[Megathread] Performance issues/Stutter - PS4

Comments

• maskedocelot
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've now had stuttering on kill with tanks, stationary weps, mp40 and the revolver. But no other weps I've used.

Crete map gives small amounts of lag if there's a lot going on in one place.
  • KingRofty
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The stuttering is so bad on my PS4 Pro, even my sound stutters when using a PS Gold headset. Had to restart my PS4 Pro after trying to play BF V, as my sound kept stuttering after closing BF V. So guess I'll be playing BF1 this month and miss out on all the new weapon unlocks and assignments. Dice should halt everything until the stuttering is fixed.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is the Triple AAA experience. It stutters to be more cinematic.
  • Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    yes...sure   B)
  • KingRofty
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

:smiley: 

• ElliotLH
    8126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like a The King's Speech easter egg? Cunning.
  • Bi0Rob0t
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dug my original 2014 PS4 out today and installed BFV. It also has the same frame rate stutter as my Pro, so unless both are faulty it's down to something else. I hope DICE can find the source of the problem and release a hot fix soon!
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played last night for first time in about a week UK based, PS4. First 5 mins felt ok but after that on the new map it was horrendous, like playing Counter Strike circa 2000 on ISDN.

Damn shame as it's shaping up to be a decent game otherwise but I won't be playing until fixed or if not, I'll move on within the next week or so.
  • Baabbas
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Since my last Rage quit because of performance I have not touched it again.....

the game in the new map was giving me head aches because of the POOR framerate, literally seem more a slide show than anything else.
    I would aim on to a target when the game decided to finish the frame my crossair was no way near of my desired target:
    that is what makes me stress, muscle memory is no longer a factor here, and since I dont play with magnet aim.....take a guess.

until the last patch the game was running just fine.

Hope they find a solution very quickly.

• IDazzlerazzle
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Baabbas said:

Hope they find a solution very quickly.

Look at the date of this post, I admire your optimism. Game has performance issues for over a month now, and we are clocking in second week of server game-breaking hitching 
  • rocco1455
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 11
    Especially when there are many people at one place or when explosions etc happen the stutter is unbearable for me. Some of shots do not register and I on the other side get one killed from e.g a 1911 bodyshot on full health.
    So in my view this is a netcode problem combined with a general performance problem and the assignment tracking seems to also contribute to the problem.
    This must be priority 1 to the devs, hope they sort it out

Post edited by rocco1455 on
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty said:
    The stuttering is so bad on my PS4 Pro, even my sound stutters when using a PS Gold headset. Had to restart my PS4 Pro after trying to play BF V, as my sound kept stuttering after closing BF V. So guess I'll be playing BF1 this month and miss out on all the new weapon unlocks and assignments. Dice should halt everything until the stuttering is fixed.
    since we have a same setup I have a question. can you please check for me the Firestorm intro video where to find best weapons (by Westie). It stutters all the time for me and is unwatchable. 
  • Prep768
    3429 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Saturday night, usual pause after kills, bigger pauses in a tank, delayed firing 

However - what really did it for me was hitting an enemy scout bang on, in the head, five times, emptying a whole clip into their face - nothing

Very similar to the following situation [ jump to 0:21] ..........................

.......... From 3 months ago!!!!! 
  • Trokey66
    8240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »
    Saturday night, usual pause after kills, bigger pauses in a tank, delayed firing 

However - what really did it for me was hitting an enemy scout bang on, in the head, five times, emptying a whole clip into their face - nothing

Very similar to the following situation [ jump to 0:21] ..........................

It got worse after you left, @fisknyllet17 was in full Swedish swear machine mode!

We didn't stay on long.

Last night was butter in comparison!
  • Prep768
    3429 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:

It got worse after you left, @fisknyllet17 was in full Swedish swear machine mode!

We didn't stay on long.

I must admit, it does sound like angelic poetry.
  • Trokey66
    8240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:

We didn't stay on long.

I must admit, it does sound like angelic poetry.

Indeed it was!
  • Bi0Rob0t
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Braddock's (community manager) response on reddit regarding performance issues!

" I don’t have an update yet because they are working on it. When I get the notes for the next update (coming at the end of this month), I’ll have more details.

I know it’s frustrating, but the game isn’t “completely unplayable”. It definitely needs some attention to the performance issues - and it is frustrating and impacting the playability- and that IS a priority with the Devs."

I really like the bit regarding it not been completely unplayable, he must be referring to the single player portion of the game on PS4!

• ALANAKKO
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Feels like I’ve been beta testing since the day it came out ! 😠🤣
  • Bi0Rob0t
    ALANAKKO said:
    Feels like I’ve been beta testing since the day it came out ! 😠🤣

Not having CTE servers like BF1 was a big mistake. Hopefully the Beta testing will be over by the time the Pacific theater arrives!   :p
  • IDazzlerazzle
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Alright ! Game broken for the rest of the month, at least some concrete dates