Dont you think the scout class needs changing?

ashleyandnicole
28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Don’t you find it infuriating when you have a objective captured and you notice in the map when you die the other one isn’t getting taken because half the god damn team are just sniping waiting for the objective to repopulate then carry on doing the same, this costs me so many matches it angers me red in the face

Comments

• ashleyandnicole
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On breakthrough I mean
  • ChiefSniper
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 31
    No.
    Lol. But seriously... no.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Buff bolt action rifles. That's it.
  • PtBlankDiplomacy
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 31
    Just leave it as it is. It was always like this and will always be.
  • superteds
    1160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    this is a fresh topic
  • Noodlesocks
    2658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would probably see more of them playing the objective if they could compete with other classes. Even their semi auto rifles are outclassed by semi auto rifles from other classes. They aren't even that much faster firing than Medic's bolt action carbines.
  • Marcusspinner
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    more explosives, or gadgets in general would be nice. Still assault is the explosives expert, but I feel weak when around tanks...
  • KMAsterisk
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As if Recon has a monopoly on camping objectives.
  • ElliotLH
    7825 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nope. It's also not just Recon who camp on the periphery of flags. All classes can do that. It's a player issue and not a class issue.
  • VincentNZ
    2592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well besides the Model 8 and, which is usable on objectives and the recon now has Pistol carbines that work quite nicely in conjunction with their gadgets.
  • Hawxxeye
    5209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 1
    ElliotLH said:
    Nope. It's also not just Recon who camp on the periphery of flags. All classes can do that. It's a player issue and not a class issue.
    to include all the factors:
    A player issue, a case of not rewarding recons who get close enough with the max damage, a K/D farming issue and an assignment issue.
    We have all seen recons who are actually getting in the face of  others close up. Bayonet charge never gets old and neither the revolver
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    servers with no sniper, or limited number of snipers were even funnier to play than vanilla settings back in BF4.

I know DICE won’t remove the class at all, I just hope I could rent a server and ban snipers in mine.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Funny because the only class that doesn't camp is medic , if only there was a reason for that
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Funny because the only class that doesn't camp is medic , if only there was a reason for that
    I've seen some Medics camping with the Sten or the Tromboncino. Sometimes, you'll even see a Medic hiding in a corner with an SMG ... not sure I can blame them considering how most maps don't accommodate SMGs all that well. 
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    more explosives, or gadgets in general would be nice. Still assault is the explosives expert, but I feel weak when around tanks...

As a medic main with smokes I can only put down cover smoke against tanks and hope that assaults and supports advance on the tanks. Still, that's not a reason why I'd stay back from a capture area. Many a times I end up playing hide & seek with a tank crew, which I can't win alone.

I get called a camper at times as a medic when I fall back when confronted by a whole squad and then wait for them to pass me by only for me to ambush them from behind. So, camping is also a matter of perspective.

Naturally, hill-humping bush-wookies are a clear-cut case, but it's a combination of Dice's game design and certain players' mentality.
  • MacTurdy
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am a main scout and love using bolt-action rifles, however if I did not play with a coordinated team I also would not push towards objectives. As a scout you simply cannot push objectives single-handedly, you need the support from a few other guys ideally playing other classes. 

On my own I would be very vulnerable and probably dead before I could even recycle the bolt of my rifle in order to rechamber the next round. A lot of people love bolt-action rifles so they play them. However, since holt-Action rifles in this game they are just not very effective at playing the objective people rather go for distances in which their rifles are more superior (ranges at 100m or more). There is no incentive using those heavier rifles in those closer ranges. In previous Battlefield games you could at least deal a lot of damage or even one-hit people in close ranges, however in Battlfield 5 the most damaging rifle up close is 85 damage (I do not count the Boys AT to the bolt-action rifles). But the problem is that as soon as you land that one hit on an enemy you are likely to be seen and then you will be molten instantly.

Another main problem in this game is the character movement which simply favours fast-firing guns rather than slow firing ones. It is riddicolus that people can stage an ADAD-spam and easily elude all your bullets whereas they can easily spray you down with their fast-firing guns. The higher the sheer amount of bullets you can crank out over a quick time and the bigger your magazine capacity the better in this game. 

Even attrition is a thing that disadvantages scouts with bolt-action rifles the most. Most players nowadays run around with a health pouch in their inventory, so as soon as you hit them once they can instantly regenerate some health by using it. So better expect to often need 3 bullets to kill your opponent. Again if you used something like an LMG or similar attrition is no problem. You just pump your laser-precise bullets into that enemy and due to the never ending hail of bullets there is simply no way for him to heal up. 

Of course I could use a pistol carbine if I wanted to, however if I wanted a spammy weapon I would not play the scout class. I play the scout in order to use bolt-action rifles, simply because I like bolt-action rifles. But it is clear to me that this game rather favours other gun categories. So if you want to make more scouts playing the objectives DICE needs to rework rework gun balance and some other game mechanics or just accept the way it is right now and get taken out from longer ranges.
  • ElliotLH
    7825 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Oh I've seen medics camping too. Usually they're using the M28 and sitting in a bush.
  • CracKxEm
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    How about not giving the class weapons assignments  that require long range camping for starters?

True. This might for alot.

I have all BA, and SLR under Recon Gold.(besides the boys, and P08 those two guns/weapons are 6ey...)
    Let me tell you, ive..cough*... excuse me...
    I've literally felt like a p.o.s. whilst trying to finish the last challenge on ALL the rifles(10kills in one life...4kills easy, or at least do-able) I would let the opposing team capture an objective, or worse let 'em win the match, even if it were well within my power too prevent either from happening. If I thought I had a slightly better chance of getting that 8th,9th,10th dome piece...

Playing reason is easy, playing the objective as a recon is easy. Lee Enfield(3x) (L,L,L,L) is the best recon weapon and I'm so glad I can finally run free cappin mofos.

Sadly though some people out there think the game should be exactly like "real-life" and believe recon consists of sniping out a window 400m out... or ghillied-up laying in a bush only spending half a clip of ammo....
    And they do I've seen blue-berrys playing bfv like its Deer Hunter.

I mean really, why is the staghound still in the game just remove it? For-real.
    its trash, DICE you ruined a decent piece of equipment(38t aswell), just because most people cant shoot a panzerfast-rocket-thingy more than 75m away.(or they just dont know how to change classes, when needed).

Infact I think DICE literally broke the 38t, mine doesn't do damage with direct hits zero eff-ing damage. Xbox.
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Buff bolt action rifles. That's it.
    Yup this. 

Could push so aggressively in BF1 because bolt actions actually felt good enough to deal with people in close to mid range without a sight if you have the aim. Here its more that if you're being sprayed you're just dead because the "learnable spread" just ends up headshotting for the user of spray weapons anyway. Meaning its just not worth it to use bolt action rifles while pushing. Theres no point to it. No benefit. 

The worst experience I've had as a recon and against recons is the new map on breakthrough. The amount of snipers......so many.....too many....