Weekly BF

Elite Soldiers looks = Please do not take BF 5 in the "Monster / Frankenstein look" direction

bigdaddygonutz
213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
The 2 first "Elites" looked okay and "WW2 realistic"  but............ with the 2nd and 3rd "Elites" you almost went back to the "female robot arm" failure you had before launch.

Why on earth is it that you want turn BF 5 into some  a "Monster game"? (granted: your not there yet but you are heading in that direction)

You have so many possibilities of making "Elites" look like French Resistance, Czek partisans, Russian partisans, Sailors, U boat captains  or what ever - and keeping it within a realistic "WW2 perspective".

With this approach you could actually honor and respect some of the Freedom fighters that made a great effort during the war.

......... but you decide to make a female with a bad hairday  that for some reason didnt want to take her coat completely on.......... + a kinda freaky looking "Frankenstein  German" with a metal mask............

Double sigh and triple Facepalm

PS:

Why dont you connect with your Community and use the ressources you can get for free? = Ask people to post ideas with Map design, Elite soldier designs. Weapons cosmetic designs etc. etc.

............ I bet you there are some really clever and competent people (not me) in the Community that could help you out and you could turn BF 5 into something epic (which BF 5 deserves because its got such a great "foundation" to build on if its just developed in the right direction)

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Based on no evidence whatsoever I believe the Elites are leftovers from before the style change. Hanna looks very similar to the prosthetic-arm lady to me and Seamus looks reminiscent of the baldy vest wearing dude. I imagine a version of Katana-on-back man will turn up eventually.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Based on no evidence whatsoever I believe the Elites are leftovers from before the style change. Hanna looks very similar to the prosthetic-arm lady to me and Seamus looks reminiscent of the baldy vest wearing dude. I imagine a version of Katana-on-back man will turn up eventually.
    As soon as Pacific theater arrives most likely.
  • JAVA_NL
    26 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I Agree. Why not even the oldest marine corps, dutch royal marines, in their blue longcoats who actually did the fighting in Rotterdam? Afrika Korps and Eight Army troops. True german fallschirmjäger tunics. Etc.
  • JAVA_NL
    26 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is a reason not to go to the phantom of the opera but indeed what the f 😬
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 31
    It's quite a thing when players talk about realism and realistic uniforms in the same game where players wanted glow in the dark soldiers when they couldn't see (I could) enemies because of more realistic graphics and detail on maps.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    I want a prosthetic arm for Helga!
    It's coming with the next chapter.
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wilhelm Franke is ruined by that "Phantom of the Opera" mask, otherwise it would be a perfect and cool skin. 
  • ElliotLH
    8563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Narfiam wrote: »
    Wilhelm Franke is ruined by that "Phantom of the Opera" mask, otherwise it would be a perfect and cool skin. 

For me it's the super-villain pose which is more jarring than the mask.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Headline: Woman in a war zone, with less-than-perfect hair, is turning Battlefield V into a “Monster Game”.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I keep thinking of Dennis Hopper's character in Waterworld every time I see Wilhelm on the Battlefield. Especially playing Mercury.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    802 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I repeat:

Using a historical war for a cosmetics based f2p games was and is a horrible idea.
  • Matty101yttam
    1059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My 1st thought was that he looked like a RTCW/COD bad guy, just waiting for zombies and human/machine/weapon hybrids now.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mark my words, it's only a matter of time until an evil clown skin is for sale in this game.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mark my words, it's only a matter of time until an evil clown skin is for sale in this game.
    I'm picturing IT. Also, not likely to sleep tonight so thanks for that. :#
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ugh, so it looks like we'll end up having to pay for the Filthy Thirteen infantryman we've been seeing in the promotional art.
  • ElliotLH

So long as it's not one of those creepy porcelain dolls. God I hate those evil, soul-stealing things.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm picturing IT. Also, not likely to sleep tonight so thanks for that. :#
    It was hilarious when PUBG released their Killer Klown skin, it was twenty-five dollars and the kiddies rushed to get mom's credit card to buy it.  Then they'd show up in a lobby thinking everyone would be in awe of their cool new skin--and there would be a dozen others all standing around looking at each other wondering why they wasted the money to look exactly the same as all those other fools.  At least in PUBG you could mix and match pieces of the skin so you could sort of customize it, but not in BFV....