Removal of Frontlines & Dom [megathread]

Comments

• crazzeesyko
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My favourite gamemode. The only issue that I thought there was that the timer shouldn't pause while the objective is locked. This leads to games lasting well over an hour if the team are balanced very well especially on hamada.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    What about when it's in Grand Operations? What happens then?
    They've said it will stay in Grand Op's. But if you compare the two on say Devastation it's no contest, the true Frontlines mode is superior in every way.

Dice really need to get cracking on the server programme so the community can fix their game.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody pushing anyone.
    Just don’t bother playing the game!
  • ragnarok013
    3809 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Epthy said:
    Why not remove Conquest instead?
    Because Conquest is Battlefield and has been since BF1942.
    this is true. It also makes sence to have other modes for other players who want a different taste now and then, who want infrantry only focus modes, with out tanks and planes.

Epthy I fully agree as my two favorite modes are Conquest to scratch my large vehicle battle itch and Domination for when I want to experience CQC infantry battles. For me Squad Conquest felt like a mesh of CQ and DOM without the fun of either when it came around last the first time. Since DOM is no longer available I played BF3 Dom with some buddies and had an awesome time on Ziba Tower.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Nobody pushing anyone.
    Just don’t bother playing the game!

DICE obviously is getting rid of frontlines which was always full matches when I played it full of action, I wouldn't doubt they keep dropping other game modes until firestorm CQ and one or two more are left.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sung this tune of Knockin’ on Heavens Door by Bob Dylan & GNR

EADice took these modes from me
    I can't use it anymore
    It's getting dark too dark to see
    Feels like I'm not gunna play BFV anymore
    Knock-knock-knockin' on DICES door
    Feels like I'm not gunna play BFV anymore eh yeah
    TTK put my guns in the ground
    I can't shoot them anymore
    That cold black cloud is comin' down
    Feels like I'm not gunna play BFV anymore wow oh yeah
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gave up with trying to enjoy tanking on this. Games are meant to be fun. This ain't....
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's all psychological bs and obvious. They keep removing game types, shuffling them around in a temporary challenge with every other one being a Firestorm one. They're going to get you to start playing Firestorm and your going to like it! They don't care if they have to sacrifice the core audience or anything else. They're going to have a fartnite one way or another!
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sorry guys, I think this might be my fault.

When Panzerstorm was initially released, I abused DICE for being lazy in regards to only making this new map (that we had waited months for) available in Conquest mode. I spoke about how lazy it was of them to not take the additional effort to apply the map across ALL available game modes (since other game modes received no maps since release). Queue the announcement of the new Mercury map, and I asked the same questions, betting that it would only be available for conquest and again how they were shooting themselves in the foot by not making it available across all game modes, in a game starved of maps. 

Well **** me... DICE out done themselves this time. I guess I can't complain about this being a problem, if they just remove all the other game modes now can I?

My apologies.
    /[email protected]?
  • lnfaCt
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Frontlines was my favorite game mode in BFV.
    WHERE THE FK HELL IS FRONTLINES NOW??????
    Who want to remove it and what the hell is going in with this developer? This is a big joke isn't it?
  • UnearthedCO
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lnfaCt said:
    Who want to remove it and what the hell is going in with this developer? This is a big joke isn't it?
    I share the same opinion.  I was hoping to play Mercury on Frontlines and Squad Conquest but DICE removed Frontlines and didn't allow Squad Conquest on Mercury yet.  I like the smaller game modes because they are more tactical.
  • lnfaCt
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    lnfaCt said:
    I share the same opinion.  I was hoping to play Mercury on Frontlines and Squad Conquest but DICE removed Frontlines and didn't allow Squad Conquest on Mercury yet.  I like the smaller game modes because they are more tactical.
    Yap, 100% agree with that.
    I'm usually not that kind of person who go into forums and "cry" about stuff... but THIS decision ... I'm really REALLY disappointed... I'm literally speechless and have no Idea if I can keep playing battlefield now in games modes I usually don't like.
    I personally don't understand that "Add game modes" and than "remove the games mode" politics.. I mean whats the point in that??? The majority share this opinion and it can't be positive for the game and the future of it...

• LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    lnfaCt said:

R6S? Insurgency Sandstorm? I mean, if you like smaller modes because they are more tactical, why are you playing Battlefield? Its not a dig at your preferences, it’s just evidence of the hole DICE has dug for themselves here.

DICE is trying to be all things to all people and failing at everything because there is no core, no focus. Too many modes, how can the same game excel at so many different game modes in one “game?” 5v5, and 32v32 with vehicles, and coop, and SP, and BR, and on and on and on and on...
  • I_Debott_I
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They need to bring Frontlines/Domination back. Removing them doesn't make any sense.
    <3 Frontlines
  • I_Debott_I
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was very content with BFV's performance so far. It has grown on me to the point that it's actually my favorite of the series.
    Now without Frontline, however, I'm not so sure anymore. :/
  • I_Debott_I

Dice really need to get cracking on the server programme so the community can fix their game.
    So far I didn't care for RSP since, from my experience, private servers often tend to have very nasty customisation settings. If it would bring back Frontlines, however, it can't come soon enough.
  • Mensrea831
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Quite disappointing since i avoid conquest like the cancer it is. Either played frontlines, breakthrough or squad conquest.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Quite disappointing since i avoid conquest like the cancer it is. Either played frontlines, breakthrough or squad conquest.

That is intriguing, Why do you not like Conquest, but like SQC? Playercount/density? But the same can be said about breakthrough and frontlines, where everybody fights over an unflexible frontline.
  • trip1ex
    5218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Epthy said:
    Why not remove Conquest instead?
    Because Conquest is Battlefield and has been since BF1942.
    this is true. It also makes sence to have other modes for other players who want a different taste now and then, who want infrantry only focus modes, with out tanks and planes.

There are  plenty of maps in Conquest with next to no tanks or planes.  It isn't like the old days where most of the maps had a lot of vehicles.