Weekly BF

Severe Stutter not Internet related.

Comments

• TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Did they fix the fps dropping to zero?, Or is that what this stutter is referring to? 🤔

I haven't played in quite a while thankfully.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Project12A wrote: »
    It's not internet related indeed. I do not have the issue when playing team deathmatch for example then all runs fine. So if it would have been internet related I should have the issue with playing team deathmatch too? Or are there players here who also have stuttering issue on the smaller maps?

It seems to be a server issue: the more action in a smaller area, the more stuttering and showing of server performance issue icons.
    I have said it's server side for a while but I have nothing to back it up with. 
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    Did they fix the fps dropping to zero?, Or is that what this stutter is referring to? 🤔

I haven't played in quite a while thankfully.
    FPS, stuttering, amber warning lights, hit-reg & lag are still not fixed - game is very hard to play and enjoy. I have been playing SC as it's better than Conquest but still horribly choppy.

@PartWelsh said he was in Stockholm last week and would have an update on this by Tuesday at the latest.

• DrunkOnRedWine
    edited June 3
    Changing Resolution Scale to 130% has reportedly helped smooth out the stuttering for some. Not perfect but better on PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G1_FHN5XN0&feature=youtu.be

This effectively pushes some of the processing to the GPU and takes some of the overheads off the CPU.
  • R0bin0ftheH00d
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Update from PartWelsh

We are still investigating the issues causing Stuttering for some players during rounds. This has not been addressed in this update (4/6/19). Our Engineers are working on this as a high priority and myself and @JaqubAjmal will keep you updated with news on this one the instant we can.

https://twitter.com/PartWelsh/status/1135521235692113922

• DrunkOnRedWine
    edited June 3
    Update from PartWelsh

We are still investigating the issues causing Stuttering for some players during rounds. This has not been addressed in this update (4/6/19). Our Engineers are working on this as a high priority and myself and @JaqubAjmal will keep you updated with news on this one the instant we can.

https://twitter.com/PartWelsh/status/1135521235692113922

Thanks for the update, that is really disappointing though (polite way of putting it)

Another week or two of unplayable action ahead - I think I'll go do something more interesting instead
  • GeorgyRommel
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A forum member said dropping assignments helped with his stuttering. (PS4) But lag compensation and OOR's etc were still the same old rubbish.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    A forum member said dropping assignments helped with his stuttering. (PS4) But lag compensation and OOR's etc were still the same old rubbish.
    I disabled all of mine, made no difference
  • KrullBorg
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    same here, pc, a lot of performance problems
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i also stutter a-lot after last patch, FPS dips aswell...
  • CloneTrooperCT
    255 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nope, it's a known issue with the latest patch - it's across all platforms.

Ok I have it too on PC. In firestorm mode I stuck for 2 sec and than back to normal. But its frustrating when shooting
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Regardless of his opinions, I see levelcap has mentioned it on his latest video.

• DigitalCyberFear
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, fix the BOYS APCR round spec but not fix the Krag-Jorgensen reload animation even though on the SAME DAY it broke when the last patch was released...wow. That’s been broke for a few weeks now. Come on DICE.

Stuttering gameplay has been a “forever” issue. It’s nothing new from last patch. Now it’s a “priority” 😂

You (DICE) wonders why players keep sending more negative feedback rather than positive, because we keep getting BROKEN PATCHES!!!

Conduct live service tests everyday to see if any of your Q&A Team can find something that needs attention. You obviously know we (the players) do your job for you telling you what’s broke or not via Reddit or Forums. What are you paying your Q&A team there for then? I’d love to sit my butt in a chair for 8 hrs a day with my Q&A Team playing BFV and making notes on issues that need attention and get those issues resolved ASAP so the community can have a feeling of “hey, DICE is actually doing their job correcting issues as they come!”. Doesn’t that’s seem better for the consumers or wait for us to notice you’re game is BROKE then tell you what’s wrong?

Learn to “hot fix” your game rather than wait until your issues get piled too high so you can’t “fit” fixes in another patch. Really? Big boy pants corporation can handle a few more fixes for a patch or hot fix them as they are resolved? Please.....lol. This is why Blizzard is the King of content fixes. Take note DICE.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Finally a You Tuber provides proof and Rants about the issue.
  • KrullBorg
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Changing Resolution Scale to 130% has reportedly helped smooth out the stuttering for some. Not perfect but better on PC

This effectively pushes some of the processing to the GPU and takes some of the overheads off the CPU.

it seems more stable
  • OskooI_007
    903 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    I had to switch from 1440p to 1080p on my GTX 1060 6gb. I was getting fps drops to 60fps on the new map using 1440p low settings. GPU pegged at 100% usage.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    edited June 4
    JPhysics said:
    Regardless of his opinions, I see levelcap has mentioned it on his latest video.

If a Youtuber spots it and moans about it perhaps DICE will finally pull their finger out.

Number 1 issue with the game for me, makes it hard to load it up - there is only so much stuttering Squad Conquest I can take, other game modes aren't even worth considering.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    KrullBorg said:

it seems more stable
    It seemed to help a little, not quite so many pauses. Still getting the warning alerts though. 
  • KrullBorg
    also deleting the battlefield v directory under documents, help a little without change the scale resultion (thanks to westie)
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13421 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    KrullBorg said:
    also deleting the battlefield v directory under documents, help a little without change the scale resultion (thanks to westie)
    Yup that usually clears out the cache and rebuilds the twinkle folder and game settings