Weekly BF

Please punish leavers

Comments

• Delta245
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pay for switch team? With CC. I don’t know whatever. Punishing people for leaving a game is ridiculous. Imo
  • trip1ex
    4868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 30
    Delta245 said:
    pay for switch team? With CC. I don’t know whatever. Punishing people for leaving a game is ridiculous. Imo
    Ridiculous is quitting match after match in a multiplayer game with no consequences.   Deserters will be shot!
  • UraniumReaper
    589 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Ferdinand_J_Foch said:
    Are we really going to argue over this topic again? Seriously?

Seriously?

If a game doesn't have a competitive ranking system that depends on your win/loss ratio, it doesn't need to punish people who leave matches, regardless of how annoying that act is.

Nonsense.  Being super annoying and ruining the fun of matches is plenty reason to punish quitters.  

I mean listen to yourself.  You're basically saying something is super annoying but let's leave it in the game.  Lmao.

There are so many things that are annoying in this game, who cares about who quits? If quitters quitting dampens your enjoyment of the game then play in a clan or stop playing or... just deal with it like any well adjusted person would do? In BF1 team switching was bashed to the point it's not in the game anymore, back the. I use to switch to the losing/unbalanced side (as did many others) and that somewhat evened it out from time to time.

Not sure when other people not wanting to play a game made such a huge issue for others... jeez.
  • sabootheshaman
    1153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:
    Zviko0 said:
    Punish leavers? So now a casual gamer like me must suffer through a boring casual game because we are getting stomped and if I leave I'll get punished?

What a bs suggestion. How about designing a balancing system that works? That would pretty much solve this "problem".
    BS is letting players quit ad nauseum at the first sign of losing and letting them take a dump all over servers until Mom's little joey is in a winning situation.  

It's a multiplayer game.  Sometimes you get stomped.  

Balance isn't going to ensure you don't stomped either.  And I'm for better balance.  But expecting balance to somehow ensure perfect matches is completely naive.  

Learn to deal.  Deserters will be shot!

That line was in the first BF game.  You go out of bounds for too long and you die.  That should  extend to the players that desert their team in the middle of a round.   Punish them!
    Says "Learn to deal" but spends time denigrating people who don't believe him to force change that hasn't happened.

Guess who needs to "Learn to deal" mon ami?
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Delta245 said:

Ridiculous is quitting match after match in a multiplayer game with no consequences.   Deserters will be shot!

But most of the maps suck, they're trash for the most part compared to any past Battlefield maps.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JPhysics said:
    Speaking of quitters
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/178097/im-retiring-from-bf#latest

I think people who announce their retirement should have all forum privileges revoked and their entire origin library wiped  :D
    LOL, good catch.  So he's not only a troll, he's a hypocrite as well, no surprise there.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm announcing my retirement. What do I get?. Will you miss me?

Actually I've decided I'm not retiring - I'm going to hang around annoying everyone, that is the most sensible option.
  • G-Gnu
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm announcing my retirement. What do I get?. Will you miss me?

Actually I've decided I'm not retiring - I'm going to hang around annoying everyone, that is the most sensible option.
    That is the right spirit, i try to do the same as much as possible.
  • TFBisquit
    1700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Okay, I'm gonna flip the record now, and see if the B-side is just as exciting :smiley:

• Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    The title “Please punish leavers” makes me think of the European Union.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    BFEXIT
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How about this. For every match I quit when on the winning team I get a coin to let me quit when on a losing team?  That way I can stack those coins sky high when I leave a Brazilian server the quick match put me!
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 31
    SWEXIT - Stockholm Syndrome - I feel like a captor
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Balancing would be kinda easy if it was just based off of points that match.  Then move a few top dogs over to losing side and keep switching around till matches get down to close matches.  I maybe have a total of 10 close matches for all the matches I played since April.  Bad Company 2 seemed more equal close games.  Yeah if you team  is clan stacked yeah you could take all flags and chase people out of the server pretty quickly and get like 10 MVP's in a row and a 20 game winning streak till another big clans pops in on opposite team.
  • sabootheshaman
    1153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @GRAW2ROBZ it’s weird because they seemed to of had it working in BF1.

Just switch a squad end of round to valance would be good. Clearly it’s broken, but it’s causing a lot of pain right now. Look at the current state of the Mercury servers. People are getting rolled hard.

Only confidence I have is that paid servers will address it later this year. Currently though it’s just adding toxicity to the community with debates like this deteriorating into weird abuse and finger pointing.

Here in Oceania it’s very often turning to a stack due to the clans all being friendly and wanting to play with each other. You end up with 3 friendly clans stacked and on discord co-ordinating the carnage.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Deserters will be shot!

Stayers will be shot! 

Catch-22!
  • BlankDiplomacy
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 31
    Deserters will be shot!

Stayers will be shot! 

Catch-22!
    Soviets are not in the game yet...
  • trip1ex
    4868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 31
    Delta245 said:

But most of the maps suck, they're trash for the most part compared to any past Battlefield maps.
    So only a system to punish serial quitters when you say the maps are good?  ;)
  • GeorgyRommel
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As soon as the hoards of triple ping players storm the German servers, I'm out. With the current trend, I end up quitting almost every other game.