This Week in Battlefield V

So what do you think about COD:MW

gujjarr
9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited June 1
what do you think about new Call of duty game trailer? do you think DICE should make modern warfare game?

My last thread is Locked by Moderator.
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/188480/so-what-do-you-think-about-cod-mw3#latest

Post edited by gujjarr on

Comments

• DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not Modern Warefare 3, it's just Modern Warefare. It's confusing because they've already had a Modern Warfare titled game. Aside from that, the trailer looked sick. They have a new game engine that has improved the rendering fidelity significantly while maintaining 60fps. No doubt it's going to look stunning but will that be overshadowed by the "games as a service" crap and "micro transactions" ?

In recent iterations COD has been nothing more than a loot box, micro transaction and gambling machine.

However, their games are more polished and the controls are tighter than BF. I loathe BFV's input lag.

We'll see.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean Warfare... Not Warefare.
  • OperatorSBS
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 30
    Hello... I don’t usually post here much, even though I have played the BF franchise for over 16 years.

What do I think? Disappointed, you may ask why?

I think the trailer is very good, exceptional in fact, as it is targeted directly at the mature age range who like to play authentic military FPS, with a touch of semi-realism.

This game from what I can currently read and gather from other YouTube videos could be good, or, even better if they push the multiplayer count to maybe 24 or 32 dependent on game mode.

You will find that there are many individuals on this forum who preferred BF3 (and the older games) and the medal of honour reboots... this game will appeal to that demographic (myself included).

Why am I disappointed... it just shows how far DICE have fallen sadly with BF5.
  • fragnstein
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 30
    Looks pretty sweet, new engine with Ray tracing. Curious how well they will get theirs to run. I haven't played cod in quit some time (like since cod2) , but the trailer has me interested
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have my eye on it. If the multiplayer looks as good, then bye-bye EA/Dice.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rumors is its during the cold war era, and the 90's to the 2000s
  • M_Rat13
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll repost what I said in the other thread before it was closed. I feel COD is about to destroy battlefield. Simply because this feels like they put effort into their work.
  • gujjarr
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So next Battlefield should be modern warfare? or just copy from BF3, BF4 and cod modern warfare :smile:
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rumor has it the next Battlefield is Bad Company 3. I really couldn't care less. I didn't have any attachment to the previous BC titles, and watching EA/Dice titles have the poo hit the fan with Battlefront 1&2, Battlefield, Anthem, and their sports titles doesn't convey any faith.
  • Toxic_CA
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Looks pretty good from what I've been reading. I'm looking forward to seeing it at e3
  • DJTN1
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    Looks pretty good from what I've been reading. I'm looking forward to seeing it at e3

Yeah, I just seen where it was confirmed to be at e3. Hope somebody will ask IW about "Live Services" and "Micro Transactions".

They've said no zombies because they built the game to look as realistic as possible. They will have a campaign, co-op and cross play but they didn't go into any details. Hopefully we'll find out more at e3.
  • Vespervin
    1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It amazes me how you got the name of the game wrong even though you provided a link to the trailer itself.

I'm a wee bit interested in this game after seeing the trailer. The campaign should prove to be interesting if the whole thing is similar in tone to the 'No Russian' mission from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It seems to be really influenced by recent events in the real world because the footage showed a bombing in the Middle East and the characters in the area were wearing white helmets, like the questionable real world organisation.

Let's see what E3 shows us. 
  • gujjarr
    Vespervin said:
    It amazes me how you got the name of the game wrong even though you provided a link to the trailer itself.

I'm a wee bit interested in this game after seeing the trailer. The campaign should prove to be interesting if the whole thing is similar in tone to the 'No Russian' mission from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It seems to be really influenced by recent events in the real world because the footage showed a bombing in the Middle East and the characters in the area were wearing white helmets, like the questionable real world organisation.

Let's see what E3 shows us. 

Game name wrong? use common sense.
  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm amped. The MW series is the only COD I like. The single player campaign is amazing, and unlike Treyarch, Sledgehammer won't completely wreck the franchise by omitting such a giant part of the game.

Can't wait to see what Capt Price is up to after MW3.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    721 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm really interested in this game even though I haven't played a MW game since MW2. I'm also curious about their new engine. If the guys/gals that left DICE after the SWBF fiasco went over to Infinity Ward to help them with the new engine then this game will be fantastic.
  • OskooI_007
    771 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like how things look authentic and real. Instead of cartoony and Fortnitish like BFV
  • ackers75
    2390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rumour is it’s also 10v10
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Infinite Warfare is the most underrated COD ever. MP was meh, but the single player? man, that single player was something else!
  • Vespervin
    1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Infinite Warfare is the most underrated COD ever. MP was meh, but the single player? man, that single player was something else!
    I absolutely agree with you there. The campaign had an amazing story line that had me hooked to the very end. It is easily one of my favourite Call of Duty campaigns to play.
  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah it was. The dogfighting was minty mint