Weekly BF

Mercury... you'd never know there are other maps

stabbinhobo
581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Only map I have excluded from my search is Fjell. Since Mercury's release.. this is what most of my searches look like for CQ and Breakthrough. WTF? 

Seriously? 

Comments

• Tip_the_Cap
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because all the other maps are complete trash compared to, Mercury. It is by far and away the best map in the game.
  • Player_rs688is9
    51 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is why they must release maps more frequently, hello DICE
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SHlTST0RM1 wrote: »
    Tip_the_Cap said:
    Because all the other maps are complete trash compared to, Mercury. It is by far and away the best map in the game.

You must be kidding. It's too small for 64 players (like most Breakthrough maps) and you can get sniped by 5 guys all at once. From places you can't even predict...
    It is the most unbalanced map ever!

You must be kidding. It's a great map with good gameplay for all classes and plenty of flanking. Plus it plays well in both CQ and BT. It's a good step forward.

Clearly the map splits opinion :)
  • CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    You must be kidding. It's too small for 64 players (like most Breakthrough maps) and you can get sniped by 5 guys all at once. From places you can't even predict...

It is the most unbalanced map ever!
    Yeah... it totally is. The right side is overwhelmingly better, and will win every single time if the teams are anywhere near balanced.

I think they could solve the map balance problems by adding a bunch of rocks on both sides of C  and some extra sandbag walls at the highest points. But it would still be small and blah. It's pretty clear this map was designed for breakthrough first. And while I don't think the breakthrough is bad, I do think it's weak. Too much empty space between objectives. They could add at least one, and really probably two full stages if they wanted. Oh they might not be 'optimal' but it'd add more tension, and more time for defender attrition and complex play in general to the map.

What's more breakthrough has the same problem many other breakthrough maps have. 100% of players who spawn preround spawn at a single point, even though you have two attacking spawn points once the game begins.

This causes 90% of the team to spawn at that single point preround, then try to make a narrow rush at a single point... which generally fails, causing a team to stagnate on the first flag, and basically ruin the game experience.

I really don't understand why some breakthrough/operations breakthrough maps have the proper dispersion between spawns, and so many don't. The A then B then A.... logic of spawning the attacking and defending teams is just NOT HARD to implement. Sorry, it just isn't. I can understand a lot of bugs in a game this complex, but I don't think this is a bug, I think it's a chronic oversight of the user experience. And one that has really bad knock on consequences. This affects defending teams too. It's the number one reason why defending on Aerodrome is horrible.

• ElliotLH
    8564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had a chuckle at that last night. 15 Breakthrough servers in the browser using my filters. 14 were playing Mercury and 1 was Grand Operations rather than Breakthrough.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    Like Lemmings blindly following other Lemmings off a cliff.

There are other maps but we have been starved of anything new for so long you can hardly blame so many playing Mercury even though it is diabolical.

I put it at the top of my list for worst maps for Conquest.

1. Mercury
    2. Fjell
    3. Hamada

Quite a feat to top Fjell and Hamada, was this a rejected map that didn't make the cut originally?

This map seems to be divisive, I can't believe how many players are so wrong :smiley:
  • GrizzGolf
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. This map is one of the best 
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

There are other maps but we have been starved of anything new for so long you can hardly blame so many playing Mercury even though it is diabolical.

1. Mercury
    2. Fjell
    3. Hamada

Quite a feat to top Fjell and Hamada, was this a rejected map that didn't make the cut originally?

This map seems to be divisive, I can't believe how many players are so wrong :smiley:

Subjective, there is no right or wrong just preference.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mercury feels to wide open for conquest.  Even if your digging trenches and fortifying with sandbags. Half the time I never see where bullets are coming from then I run for cover and then plucked off from another direction.  Can never have enough smoke on that map.  Even going flag to flag and collecting from ammo depot.  Almost seems like a waste to even try to RAMBO revive cause you know your dead before you get the 100% needle revive playing as a medic.  At least most of the time you know a guy is waiting to snipe ya while trying to revive players.  Plus plenty of users still unlocking the Boys AT rifle and using it exclusively on that map.
  • fragnstein
    515 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mercury is unbalanced. D-E flags offer to many places for snipers to plant spawn beacons, while A-B is relatively clear.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mercury is unbalanced. D-E flags offer to many places for snipers to plant spawn beacons, while A-B is relatively clear.
    Use flares to spot the beacons.
  • GrinddalDDG
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like Mercury for Breaktrough, but hate it for conquest.

like someone already wrote, the Brits tend to always win when the teams are balanced.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Question is how the heck are all the servers on Mercury? It's not like there is real RSP or a map vote.
  • bran1986
    5760 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I find Mercury to be one of the best maps in the game. The only problem is the C flag, the British always get there first and puts the Germans on the defensive right from the start. Of course if you have a good team you can overcome this most times but is an issue due to the 5 flag layout. If there were another couple of flags that would put less importance on C and it would play a lot better in conquest.
  • ElliotLH
    8564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Question is how the heck are all the servers on Mercury? It's not like there is real RSP or a map vote.
    It's a lot of playlists containing only three maps of Mercury. I'm presuming they've taken the place of some of the regular servers due to the sheer number of them.
  • GrinddalDDG
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They should include that little cliff island off the coast as a flag.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That's a funny joke, BFV has no good map compared to any past Battlefield game maps.
  • InS_Hypno
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

1. Mercury
    2. Fjell
    3. Hamada

Subjective, there is no right or wrong just preference.
    Meh I would say Hamada is universally hated