Mercury---The first real big win for Battlefield V

xHonest_Abe
88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
When Battlefield V was getting boring for me, EA woke me up recently. The Mercury map and game play is very fun and addictive. I have heard numerous times lately on chat, "This map is fun to play". I like the repetition of playing the same map various ways. The mixture of ravines, small mountains, and small town makes it challenging. The only map I can think of that use to create a lot of excitement for me was the Locker or Subway on BF4. So, please keep Mercury on as a permanent fixture on Battlefield V. I can't find Rush any more, that was a good one, too.

Comments

• xHonest_Abe
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have run over many using the armored car. It is so predictable where they are hiding. One time my squad leader called an artillery strike on the side of the mountain near the village and took out 4 snipers......Nice :D
  • gailjon
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jumpy-B-L said:
    I too enjoy getting sniped by a dozen+ recons proned in bushes.
    It's really fun getting boinked by the AT Boys over and over while actually trying to capture the objective. Half the teams are snipers - what a fun map.
  • Z-Crashpilot1001
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The map is quiet OK but since there is no sniperlimit it becomes annoying getting instakilled by that new tankrifle.
    Own Servers like in BF4 = Sniperlimit + Banning Cheaters on the spot. EA can still run their own servers for "the best experience", the rest will be happy with own servers.
  • TFBisquit
    1225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't find the map quiet, but you're quite right about the rest lol.
    Needs some extra cover in the open places.
  • SirBobdk
    3872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They made the same mistake as in Hamada by placing the town in one end of the map. No boats and no flag on the island.
    It is a terrible map unless you like sniper camping.

• RayVonUK
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with OP its a decent map, still nowhere near enough good maps to get a good session going though, gets boring real quick
  • Jezzzeh
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree also. It's a good map with lots of flank opportunities and gameplay for all classes. It's not perfect, things like the C point could do with a bit of a look, and the old bug of getting caught on minor scenery shows its face here and there.

It's still from a design point of view a great step forward in this game. Makes me optimistic for future.
  • stabbinhobo
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Winning.. you mean like Charlie Sheen winning?