No new map in TDM?!?

KPNuts74
484 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Okay, I have been very positive and patient about BFV to date (other than removal of UK servers and subsequent decline of German server performance).

However, even though I was willing to accept we were only getting one new map (as opposed to four like in previous BF DLC’s), to find it is not in all modes is shockingly bad.

As a TDM player, I have played the same maps since November.

Bring back Premium! I would rather pay and have proper development in place!

Comments

• bigmatt9486
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just be happy you get to keep the mode anon
  • KPNuts74
    484 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Do not be ridiculous. TDM has been established in BF for a while now.
  • SirSpectacle
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:

So was domination... 
  • CaptHotah
    1050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:

bigmatt9486 wrote: »

So was domination... 

TDM was and is much more popular then Domination. Its also older.
  • CaptHotah
    1050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree. Really disappointed when ive seen no TDM on Mercury
  • KPNuts74
    KPNuts74 said:

bigmatt9486 wrote: »

So was domination... 

So should we all be happy for not losing established modes? My understanding is TDM had a higher player base than Domination & Frontlines (not that this makes it right to lose modes).

With UK servers being shut down and game modes being removed, I would assume the player count is far lower than needed at this stage for BFV.

At least if Premium was in place, there would be an obligation for DICE to deliver more maps etc.
  • fragnstein
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If bfv was premium, you would be waiting a long to to get the first dlc with 4 maps considering it took 6 months to get 1
  • KPNuts74
    fragnstein wrote: »
    If bfv was premium, you would be waiting a long to to get the first dlc with 4 maps considering it took 6 months to get 1

That makes no sense. The reason DICE can deliver as little/as infrequently as they like is because there is no promise/contract in place for them to do so. If Premium was active, they would HAVE to deliver.
  • ElliotLH
    7233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Get ready guys cos TDM could be next to go. After all you can just play Squad Conquest as it's so similar, right /s
  • nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's pretty much because they're struggling with a small team and they're well behind schedule. Even though making maps available in all modes can't be that hard, it's clearly too much work for DICE. Plus they have this new and ridiculous mentality that the map has to work perfectly in the mode before they release it. So they might have had a roundtable or some tests with TDM and decided the map didn't work in the mode. I doubt this would have happened, but DICE have removed FL and DOM, so they're clearly not working on all cylinders.
  • CaptHotah
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Get ready guys cos TDM could be next to go. After all you can just play Squad Conquest as it's so similar, right /s

Im pretty sure they wont remove tdm
  • ElliotLH
    7233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Im pretty sure they wont remove tdm

As I'm sure were fans of Dom and Frontlines. At this point I would doubt any mode other than Conquest, Firestorm and Grand Ops (solely as GO is advertised on the packaging) could have a chance of being on the chopping block if they don't perform well.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well the RSP at end of summer will let all those have all modes back.
  • ElliotLH
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    Well the RSP at end of summer will let all those have all modes back.

Yes that is correct. This is why it's more the principle over anything else for me. Same as the closure of the UK/Ohio servers.

The way the have handled matters from before BFV was even released have left a lot to be desired.