Weekly Debrief

Does dice know these plane issues?

Hawxxeye
6011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
>"tactical reload" of the bombs issue:
If you do not use all your bombs of a slot before you visit the plane resupply, you will not get all the bombs to be ready for the next use, so for example if you had 1 of the 16 ju88 bombs left then the next time the reload timer is completed you will be able to use only 1 bomb and the timer will stat again to prepare the remaining 15 bombs
>The "Q" marker is misaligned for planes
On planes such as the stuka and maybe all of them the Q marker appears way above where the middle of the screen is at which makes marking targets a lot harder.
>The spotting camera not not revealing soldier icons a lot of the time.
At the first use after spawning the camera worse fine usually. On subsequent users, the camera will not reveal the infantry 3d spots in spite of spotting them for the team as indicated by the points given even if the pilot is shown no 3d spots of soldiers. The only 3d spots that always show are those of vehicles and maned stationary weapons.
All of these issues should had been fixed months ago
The Q marker issue is at least for 2 months
The bomb reload issue is as old as DICE's bright idea to add that reload timer on the plane gadgets.
The Spotting camera issue has been since the LAUNCH of the game!!!!!!!
Somehow not only DICE but the people here seem to be ignorant of these issues as I seem to be the only one bringing them up.

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    3448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly don't know how people enjoy to fly in this game. Most of the planes are useless if you have one Spitfire on your tail. It still is who sees who first gameplay.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can I add to the list?

- 1st person bomb sights are still crap and don't show you the correct position of the drop.

- Many planes that can actually drop bombs, don't even have 1st person sights still. Spitfire got no 1st or 3rd person sights for dropping bombs.

- There is no auto release for the entire payload at once. In BF1 you could release your entire load in 2 key strokes in under a second. In BF5 I have to hold until I release all of my bombs, then switch to secondary payload and hold again until I drop everything. That can take up to 5 seconds.

- Planes in general are extremely unbalanced.
  • GeorgyRommel
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting flares in the fighter planes are hit and miss for me.  A lot of the time I have to fly at ground level to reveal the targets in the area I popped flares over. This is especially bad on Mercury. This leaves me no time to attack the ground targets as I have to make a second pass and by that time they are no longer highlighted or they've moved into cover.

I'm also tired of damaging enemies for 100 points + with the Minengeschoss.

• Desyatnik_Pansy
    1465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    I honestly don't know how people enjoy to fly in this game. Most of the planes are useless if you have one Spitfire on your tail. It still is who sees who first gameplay.
    Honestly, I'm trying to level them all up to max level (got the Spitfire Mk VB, Mosquito Mk IVB or whatever it is and the Ju-88C) and for most of them I've taken to the horribly detrimental tactic to my team of just rushing to the nearest objective that I assume people are on and dropping my payload. Normally upon spawning I've grown accustomed to immediately having someone trying to kill me, so I just crash the plane and repeat once it respawns. I don't take pride in the tactic, but I mean, it slowly but surely works. I can't for the life of me enjoy flying planes in this game at all, so the quicker I'm done the better.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    799 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can I add to the list?

- 1st person bomb sights are still crap and don't show you the correct position of the drop.

- Many planes that can actually drop bombs, don't even have 1st person sights still. Spitfire got no 1st or 3rd person sights for dropping bombs.

- There is no auto release for the entire payload at once. In BF1 you could release your entire load in 2 key strokes in under a second. In BF5 I have to hold until I release all of my bombs, then switch to secondary payload and hold again until I drop everything. That can take up to 5 seconds.

Wait, you now have to HOLD to drop payload? It wasn’t that way at release, and lately i just figured its bugged because I couldn’t figure out how to drop all my friggin bombs
  • Hawxxeye
    6011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can I add to the list?

Wait, you now have to HOLD to drop payload? It wasn’t that way at release, and lately i just figured its bugged because I couldn’t figure out how to drop all my friggin bombs
    All this time I thought I had to spam click, no longer I have had trouble dropping them all at once
  • xKusagamix
    996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    Just bring back the casual BF1's plane gameplay. Problem solved.

And BTW, meanwhile the planes in BFV is "accurate", the asymmetrical plane loadout is totally dumb.
  • Hawxxeye
    Just bring back the casual BF1's plane gameplay. Problem solved.

And BTW, meanwhile the planes in BFV is "accurate", the asymmetrical plane loadout is totally dumb.
    Ya, the 8xLMGs are still OP and the same plane gets also the air radar and smoke and a couple of bombs.
  • SirBobdk
    4125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    • Propeller bug
    • No sound bug
    • Fantom plane sound bug
    • Reload bug when not using all bombs
    • Ridiculous upgrade trees which creates imbalance
    • Shaken 1st view sight on some MG that make it impossible to see
    Amazing they can't get it right after so many BF games.

• DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dang, with all those problems and I still get killed by planes all the time. It's the worst on fajel. The planes bomb the ammo stations constantly. I've tried to use the stationary AAs but they bomb me and I'm dead before I can get them in my sights. There must be some serious professional pilots that play this game.
  • Hawxxeye
    DJTN1 said:
    Dang, with all those problems and I still get killed by planes all the time. It's the worst on fajel. The planes bomb the ammo stations constantly. I've tried to use the stationary AAs but they bomb me and I'm dead before I can get them in my sights. There must be some serious professional pilots that play this game.
    Actually almost all the pilots in BFV now are mediocre to bad cause the pros find the BFV flying too boring