This Week in Battlefield V

Seriously? Lol - Purchasing without obtaining.

PsychologicalX90
17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
What's up guys! 

I'm actually laughing out loud in shock, but thankfully I've had some nice people from EA Help fix my issues before I've started considering setting fire to things in real life.

Are you thieves sleeping okay at night? I'm serious! You guys actually allow purchases of a "Complete Set", but do not provide the Complete Set of whatever it is you've purchased? For example, I noticed the Boys AT Rifle was on sale for 5h and the logical side of me thought, "Ah, you work your socks off mate and don't have the chance to play Battlefield V long enough to obtain this through challenges, but here it offers you the Complete Set for £7.99's worth of coins!" 

So I purchased it, the whole Complete Set. Oh wait! No I didn't! I purchased the Complete Set including:

LONG RANGE SCOPE
GRIP
MAGAZINE
MUZZLE
STOCK
RECEIVER
CAMO (Cavalleria)
& NO GUN (lol)

Funnily enough, under Armory I've then selected "Weapons", but this isn't the weapon I am purchasing, it's the skins lol. WOT!? - I literally robbed up my girlfriends card to purchase this as well and when she finds out that I've thrown her £7.99 into thin air, she is going to kick off and give me hassle. I've spent 5 years figuring out how to avoid her mouth when she gets going and now you lot have got me fearing for my relationship and life, on top of NOT giving me the Boys AT Rifle. It's a terrible day to be me, seriously! 

So guys, don't make the same mistake I did and that's read things for what they are and purchase it, without actually getting what you have read, instead, my sleepless nights are about to kick in from now, as I anticipate my Mrs checking her statement and running up into my room with a machete, that or her disrespectful tone, both doing damage either way. 

Thanks for nothing, Battlefield V! You utter daylight theft professionals.

Lord have mercy on those without a brain. 

Warm hugs,
Daniel. 

Comments

• PsychologicalX90
    "Sorry about that, Danny. You're the second person to tell me this today so I have a feeling it's confusing dozens, if not hundreds of players. I went ahead and added the 750 BFC back to your account so you can spend it on a cosmetic for a gun you actually own at the moment. -Logan, EAHelp Team"

Logan has sided with me!  B) 

Do not let the boogeymen catch you! At the very least, I can let my Mrs spend the coins she has paid for now. Maybe she will like some of the face paints!

Kisses, 
    Goodnight. 
  • firechickenfan
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol. I'm 100% sure that NOWHERE does it say "buy the Boys at gun for 750 boins.

All you have to do is read the screen in front of you.
  • PsychologicalX90
    To be clear,  You purchased the COSMETICS for the gun and expected it would also unlock the weapon for you?

That's not how it works I'm afraid.

Anything you purchase with company coin is for cosmetics only  ( skins ) and not the weapon itself.

Once this weeks Tides Of War event has finished,  You should be able to purchase the BOYS AT Rifle using company coin shortly thereafter.
    Hi there!

Thanks for your comment but did you read what I said from top to bottom? Where does it say cosmetics? Instead I saw "Complete Set", also... The EA member wouldn't refund me coins, if he himself didn't find confusion in this also. 

Whilst you're here, would you mind directing me to the relevant section that you're on about when it comes to purchasing the WEAPON, rather than the cosmetic? I'll sit patiently for this rifle then if you're sure it'll be released. 

Thanks for reading!
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13047 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 29
    Complete set makes no mention of acquiring the weapon,  If you've played BFV for some time,  You will note that you have the option to buy other complete sets using company coin from the Armoury
     ( see Screenshot 1 for this ) .

If you look at the STG-44 for example,  It does state it's a complete set,  But does not make any mention of it unlocking the weapon in addition.

You should not have assumed,  You could have made a thread here asking if this was the case and we could have told you that you have to unlock the weapon first before you can use the cosmetic items on the gun.

But it is well known within the community that only cosmetics are purchased via Battlefield Coin,  Otherwise it would only fuel arguments that Battlefield coins makes the game pay to win.

To clarify this for you though..

Battlefield Coins : Characters and weapon cosmetics ONLY.
    Company Coin : Weapon purchases,  Weapon cosmetics and weapon upgrades.

At least you know for the next time.
  • xeNizKing
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Complete set makes no mention of acquiring the weapon,  If you've played BFV for some time,  You will note that you have the option to buy other complete sets using company coin from the Armoury

If you look at the STG-44 for example,  It does state it's a complete set,  But does not make any mention of it unlocking the weapon in addition.

You should not have assumed,  You could have made a thread here asking if this was the case and we could have told you that you have to unlock the weapon first before you can use the cosmetic items on the gun.

But it is well known within the community that only cosmetics are purchased via Battlefield Coin,  Otherwise it would only fuel arguments that Battlefield coins makes the game pay to win.

Yeah within the "community" a majority of which do not visit the forum or spend hours watching youtube and thus are out of the loop making the "community" you speak of that "knows" roughly 10% of what it actually should be. At a rough guess based on the average person to forum board ratio most games have.

So yeah, they should lock out cosmetics from purchase if they do not own the gun in-game. Not everyone will know and it would avoid this mess.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13047 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    ^^ that's why it would be beneficial if they were to peruse the forum,  Or Reddit and ask in either R/Battlefield or here.

• Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    An overall entertaining story OP. I can see how the implication could be made. Glad that support sorted you out. Glad nothing needed to be set on fire or dumped.

