Think we’ll see new content at EA play, 8th June?

Comments

• mcRen98
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We'll definitely see new content, it's just what type of content can we expect. We know there's a 5vs5 mode which unfortunately isn't something this low playerbase can put up with. As for base content well we might hear news of what is to come for Chapter 4 and 5.
  • Noodlesocks
    2650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Supposedly new maps.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mcRen98 said:
    We'll definitely see new content, it's just what type of content can we expect. We know there's a 5vs5 mode which unfortunately isn't something this low playerbase can put up with. As for base content well we might hear news of what is to come for Chapter 4 and 5.
    Ah yes, the much anticipated by a minority within a minority, new super ultra sweaty try hard mode.

I thought incursions was a massive failure?

I hope they haven’t been wasting their time on that.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    superteds said:
    i'm pretty sure we'll see some sort of 'big' announcement...they've got a 30min slot which is longer than usual

That quite a long time.

I’d hope it’s not a lot of waffle. I’m still hoping for some kind of comeback. 

• NuttysKunKs
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pearl Harbor!
  • VOLBANKER
    877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe if we're lucky we'll get a glimpse of a new Elite skin :smiley:
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Supposedly new maps.
    That last "s" is being very generous.
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    Game needs a health pass. What's the use of content if paired with a broken core experience?

Pause content release. Fix game.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jumpy-B-L said:
    Game needs a health pass. What's the use of content if paired with a broken core experience?

Pause content release. Fix game.

This. Game is in a bad place right now and feels like it just launched. Nothing has improved Technically or Audio wise. Game needs fixed then release more content.
  • DaMutha1
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately, a health pass usually comes a couple years in, after there's a loyal base and plenty of content.  If they "go dark" less than a year in, kiss it goodbye.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    We will see almost nothing being bigged up like the second coming of jebus.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    *shrug
  • BURGERKRIEG
    superteds said:
    i'm pretty sure we'll see some sort of 'big' announcement...they've got a 30min slot which is longer than usual
    That sounds like a really long time. Surely it’s more than the 5 vs 5 mode?

Maybe there’s some kind of plan to save the game?

...or maybe Superman will turn up and announce he’s now managing the dev team.

Just hoping for a comeback.

• JediMastaWyn
    458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When is the next map confirmed for, late July? Probably see a teaser of that and extended road map stills. Push the 5v5 mode and another 'new' gamemode  :|  I'm expecting a lot of fluff. 
  • Hawxxeye
    5184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    If I was a gambler I would bet that the content they would announce would be mostly new BFC only outfits and elites.
    I would not put it beyond them in their desperation to add real life historical figures as new characters.
    Imagine if they added Winston C and Adolf H. for each faction as playable characters :D
    You play as A.H. and you are downed and the character starts to scream Nein Nein Nein Nein! while calling for revival.

• Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From what they’ve communicated so far, they will have an update on chapters 4 and 5, on the roadmap, they’ll show the next map, Marita, talk about Private Matches (RSP, right?), and possibly a trailer for Chapter 4.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/bwgfd2/this_week_in_battlefield_v_june_3rd_ea_play/
  • Cerben1
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lets hope we get an City map that is not recon sniper friendly whit action like strike at karkand BF2 style 
  • Ameriken05
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If they were smart they'd attempt to "rebrand" this game along with the arrival of the US faction this fall.  A new "reveal" trailer that actually builds hype for a new theater and more classic WW2 battles could effectively bring a whole new round of players in.  Then the rest of us can all give each other high fives for enduring the 1-year early access ;) 

I'm hoping this is one advantage of a "live service", the game has a chance to be reborn depending on how much EA/DICE want to still invest in it.  I think it's clear it's not WW2 that's keeping players away but rather the overall content and presentation of the game.  A new theater is a big opportunity to rebrand, and they'd be smart to capitalize on this instead of just letting the game die off and hoping we all give them another chance with the next BF title.

They could also really step up the game with customization.  They probably need a few more dedicated teams just churning out some cool, authentic WW2 looks instead of the current re-arranging of pouches and gas masks every couple of weeks.  People are begging for this kind of cosmetic content and it's supposed to be what's supporting the future content of this game - so they should try to meet demand!  And more opportunities for cosmetic purchases if they give us pilot and tanker classes ;)

I'm still rooting for this game - hopefully they fire us up a bit this weekend.  

CPT CALIGULA