Allow respawn on a squadmate taken damage

DonPel4yo
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited June 2
Hi,
As you know if a squadmate is taking damage you can´t respawn on him for a few seconds. It is so weird and limits the options to attack/defend the flag, also in the upcoming update 5 vs 5 will be the difference between win or lose. I know that some people get frustrating if they respawn and get killed mostly inmediatly, so this option should be enabled manually in the menu

DEMO
https://imgur.com/a/p0V5Q5T

Comments

• DonPel4yo
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd also find it frustrating to start shooting someone then suddenly I have a whole squad appearing from nowhere. Blocking spawning on suppressed players is one of the better changes they've made over the years.
    Yeah that´s because BF is a squad focused game, it is very frustrating to see a mate being shooted and cannot do anything. Maybe I am thinking on competitive gameplay and you 4fun
  • Trokey66
    8075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DonPel4yo wrote: »
    Noodlesocks said:
    I'd also find it frustrating to start shooting someone then suddenly I have a whole squad appearing from nowhere. Blocking spawning on suppressed players is one of the better changes they've made over the years.

Yeah that´s because BF is a squad focused game, it is very frustrating to see a mate being shooted and cannot do anything. Maybe I am thinking on competitive gameplay and you 4fun

So spawning on a squad mate to be insta killed is 'competitive' now?
  • DonPel4yo
    Trokey66 said:
    DonPel4yo wrote: »
    Noodlesocks said:

So spawning on a squad mate to be insta killed is 'competitive' now?

spawning when you want is competitive, if you get killed sorry but restrict it is useless and limits the game. It was Ok on bf2 bf2142, bf3 and bf4 and nobody cares about it
  • sabootheshaman
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really don’t think this is a good idea.

It’s potentially anti competitive and could easily get exploited. Having 1 man turn into 4 mid combat would cause all sorts of problems.

It’s already pretty easy to cheese tanks for instance with “when u die respawn as assaults and help me take these tanks out”. I do that a lot and if I was able to do it while under fire it would make tanks life hell.

My understanding is you can still spawn if they’re injured anyway, it’s purely if the game determines you’re in combat.
  • MarxistDictator
    4815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Clown car spawn bombing is not competitive at all actually.
  • Noodlesocks
    2502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DonPel4yo said:
    I don't think you're thinking of competitive gameplay.
  • fragnstein
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because it sucks to spawn into an instadeath and have to wait 10 sec for another respawn. I don't know how many times I see people in game complaining about spawning on a squad member only to die immediately
  • rammy7033
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It sucks for both players. Imagine an mg42 just ripping apart your squad because they thought they could get in on the action and save you. Or imagine an unsuspecting player having 3 more people all armed with automatics spawn and kill him and either revive or heal the player you were originally shooting at. It's not a good idea
  • full951
    2367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It sucks but it's so when you shoot someone, another player won't pop out if their **** and catch you in a reload. It would seem the system could use a tweek, there are many times the sqaud mate I want to spawn on isn't taking damage or giving damage and I can't spawn on them
  • ProAssassin2003
    3047 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Sadly this still happens.
  • SirSpectacle
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It would be nice if you could get a notification that someone wants to spawn on you so that you could pull back into cover for a few seconds. 
  • DonPel4yo

Sadly this still happens.

If a squad appears in front of you you have the option to get 2,3 or 4 kills!
  • xema25
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The point is that as soon as you received damage you have to wait "too much" in order to have your squad mates appearing and sometimes (correct me if I'm wrong) you are behind a cover getting "Supression Fire" from the enemy and your squad mates cannot respawn on you wich is weird imho as you are COVERED!.
  • ElliotLH
    7322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DonPel4yo said:
    spawning when you want is competitive, if you get killed sorry but restrict it is useless and limits the game. It was Ok on bf2 bf2142, bf3 and bf4 and nobody cares about it
    IIRC it was added in BF4,  Plus it is unfair to spawn on a player and then kill their killer.

It is also extremely frustrating killing a player only to have another 2 players spawn in at the exact moment you kill the original guy.
    Yep BF4 doesn't allow spawning on a squadmate who is under fire. 

I already won't spawn on my squadmates if they're not my friends (mostly as it seems to often be an insta-death) so have no problem with not being able to spawn on those who are under fire.