BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

Comments

• DoctorHookem
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2019
    I can’t even describe how much I agree with this. I’ve been playing these games about as long as anybody here and I absolutely hate this game. I’ve run into cheaters, I’ve run into people just insta-killing me even though I get like 6 hitmakers on them with no kill and they shoot two bullets my way and I’m done. The fact that it’s so easy to hide somewhere and wait for somebody to move is made worse by the fact that you literally have zero time to react.  You running and spot someone laying prone? Welp, you’re dead because by the time you pull your trigger, you’re bleeding out.

I can’t even say how much I hate this game. The annoying camping, try hards, hit detection and crazy fast time to die, etc. This game doesn’t feel like any Battlefield game or COD because at least in COD I  can shoot back. There are so many people laying in the most completely random places that it’s impossible for you to check everywhere, like you’d spend the entire game checking for campers if you did. There are just WAY more campers than there are players that actually try to get the objective.

What’s crazy is that this is done in TDM too! Bro, why are you camping in TDM? The whole purpose of the mode is to just kill as much as you can and I guess not die but everybody tries not to die anyway so that’s irrelevant. Dudes will literally camp in ANYTHING they can find with poor visibility.

I’ve just built my PC after playing the BFs from BC2 to BF1 on console while I played my brother’s PC when I was younger with the earlier games. This game has made me despise the PC Battlefield community because about 99% of the people in chat were from the enemy team trash talking the entire time as if they’re good because they can hide and shoot you from a hidden little cove somewhere in the middle of nowhere. People will be laying in grass in a random field and shoot you. WHY ARE YOU OVER HERE? 99% of the players are on the other side of the map and you’re over here laying in a damn bush.

This game is built for this behavior and it encourages people to use the most rage inducing tactics imaginable. Camping has and always will be a problem until something is done about how people do it. You know they will, so either penalize them for it, or make it far less rewarding to do. Give points based on HOW a kill was gotten and that might change it, idk. As far as it stands right now, I’ve put the game down and won’t ever pick it up again, I just have zero interest to play it anymore after the experience I’ve had. Mind you, I took the time to get used to my controls on PC and went in and customized my keybinds, dpi, etc. Played other shooters and had perfect accuracy with no issues. Get on BFV and my bullets do nothing but I die in the blink of an eye.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but my guns recoil like CRAZY but when I go watch videos or something, no recoil. What gives? Is this seriously because of the weapon upgrades? So now the upgrades change the weapon so drastically that it can eliminate recoil? REALLY? This puts new players at a MASSIVE disadvantage because they don’t have these unlocks (which take far too long to get. I’ve got to get to level 4 just to use the things I’ve already unlocked? That’s beyond stupid). In past BF games, your starting weapon was essentially the same as an upgraded one expect it didn’t look as pretty or have MINOR stat changes. The upgrades to weapons on this game turns gun into lasers where new players have guns bouncing all over the place. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve shot someone FIRST and HIT them, then I die because even though I’m killed with two bullets, they’re not and my gun decides to bounce around like Michael J. Fox when I don’t have recoil control issues with any other shooter on PC. It’s just THIS game that I have these problems with. If the next Battlefield game is anything like this, I won’t even watch videos trash talking it because I want it to die as soon as possible. This game will not last with these crazy kill times and insane recoil on guns with no upgrades. How are we supposed to get the upgrades when we get laser beamed from 50 yards away with an SMG? You’ve literally got to be in someone’s face to kill them with that starting assault gun with no upgrades because the thing is insanely wild. Meanwhile, players that have been playing longer and have the unlocks, laser beam you with no recoil because “DICE logic”.
    I virtually never opt for recoil related perks. I feel like there isn't enough recoil in this game to keep guns from feeling overly unrealistic and my favorite weapons in BF3/4 were the FAMAS and the AEK 971.  I don't get this big spiel about recoil. Any time I mention increasing recoil or weapon sway as a means to balance anything players respond that this is the worst way to balance something because it's too easy to compensate.  You're the first person I recall ever hearing about too much recoil in this game.

I would look at your sensitivity.
    I’m definitely not the first person I’ve seen talking about it. There are tons of Reddit posts on it. Maybe it’s different on console or whatever but it’s crazy on PC. Like if you watch these videos from these Youtubers, their guns do not bounce and shake like the base weapons new players get. How is that fair? These people have upgrades that increase their maximum kill distance while I’m forced to use a gun that I HAVE to be two feet away to be affective. A weapon which I have upgrades for, but can’t use because of the idiotic level 4 system (again, why 4?) Why can’t I just equip the unlocks as I unlock them? Because that would make too much sense for DICE and EA and they just have a problem with doing things that would make sense. Also, people don’t want recoil increased because it’s already hard enough with the current recoil. I’m playing a game to focus on enemies and objectives, not on controlling my weapon. Far too much emphasis is put on which gun someone is using rather than HOW they’re playing. As it stands, you can have a weapon that’s relatively average but with the upgrades, you can take on dudes that you wouldn’t be able to take on with the default because the default can’t shoot that far without the bullets traveling to different countries. We don’t need to do anything to the recoil, but the attachments should definitely not be as effective as they are at countering it. Name another BF game where the starting guns were SO much weaker than the upgraded ones. In the past, the only bad thing about starting guns was that they didn’t have a sight. Once you got your red dot, you were good. On this game, you need to have all of these unlocks and all of this crap on this stupid tree just to be competitive. I don’t know if console players see it less often or what, but these issues seem to be vastly worse on PC. If I was on console with aim assist, probably wouldn’t even notice, but I’m on PC where there is no aim assist.

