Weekly Debrief

I am really annoyed by the Sturmgewehr [users] in this game

MettMoxxi
272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited May 30
It's like the only thing they are capable of using. This thing really grinds my gears because it can out outgun Smg's and also has laser like recoil and accuracy and can easily kill you across the map
Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• VincentNZ
    2911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MettMoxxi said:
    It's like the only thing they are capable of using. This thing really grinds my gears because it can out outgun Smg's and also has laser like recoil and accuracy and can easily kill you across the map

Which one is that? 1-5 or 44? Because the 44 is basically just average in everything, and the 1-5 is only good because of the higher ROF in closer engagement. Statwise neither outperform SMGs at close range and at long range they certainly fall way behind the SARs, which also mostly have hipfire specs for close range. Further their recoil is far from low, the spread to recoil is hurting the ARs a lot as are the erratic patterns. The 1907 is basically the superior AR in the game.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    MettMoxxi said:

Which one is that? 1-5 or 44? Because the 44 is basically just average in everything, and the 1-5 is only good because of the higher ROF in closer engagement. Statwise neither outperform SMGs at close range and at long range they certainly fall way behind the SARs, which also mostly have hipfire specs for close range. Further their recoil is far from low, the spread to recoil is hurting the ARs a lot as are the erratic patterns. The 1907 is basically the superior AR in the game.
    I would guess they meant the 1-5, as typically that gets called the Sturmgewehr in full whereas the StG 44 gets called that - the StG (despite that being short for Sturmgewehr).

Has it occurred to you that maybe lots of people use it because it's the first Assault gun you can use, and the first assault rifle for something like 10 assault class ranks? It's not actually that powerful - obviously it's an assault rifle, so it's going to have a decent amount of damage output and ease of use, as it has reasonably controllable recoil and it's automatic. But I'd imagine you're mainly getting annoyed because it tends to be used more because everyone, even new players has it unlocked, so you end up being killed more often by it. I think there was a similar situation with the KE7 closer to launch - obviously it was far too accurate, but I think because it was launch and everyone was just starting to use the classes, lots of people were picking Support and realising that the starting weapon was very good, and because that was one of the few weapons that had for the class for the first few ranks there were lots of KE7s around. It's still good, but it's nowhere near as commonly used anymore.
  • MrCamp121
    560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MettMoxxi wrote: »

Lol if you get outgunned by the Sturm using an smg thats your own fault
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:

Lol if you get outgunned by the Sturm using an smg thats your own fault
    Yeah, most SMGs will shred v the 1-5 at close range.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 said:
    Ah yes, the tired old "everyone that kills me is a noob with a no skill gun" argument.
    Indeed. Although in fairness, probably a decent amount of them are newer players as it's the only gun they have available. But calling anyone who kills you a 'noob' or a 'scrub' is always... interesting. You got killed by a bad player? What does that make you?

Exactly! Too many gamers have that disgusting trait of needing to make sure that everyone knows the only reason they died is because a noskill scrub went and noskill scrubbed them. If noobs are wrecking you so much, maybe shut up about it?
  • SirSpectacle
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you're angry that a "scrub" kills you with a "noskill" weapon, then you're the scrub, not him.
  • ragnarok013
    3230 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Ah yes, the tired old "everyone that kills me is a noob with a no skill gun" argument.
    I guess this is the latest incarnation of the "M-16A3 trope".
  • MettMoxxi
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ah here come the defenders of this games trash balancing. 
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    VincentNZ said:
    MettMoxxi said:

by close range you mean 0-10m where they have the exact same DMG model and within0-15m being reliably able to utilize the better hip-fire of the SMGs.
    anything beyond 15m the STG44/STG1-5/M1907SF will mob the floor in the hands of an average player with all SMGs but the suomi/Thompson and ZK-383(if light-bolt is used).
    0-20 that is the sweet-spot so to speak for engaging with SMGs and having even the slightest hope of coming out on top.
    where as ARs are even in these 20m more then enough for SMGs that do not have a ROF above 600ish. since DPS is worse and a sane assault uses quick-aim to use the vastly better ADS accuracy and the "recoil-patters" that tends to lead to at least one HS after 2-4 rounds since the kick in that way.
    because in a head on duel SMGs are not really that reliable at least the vast majority of them.
    now you can say well just flank the enemy and that is true but if you flank the enemy and catch them off guard every weapon becomes good. and even then if i could choose i'd rather take an AR into the engagement then an SMGs.
  • sabootheshaman
    1112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Checks OP's stats... 

Looks under bridge. 
  • MrCamp121
    560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Nobody said this game is balanced. In fact theres been many many threads about it since launch. Theres also been many nerf threads, cry threads, rage threads. This included.

Maybe instead of whining, use a weapon that can compete. The sturmgewehr isnt amazing. The M1907 is far superior in ROF and is easily controllable. Wheres your thread on that? Or dont you get killed by it enough?
  • PackersDK
    757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MettMoxxi said:
    Nobody said the game was balanced. But that’s Dice’s fault. Not the players using good weapons. And as pointed out by others, the gun is not that op. 

I’d say your posts say more about you than any player using any gun in the game. 
  • Masqerader
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Someone's inability to aim isn't a balance problem
  • mrtwotimes
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I hate these unskillful weapons where all you have to do is move a stick and press a button..... wait.....
  • Tip_the_Cap
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That gun is crap, and this is a ridiculous cry.
  • M_Rat13
    1057 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:

Nobody said this game is balanced. In fact theres been many many threads about it since launch. Theres also been many nerf threads, cry threads, rage threads. This included.

Maybe instead of whining, use a weapon that can compete. The sturmgewehr isnt amazing. The M1907 is far superior in ROF and is easily controllable. Wheres your thread on that? Or dont you get killed by it enough?
    So the solution is to play a different gun in the same class (Assault). That doesn't sound like balance to me. Although maybe I'm crazy becuase I'm thinking about BF1 balance that actually worked but people hated it lol.
  • MrCamp121
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    MrCamp121 said:

So the solution is to play a different gun in the same class (Assault). That doesn't sound like balance to me. Although maybe I'm crazy becuase I'm thinking about BF1 balance that actually worked but people hated it lol.

Whining isnt the solution. Whats the solution to a tank? A weapon to counter it. Correct? Same scenario. Use a weapon to counter it. Or aim for the head....which doesnt sound like the OP can do
  • MrCamp121
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    MrCamp121 said:

And hes whining that it beats SMGs. Certain ones yes with their slower rof for mid range. But it does not beat the thompson or suomi in cqc. And has the same rof as the MP. So if youre losing in cqc with suomi or tommy then its his own problem