So many knife style melee weapons

Hawxxeye
5024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
A lot of the new melee weapons seem to be the faster to swing 3+ hit kill variety.
Is there any chance we can get something new on the slower 2 hit kill variety melee weapons? I think that right now only the Kukri and the Coupe-Coupe is in that category, meanwhile we constantly get new daggers.
Perhaps a cavalry sword now or a Japanese sword later if the pacific theater factions come?

Comments

• NuttysKunKs
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I shot a guy in the head with a smoke launcher (4hp) only to pounce on him with that new dagger.

Stab, stab, stab. Not dead, his mate kills me.

Hmm... :neutral:
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Knives are generally bad even they have the widest OHK radius. Not only because it take 3+ hits to kill but those also have probably the longest animation for finishing off the enemy which can easily get you killed.
  • SirSpectacle
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What's wrong with the Fire Axe?
  • ElliotLH
    7319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the fire axe and fire rake are 2HK as well.
  • Hawxxeye
    5024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 31
    It awakens a personal trauma of my time in the army where I had to chop wood with a blunt fire axe because the higher ups worry that a sharp axe would increase the chance that a soldier would use it to commit suicide (I am serious, they have blunted every sharp object possible, issuing us blunt bayonets that are only good for stretching the bed covers to make them look good for inspection)
  • DerBaer1848
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    SirSpectacle said:

It awakens a personal trauma of my time in the army where I had to chop wood with a blunt fire axe because the higher ups worry that a sharp axe would increase the chance that a soldier would use it to commit suicide (I am serious, they have blunted every sharp object possible, issuing us blunt bayonets that are only good for stretching the bed covers to make them look good for inspection)

Wtf, where have you served? :'D
  • Hawxxeye
    edited May 31
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    SirSpectacle said:

Wtf, where have you served? :'D
    Compulsory military service ( 9 months) in the Greek Army. The biggest fear of the officers is that one of the temporary soldiers will have a mental breakdown and do something crazy and that they will have to deal with a soldier's parents. Your weapon will be a G3A3 (aka a 60y old rifle model) that they will keep locked for you unless you have to use it or maintain it and a blunted bayonet and you will be being taught that in a war you are supposed build trenches in the 21st century...
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shovel and pick axe are also heavy, bladed melee weapons.