Also, As I’ve said, my sensitivity has been dialed in for my mouse and the way I use it to aim. I have at least two dpi profiles that I use and no matter what I set my dpi to, the guns just don’t feel like they should feel to me. BF is in this weird place where you do crap damage, but enemies obliterate you with the gaze of Odin or something. I hadn’t played it since the beta, which I hated, so I just didn’t buy it. I decided to get Origin access just to play a few other things too. Cancelled that subscription not too long ago as I know I won’t be returning to this game and Origin doesn’t have anything that interests me that Steam doesn’t and I don’t need a subscription for Steam. Got the Bioshock bundle with all expansions for $15. I am LOVING it. I’ve played these games multiple times and they still give me a lot more joy and satisfaction. I can’t play more than maybe one or two games of this game because it just infuriates me because of the cheap ways I always die. I RARELY die in a straight up gun fight. RARELY. This is because people are so rarely ever not camping that I never really run into people up close. The ONLY time I’ve EVER run into people up close was inside of the hanger on that terrible map with the airplanes. All of the maps are trash.

I burst and tap fire as well, gun still kicks like a mule even with recoil compensation of me pulling down on my mouse, it makes no difference. This game is already hard enough with the learning curve and tdd but now you’ve got to deal with a dumb weapon upgrade system that caters to people that have simply played longer. What kind of crap is that? So because he’s played longer and has more unlocks, his weapon is FAR better than mine and we could be using the same gun. That’s insane for an FPS. That’s ludicrous. 
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cpt_Sir_Price said:

Can we stop with it? Please? Visibility was always fine if you don’t downscale the rendering resolution. If you have problems with visibility please consider recalibrating your monitor. If your monitor is not the problem then consider looking for enemies not step on them.

What prone meta? What are you talking about guys? If it’s about a couple lonely snipers or MMGs then I’m certain it was always a thing in Battlefield.

It's not specifically Recon or MMG boys proving out. It's every single class in the game regardless of weapon. There's a reason why it's called Pronefield. 

TTD, ease of use weapons (low recoil, spread, 3x scopes) that don't work in balance with the map design. It all encourages defensive play, which the player base has interpreted as let's all camp. They just need to make a few changes to encourage more offensive play and V will pick up again.

It's not an impossible fix, a little bit of tweaking with the maps (Panzerstorm was vastly improved, although that Mercury abomination makes me think Dice still haven't worked out why everyone's leaving V)

Limit the 3x scopes to specific weapons and balance them with appropriate disadvantages.

Raise the TTK and properly balance the weapons so it's more in line with BF1's TTK.2 (6 months in and they still have no clue as to how to fix the TTD, it's time to change) and we could have a phenomenal game here.

If the servers were getting will let us do last two, then V could still go down as a classic. Ping cap would be the cherry on the cake.

No thx. Weapons are good. They’re controllable just like in every other game without random bullet deviation and no 2 hit kill. ARs and SMG already received a small nerf in full auto firing and even this is a bit over the top for me.

Scopes I don’t know. I’m using iron sights mostly. 3x is viable but certainly not OP or badly out of place.

Raise the TTK? Hell no!!! I’ve bought a more hardcore and tactical BF experience crucial part of which is low TTK. So I will certainly not visit any high TTK servers. And sure as hell won’t tolerate an increase on official servers.

And now about the prone meta... If we speak about other classes what is it that causes so much backlash from the community? Players on objectives? They’re defending, so I don’t see a problem here. Some randomly camping dude in the middle of nowhere? Who cares? First of all we had only few maps for half a year. It’s time to know the popular spots. Secondly a real prone camper doesn’t move too much so even if he gets you once, you’ll get him next time. And last one I shall describe in this post-team who has most campers looses. So let them loose and get your deserved victory.

Agree BFV is designed around a more hardcore and tactical experience. Unfortunately, based on sales figures (far lower than BF1), player retention (TTK.2 Churn, server closures, removal of game modes.) a large portion of the Battlefield player base doesn't seem to like it and the vast majority of the PS4 player base have absolutely no clue how to play to the meta.

I'm genuinely happy that your enjoying yourself, it just doesn't seem like many others are. V is definitely in decline. Hopefully SP can save V, and regrow the player base. If not you'll have a game that you love, which will be too under populated to provide meaningful content. Although I suppose Hardline is still going so V may survive ok?
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoy V. But I also recognise that it has flaws and can see why the player base is abandoning it. 
    If the tactical lovers where flocking to V from R6 etc then fair enough. But they're just not.

