Why has SqConq become so one-sided since the May 23rd Update?!

ChiefSniper
145 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited June 4
Am I seriously missing something here? Have they changed the TTK/TTD or something? Have they bugged the life out of it? Our community has favoured the Squad Conquest game mode for the past several months, and it has been very well balanced for the most part, but ever since the 23rd May update, 99% of the time our side is completely owned by the opposing team. I'm talking seriously dodgy levels of gameplay here.
All of a sudden, we simply cannot get kills anymore. It's as if there is a ridiculous amount of latency or there's now a stupid amount of hackers plaguing every dang round. We all play with an average ping of around 30.
I hate it when people post "I'm leaving BFV" threads, but we've really had enough of it, it's no fun anymore. We're going back to BF1 until something either gets acknowledged or fixed.
Has anyone else noticed something awry since that update?

Comments

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Even DICE has admitted something is going on with network performance which they don't understand, so no, you are not alone in noticing this.

I can't help but think of BF4 which was horribly broken at launch but was repaired and improved over the next year or so, ended up being a great game with three times as much content as when released.  A game getting bigger and better over time, what a radical concept.
  • ChiefSniper
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    Even DICE has admitted something is going on with network performance which they don't understand, so no, you are not alone in noticing this.

I can't help but think of BF4 which was horribly broken at launch but was repaired and improved over the next year or so, ended up being a great game with three times as much content as when released.  A game getting bigger and better over time, what a radical concept.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. I'm glad that DICE has admitted that there is an issue, as it really is a dramatic and sudden change in the quality of gameplay. I'm sure that this is probably posted elsewhere on the forum and I just haven't seen it. If I had known I probably wouldn't have made this thread!
    We absolutely still have faith in BFV, and we're looking forward to the Private Servers - even if they are very basic, it's better than nothing. I have many fond memories of BF4, it turned out brilliant.  We just got to our wits end tonight and wanted to find out what's going on.
    Cheers B)
  • TFBisquit
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They admitted that several people have an issue. They are looking into it. But they don't know yet what it can be, and if they can solve it. But they are looking into it.

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. I'm glad that DICE has admitted that there is an issue, as it really is a dramatic and sudden change in the quality of gameplay. I'm sure that this is probably posted elsewhere on the forum and I just haven't seen it. If I had known I probably wouldn't have made this thread!
    We absolutely still have faith in BFV, and we're looking forward to the Private Servers - even if they are very basic, it's better than nothing. I have many fond memories of BF4, it turned out brilliant.  We just got to our wits end tonight and wanted to find out what's going on.
    Cheers B)
    If they do rented servers properly that might save this game, i.e. if there is full admin control and the servers are not invisible to the matchmaker like they were in BF1.  If they do it wrong, then that's the final nail in the coffin (sorry to sound so melodramatic).  EA is entirely capable of getting it wrong, as they have proven before, but I suppose we should hope for the best.  I look forward to someone going 166-1 as infantry being banned on the spot rather than him still playing weeks after being reported by multiple players.  It will also be nice to see the Teamstack Clan split up between sides rather than pubstomping for a dozen rounds in a row.  Time will tell.
  • PtBlankDiplomacy
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    Am I seriously missing something here? Have they changed the TTK/TTD or something? Have they bugged the life out of it? Our community has favoured the Squad Conquest game mode for the past several months, and it has been very well balanced for the most part, but ever since the 23rd May update, 99% of the time our side is completely owned by the opposing team. I'm talking seriously dodgy levels of gameplay here.
    All of a sudden, we simply cannot get kills anymore. It's as if there is a ridiculous amount of latency or there's now a stupid amount of hackers plaguing every dang round. We all play with an average ping of around 30.
    I hate it when people post "I'm leaving BFV" threads, but we've really had enough of it, it's no fun anymore. We're going back to BF1 until something either gets acknowledged or fixed.
    Has anyone else noticed something awry since that update?
    It's not only squad conquest but also the normal one I recon. Noticed it before today's update too. I have to say I'm really glad I'm not imagining things.

