This Week in Battlefield V

Dice is removing threads on this forum.....Really nice DICE

TheEagleEmpire
27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Im gonna assume they dont like constructive criticism, or they are feeling the heat of this failed game. And people thought Hardline was bad. This game cant hold Hardlines jock strap. Go ahead and censor this thread, I already know you will. But Im gonna screen shot it for Twitter first 

Comments

• Kattegat_Twin
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    By any chance did you try and edit a post right after making it? Because sometimes that causes a bug where your post vanishes. It's happened to me a couple of times.
  • warslag
    1452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The only thing I don't like is the way messages keep getting sent for approval. What's that all about?

It is really hard work being a moderator though. I think it is from what I've seen. Being polite and sincere all day to angry and ungrateful people is very difficult.
  • TropicPoison
    2414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They removed my thread about them removing modes to push people into other not as popular modes, like their failed firestorm for example.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The forum has active moderation that runs like fight club. The first rule of EA form moderation. . . 

But the servers they force us to play on are unattended. Priorities. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    1497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I made a big thread months back filled with my thoughts on tanks written in a very constructive way. I posted it and it never showed, where normally after a while it would go up if this kinda thing happened on posts, never did.  
  • StarscreamUK
    7286 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Dice dont remove anything from the forums.
    Threads/posts are never deleted.  If they are edited they may end up being sent to spam by askimet, but if you message someone they can go in there and look  around for it to retrieve it.
    If a thread vanishes and is a violation, it simply is removed from public view, not deleted.  We can still see threads/posts that the public cannot.

However it may be more prudent to give some details about your thread that you are claiming dice deleted, as looking at your history none of yours have been marked as spam nor hidden.
  • TropicPoison
    2414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice dont remove anything from the forums.
    Threads/posts are never deleted.  If they are edited they may end up being sent to spam by askimet, but if you message someone they can go in there and look  around for it to retrieve it.
    If a thread vanishes and is a violation, it simply is removed from public view, not deleted.  We can still see threads/posts that the public cannot.

However it may be more prudent to give some details about your thread that you are claiming dice deleted, as looking at your history none of yours have been marked as spam nor hidden.

I suppose the mega thread absorbed my thread, notifications or something would be nice for this sort of thing.
  • Trokey66
    8370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im gonna assume they dont like constructive criticism, or they are feeling the heat of this failed game. And people thought Hardline was bad. This game cant hold Hardlines jock strap. Go ahead and censor this thread, I already know you will. But Im gonna screen shot it for Twitter first 

Never assume, check.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    The only thing I don't like is the way messages keep getting sent for approval. What's that all about?

It is really hard work being a moderator though. I think it is from what I've seen. Being polite and sincere all day to angry and ungrateful people is very difficult.
    It's a bot that is supposed to hold messages which meet certain conditions until a mod can check them, IIRC posts containing web links qualify.  It doesn't seem to be aimed at particular posters, just at certain sorts of content.
  • EA_Alexander
    542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    warslag said:

It's a bot that is supposed to hold messages which meet certain conditions until a mod can check them, IIRC posts containing web links qualify.  It doesn't seem to be aimed at particular posters, just at certain sorts of content.
    Yeah, the filter doesn't really target specific profiles at all. Just poke myself or our mods in case you don't see your message.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In particular, the forums pick up on posts that contain an embedded post that itself contains embedded posts that it was originally responding to ... well, that was a bit of a weird sentence, wasn't it?

The mods can't really do anything about this, I'm afraid, besides manually approving posts in the mod queue. 
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They removed my thread about them removing modes to push people into other not as popular modes, like their failed firestorm for example.

Same for me, no more frontlines... WTF
  • StarscreamUK
    7286 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Your thread has been merged with the megathread, check your comments, you'll find it there