Weekly Debrief

Battlefield V Will It Improve

124»

Comments

• GrizzGolf
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just need more weapons
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    802 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jerramelee wrote: »
    Improve? It is obvious the game suffers from mass cheating before anything else! I don't think there will be a fix for bf5. I have lost faith and trust. I will no longer buy another of the series without proven anti cheat measures.  That means when "bf6" or what ever the next in the series will be called is released - i will not buy it unless I see working anti cheat. BF5 is so corrupted with cheating and hacking that its not fun for me. I had to put it down : ( I will not suffer that again and if others follow suit ... there will be better anti cheat / hack implemented. As far as I am concerned, this is the absolute main issue to be dealt with. 

Good for you, there are lots of us who have come to this sad realization that EA/DICE treats Battlefield and it’s communities like a dumpster. Its not some temporary blip, this is who they are and its a shame they’re using Battlefield as they are. I wish they would sell it to another company, preferably one who is interested in gaming.
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It doesn't matter how much content they release, until they fix the net code and improve the anti cheat the game will continue to die. what's the point of releasing new maps when they game is borderline unplayable.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is a failure.

BF6 is coming in 2020.

Where is the time and resources coming from to fix BFV?

• FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see Multiple comments about resources. I have come to the conclusion that it has not been the amount of resources that has been the issue but how they have been used. Specifically wasted working on things that nobody asked for. Going back to initial development- 1. the attrition system nobody asked for it.
    2. Being prone on your back, nobody asked for it.
    3. The body movements when bleeding out that nobody asked for.

2 & 3 specifically are contributors to difficult visibility, having to distinguish between them creates problems.

4. The ridiculous amount of clutter around the objectives. How much time/money was wasted on this one thing?? This also contributes to difficult visibility.

5. The now yellow tint when healing? Again I ask- WHO ASKED FOR THIS????????

These are just off the top of my head. I’m sure others can add tons more. They have and continue to waste budget(time and money) on stuff instead of fixing stuff. It greatly appears that whoever has been running things is in over their head. A patch to fix at least one small thing should be pushed out weekly. Even the smallest thing would show progress. EPIC does this and people love them for it.

You Sir, are a legend! Absolutely nailed it on the head. The real issue with this game is the conceptual focus right at the start. It feels very much like they started with a massive brain-storming session of what would be cool in a BF game (increased immersion, destructible buildings, camouflage, etc.) and totally forgot that at the very core, the game needed to be enjoyable and rewarding for players.

As a consequence we ended up with a bloated buggy game that tries to do too many things at once and fails at so many of them. I would much rather they scaled back their ambition and delivered a solid game rather than shooting for the sky and ending up delivering a poor one.

Given the problems stem from the initial concept stage, I don't know they can actually fix it now. The problem is the player base is shrinking, revenue is non-existent and the work required to really get it back on track is enormous. If EA invested properly they could achieve it, redeem the game and grow the player base, but from a corporate perspective there's a lot of risk involved in that. Of course, failing to invest means that they will be causing long term damage to the franchise but in today's age of short term executive bonuses, that's probably not a real concern.
  • mf_shro0m
    1752 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see Multiple comments about resources. I have come to the conclusion that it has not been the amount of resources that has been the issue but how they have been used. Specifically wasted working on things that nobody asked for. Going back to initial development- 1. the attrition system nobody asked for it.
    2. Being prone on your back, nobody asked for it.
    3. The body movements when bleeding out that nobody asked for.

2 & 3 specifically are contributors to difficult visibility, having to distinguish between them creates problems.

4. The ridiculous amount of clutter around the objectives. How much time/money was wasted on this one thing?? This also contributes to difficult visibility.

5. The now yellow tint when healing? Again I ask- WHO ASKED FOR THIS????????

These are just off the top of my head. I’m sure others can add tons more. They have and continue to waste budget(time and money) on stuff instead of fixing stuff. It greatly appears that whoever has been running things is in over their head. A patch to fix at least one small thing should be pushed out weekly. Even the smallest thing would show progress. EPIC does this and people love them for it.

Whilst I agree that the devs haven’t focused their time and resources all that well as a whole (e.g. by breaking flight mechanics when they were working well), the things you’ve listed are all pretty small tasks. In the time they could’ve saved by foregoing all of those things, they could’ve added maybe three quarters of a map

So whilst the devs could’ve been more focused, it’d be callous to say that they had adequate resources given how much better, more detailed and more numerous BF4 and BF1’s maps were compared to BFV’s
  • diagoro
    1551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People are asking for two things....
    1. Better hit detection, and better performing servers. 'Net code' has been a huge issue since day one, and servers are growing worse (and they are also closing regions, and ignoring others). Dice seem to be either incapable of fixing this, or straight out ignoring the community.
    2. New content. Mercury would be ok as part of a group of maps, but az the only 64 player map to be released within a period of months, it merely shows how unfocused Dice are. It also appears the map was gimped from prior release leaks, ad it's fairly small, and missing boats.

I think Dice are trying, but each step forward isn't engendering any real confidence that we'll ever get to a good place.
  • GeorgyRommel
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 30
    Nope! There hasn't been a single improvement since launch and I expect that trend to continue. BF5 is now unplayable for me after the last two updates.

• Players Skip across the screen when I ADS
    • Tanks / Planes never spawn on Panzerstorm
    • Stuttering
    • Phantom Plane engines drown out any useful sounds.
    • Hit markers register after I have finished firing / turned my back to move on.
    Add those to the fact that I'm now forced too play with multiple triple ping players. ( 100 - 400 )  Thanks to OOR on the German servers, I've uninstalled.