I had moments were people's movement got really twitchy and a good percentage of shots were not registered. It was most noticeable for me while playing with a SAR/SLR or a BA rifle. It's damn frustrating when the bolt action headshots aren't registered but playing with and SLR/SAR during this "bad server latency" period feels straight like random bullet deviation has made it's unannounced return. Boys AT is also affected by this but mostly at range. Automatics to lesser extent but still noticeable.

Lately I get to see uneven matches very often. Mostly it happens when I'm using matchmaking. But even if I'm joining a good balanced game via server browser, in a couple of rounds it becomes quite uneven or straight up one team dominating another. I've noticed that K/D in stomped teams is mostly sub 1.0 even in top 5 sometimes. There is another observation but I'm not sure it's related to the issue mentioned above. I saw many totally clueless players during the last week. So many I was thinking all sane players stopped playing and left and now only **** play the game. They just don't give a single flying heck about their surroundings. I mean they literally don't react on nearby shootings or squad pings or anything else, have a K/D like 4/17 or worse, are building fortifications on the wrong side of the point basically helping the enemy team to hold it after recapture, rushing into cluttered objectives on a heavy tank and place it so that the rear is pointing towards the direction of enemy's caps. I mean I see a lot of lvls 1-20 lately and it's OK for a new player to be not so good but when I saw lvl 50s doing the same *stuff* I was starting to get really worried.

What's going on guys? Have you noticed something similar?

• ChiefSniper

I can certainly echo this. I've also seen, on many occasions recently, friendly players camping at or just outside one flag, or just going for kills and not flags. That's all well and fine on a 64 player CQ server, but not a 16 player Squad Conquest server where one player can make quite a difference on capping flags.
    Where the one-sided 'ownage' is concerned, just at the weekend there, I server jumped FOUR TIMES before giving up in frustration. I played a total of 8 rounds, 2 on each server, every single round of which was a hefty defeat and kills were insanely hard to get.
    It's an unfortunate problem, and the timing is unfortunate, as we had become very happy with the game and the SCQ game mode, and were finally really enjoying it. Either way, I think it definitely looks like client-side location has a lot to do with it, as it's consistently bad regardless of the server we join.
    Cheers for all the input guys.
  • MrCamp121
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I can certainly echo this. I've also seen, on many occasions recently, friendly players camping at or just outside one flag, or just going for kills and not flags. That's all well and fine on a 64 player CQ server, but not a 16 player Squad Conquest server where one player can make quite a difference on capping flags.
    Where the one-sided 'ownage' is concerned, just at the weekend there, I server jumped FOUR TIMES before giving up in frustration. I played a total of 8 rounds, 2 on each server, every single round of which was a hefty defeat and kills were insanely hard to get.
    It's an unfortunate problem, and the timing is unfortunate, as we had become very happy with the game and the SCQ game mode, and were finally really enjoying it. Either way, I think it definitely looks like client-side location has a lot to do with it, as it's consistently bad regardless of the server we join.
    Cheers for all the input guys.

Wont be long before some of the "know it alls" on here shows up claiming youre exaggerrating and wrong.

But i agree..tbh ive rarely ever had balanced SC matches. Usually steamrolls.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Balanced games are few and far between, Rotterdam and Fjell seem the worst offenders when it comes to base-r stomps. To be frank I'm nearly always on the team that stomps, once this happens I invariably leave the game. I mean no one is getting out of the base spawn once my MMG is warmed up. 

The team balancing is often off too, 8 vs 5 - 6 frequently
  • bigiain
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I liked Squad Conquest as well, but it does seem to struggle now. It was a good mode for the SMG, but it can be terrible if you're constantly getting instakilled while it takes half a mag to drop an enemy. The balance can be horrible as well and players just quit when it goes against them, which of course makes it worse. There probably aren't enough people playing it now to quickly replace quitters either.