I assume the weapon will be available to buy for CC soon?
  • SirSpectacle
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If people like the OP are willing to spend 8 quid of Real Money to get a gun that will be available for a small amount of company coin in a few weeks, there might be hope for EA's micro transaction funded "Live Service" after all!
  • GeneralXIV
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 30
    Doesnt clicking on the skin tell you what you're purchasing? I dont really buy weapon skins even with company coins because I think they are a tad too expensive for just a gun, so Im not 100% sure.

Anyway.

If your girlfriend "gives you hassle" for using her money to purchase microtransactions (without her permission?) she sounds like a smart person. Dont avoid her mouth, listen to what she tells you and understand it because it will probably help you. Love her, listen to her, don't take her money. Just some free, basic relationship advice. Im not sure EA are the thieves in this situation  :o
  • ElliotLH
    8382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You could have avoided this issue by double checking what you were purchasing (same as with any transaction) and by actually asking permission to use your girlfriend's card. If I spent my girlfriend's money without asking then I'd be in trouble with her too, and rightly so.

If I were her I'd royally kick off about you stealing my money to waste on a videogame regardless of whether you got what you wanted or not.
  • PsychologicalX90
    Christ!  :'(

First off, I do have a loving relationship with my Mrs and of-course I had permission to do so, I fabricated this for a laugh and to put some smiles on faces. but I forget we live in this world were people take other people literally, even if obvious in tone!

For those of you who empathised with me, Logan from EA Help also empathised with me and returned the coins back. However, for those that spend their lives around forums and threads on Reddit, I don't lol. I literally logged into this account for the first time to make a post about my experiences, all being quite deceiving and luring.

The bottom line is, why the f*** would you be able to purchase something for something you don't have? It's that simple. You should be given the opportunity to purchase ONLY for the guns you have obtained/earned. Surely you're seeing the basic logic here? Or shall I go back to bed?

For those who showed me support, God love you. 
    For those who chipped away at my inability to understand why Battlefield allow you to spend money on something you do not have just yet, please give my plums a kiss! 

All love, 
    Daniel. 
  • PsychologicalX90
    Jezzzeh said:
    An overall entertaining story OP. I can see how the implication could be made. Glad that support sorted you out. Glad nothing needed to be set on fire or dumped.

I assume the weapon will be available to buy for CC soon?
     <3 
  • PsychologicalX90
    xeNizKing said:

Yeah within the "community" a majority of which do not visit the forum or spend hours watching youtube and thus are out of the loop making the "community" you speak of that "knows" roughly 10% of what it actually should be. At a rough guess based on the average person to forum board ratio most games have.

So yeah, they should lock out cosmetics from purchase if they do not own the gun in-game. Not everyone will know and it would avoid this mess.
     <3 
  • Titan_Awaken
    727 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Moral of the story is: always double check what exactly you are purchasing, especially so if it's an EA product.
  • ElliotLH
    8382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Moral of the story is: always double check what exactly you are purchasing, especially so if it's an EA product.
    Correct.

Second moral is to understand that if your tone needs to match what is being written and to provide all necessary information. I was honestly more concerned with the description of the relationship (utterly no mention of permission to use said card, in fact the total opposite was implied). 

What a non-issue.
  • JAVA_NL
    24 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had the same experience. After reading the replies i know now that i am a little stupid and bought the skin. But!!!

Ik have not bought the other coins before besides the free and to be earned company coins. So in this case i thought that they might be of higher value and therefore decides to spend 30 euros on them to get other stuf you would normally not get.

Sofar so good, credit card is attached and the coins added. Normally the week assignment is for mee spending some extra time, being not a good gamer :) but most of the time after 3 days i get there. So this weeks assignment is not getting anywhere because there are no teammates shooting with me with towable gear so i am not getting the Boys AT gun. no worries but i would like to test it. And with all this in mind i bought for 30 euros coins. But what a deception. No knowing i only got the skin. And within 5 days i guess my skin, which i cant use or equip, will loose or disappear it i dont get the AT gun in between?

If so, i will never ever buy coins anymore!!! i would like a refund for the 750 coins. And better information should be posted!! 
  • DerBaer1848
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

The bottom line is, why the f*** would you be able to purchase something for something you don't have? It's that simple. You should be given the opportunity to purchase ONLY for the guns you have obtained/earned. Surely you're seeing the basic logic here? Or shall I go back to bed?

All love, 
    Daniel. 

I see where you are coming from, but got to disagree. Since all the offered skins are time limited (and those purchaseable with CC may return for Boins only) it may make sense that i am able to buy a skin for a weapon i dont have - yet.
  • zenn_nme
    806 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well, the Armory doesn't state 'Cosmetics' or 'Skins'; it states 'Weapons', so I can understand the confusion...
  • PsychologicalX90
    ElliotLH said:
    Correct.

Second moral is to understand that if your tone needs to match what is being written and to provide all necessary information. I was honestly more concerned with the description of the relationship (utterly no mention of permission to use said card, in fact the total opposite was implied). 

What a non-issue.
     :D 

Even though I stated that "I fabricated this for a laugh and to put some smiles on faces." you have somehow, still got it twisted. (SMH)

Look at the end of the day, other people have agree'd and others (those who I assume), now can I assume here?  that spend all of their time lingering with their Best BFV Friends etc, that unless made crystal clear, this was an easy trip-up for inexperienced players who tend to take wording literally. Just look at my mate below for example who is ironically in the same boat. (See quoted message below.)

Thanks for the warning, I apologise for over-stepping boundaries, the funny thing is, I'm just not a regular user of these things. (Lol)

Daniel.