Huge FPS drops since latest patch

2»

Comments

• l-SneakyBastrd-l
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since either this patch or the latest Nvidia driver or the last windows update, my performance decreased dramatically compared to a week ago.
    Last week I was playing on Devastation with an average of 90 FPS however today I barely hit 60.
    Also on other maps, the FPS hits are huge. I run the game on a 1070 with an i 7 4790K.

I'm not really sure what the issue is, I tried downgrading my graphics driver however that version doesn't run on the newest version of windows.
    So I can't try that sadly.

Anyone else having a similar issue?
    What gfx version? I have same issue and using 425.30, no stuttering, decent fps 130+ (1080ti) 
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zoon_dk wrote: »

While helpful for some in the past the current issues are not fixable by user
  • l-SneakyBastrd-l
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since 2nd to last patch, randomly, i'll be playing fine 140+ fps then all of a sudden 40 fps, i have to restart pc to resolve it, but as i say it's random, i can play for weeks no issue, other times it happens a cpl times a day.
  • monghole
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had a major performance hit since this new patch...I've figured out what is happening but not why.  My GPU is being throttled by the game an r9 390x @1080mhz playing bf5  it starts ok then a large dip below 300mhz then it levels out to around 970mhz  it isn't heat it's barely over 50c BF4 is solid at 1080mhz and runs in high 60's
  • BACKYARDBULLY38
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't get to play BF games like I use to. Hard to find a game if I do get time and if I do barley anyone in the server. What's up with that? I guess the Battle Royal games are taking over? Not a fan! I get board cause every1 is hill humping or in a building, no action what so ever. The mellino's generation kind of changed the game play nothing but campers. {ZZZZ! ZZ ZZZ} what a snooze fest! Anybody know a good server Any BF game shoot me a message please I'm so ready to play a good round of me some Battlefield. I miss the close call games where you win or loose by somebody pulling something out there A$$ to win the game! 
  • MsieurLeodagan
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sometimes I have "lag" sound; exemple : cry of soldier, sound of aitplane or tank, explosion : min freeze
  • BACKYARDBULLY38
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since either this patch or the latest Nvidia driver or the last windows update, my performance decreased dramatically compared to a week ago.
    Last week I was playing on Devastation with an average of 90 FPS however today I barely hit 60.
    Also on other maps, the FPS hits are huge. I run the game on a 1070 with an i 7 4790K.

I'm not really sure what the issue is, I tried downgrading my graphics driver however that version doesn't run on the newest version of windows.
    So I can't try that sadly.

Anyone else having a similar issue?
    What gfx version? I have same issue and using 425.30, no stuttering, decent fps 130+ (1080ti) 
    All games seam to be having this FPS drop issue now. COD Black opts 4 is doing it for me now as well. Got to be something like driver issue or RTX related. Everything was fine till they all started trying to support RTX. My 1070 should be able to play these games eazy. I really don't feel like spending the money on a RTX gpu when ill just shut this feature off anyways. FPS isn't that great I hear 
  • KumanoChinpei
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When will this be fixed?
  • YeOleChief
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was able to fix my framerate today by repairing the game in origin and updating to the latest windows. I was getting 60fps average with a rtx 2070 today and finally had enough. Im now at 120fps average.
  • ganbaa_elmer
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have huge fps drops now.
    60 to 12 fps almost 5 seconds
    normally my pc 60fps
    but every 5 minuts 3 second fps drops to 12fps
    i really hate EA ?!

my laptop spec:
    I7-7700HQ
    GTX 1060 6GB
    16GB DDR4
  • ganbaa_elmer
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have huge fps drops now.
    60 to 12 fps almost 5 seconds
    normally my pc 60fps
    but every 5 minuts 3 second fps drops to 12fps
    i really hate EA ?!

my laptop spec:
    I7-7700HQ
    GTX 1060 6GB
    16GB DDR4

GeForce Driver 431.36