Also agree that whichever team has the most prone campers loses, it's just playing against such a team is boring, being on such a team is boring. 
    The absolute nightmare is being in games where both teams refuse to advance, it drags on for twice as long.
    This is purely personal preference but I like games to be competitive. When you get two teams of players who know what they're doing and want to win this game can be phenomenal, but I encounter matches like this very rarely in V. Maybe 6 standout games (all Grand Op's weirdly enough) despite playing since launch.

Forgot to add on to my previous post, V also needs a ranking system to better matchmake teams.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I can’t even describe how much I agree with this. I’ve been playing these games about as long as anybody here and I absolutely hate this game. I’ve run into cheaters, I’ve run into people just insta-killing me even though I get like 6 hitmakers on them with no kill and they shoot two bullets my way and I’m done. The fact that it’s so easy to hide somewhere and wait for somebody to move is made worse by the fact that you literally have zero time to react.  You running and spot someone laying prone? Welp, you’re dead because by the time you pull your trigger, you’re bleeding out.

I can’t even say how much I hate this game. The annoying camping, try hards, hit detection and crazy fast time to die, etc. This game doesn’t feel like any Battlefield game or COD because at least in COD I  can shoot back. There are so many people laying in the most completely random places that it’s impossible for you to check everywhere, like you’d spend the entire game checking for campers if you did. There are just WAY more campers than there are players that actually try to get the objective.

What’s crazy is that this is done in TDM too! Bro, why are you camping in TDM? The whole purpose of the mode is to just kill as much as you can and I guess not die but everybody tries not to die anyway so that’s irrelevant. Dudes will literally camp in ANYTHING they can find with poor visibility.

I’ve just built my PC after playing the BFs from BC2 to BF1 on console while I played my brother’s PC when I was younger with the earlier games. This game has made me despise the PC Battlefield community because about 99% of the people in chat were from the enemy team trash talking the entire time as if they’re good because they can hide and shoot you from a hidden little cove somewhere in the middle of nowhere. People will be laying in grass in a random field and shoot you. WHY ARE YOU OVER HERE? 99% of the players are on the other side of the map and you’re over here laying in a damn bush.

This game is built for this behavior and it encourages people to use the most rage inducing tactics imaginable. Camping has and always will be a problem until something is done about how people do it. You know they will, so either penalize them for it, or make it far less rewarding to do. Give points based on HOW a kill was gotten and that might change it, idk. As far as it stands right now, I’ve put the game down and won’t ever pick it up again, I just have zero interest to play it anymore after the experience I’ve had. Mind you, I took the time to get used to my controls on PC and went in and customized my keybinds, dpi, etc. Played other shooters and had perfect accuracy with no issues. Get on BFV and my bullets do nothing but I die in the blink of an eye.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but my guns recoil like CRAZY but when I go watch videos or something, no recoil. What gives? Is this seriously because of the weapon upgrades? So now the upgrades change the weapon so drastically that it can eliminate recoil? REALLY? This puts new players at a MASSIVE disadvantage because they don’t have these unlocks (which take far too long to get. I’ve got to get to level 4 just to use the things I’ve already unlocked? That’s beyond stupid). In past BF games, your starting weapon was essentially the same as an upgraded one expect it didn’t look as pretty or have MINOR stat changes. The upgrades to weapons on this game turns gun into lasers where new players have guns bouncing all over the place. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve shot someone FIRST and HIT them, then I die because even though I’m killed with two bullets, they’re not and my gun decides to bounce around like Michael J. Fox when I don’t have recoil control issues with any other shooter on PC. It’s just THIS game that I have these problems with. If the next Battlefield game is anything like this, I won’t even watch videos trash talking it because I want it to die as soon as possible. This game will not last with these crazy kill times and insane recoil on guns with no upgrades. How are we supposed to get the upgrades when we get laser beamed from 50 yards away with an SMG? You’ve literally got to be in someone’s face to kill them with that starting assault gun with no upgrades because the thing is insanely wild. Meanwhile, players that have been playing longer and have the unlocks, laser beam you with no recoil because “DICE logic”.
    I virtually never opt for recoil related perks. I feel like there isn't enough recoil in this game to keep guns from feeling overly unrealistic and my favorite weapons in BF3/4 were the FAMAS and the AEK 971.  I don't get this big spiel about recoil. Any time I mention increasing recoil or weapon sway as a means to balance anything players respond that this is the worst way to balance something because it's too easy to compensate.  You're the first person I recall ever hearing about too much recoil in this game.

I would look at your sensitivity.
    I’m definitely not the first person I’ve seen talking about it. There are tons of Reddit posts on it. Maybe it’s different on console or whatever but it’s crazy on PC. Like if you watch these videos from these Youtubers, their guns do not bounce and shake like the base weapons new players get. How is that fair? These people have upgrades that increase their maximum kill distance while I’m forced to use a gun that I HAVE to be two feet away to be affective. A weapon which I have upgrades for, but can’t use because of the idiotic level 4 system (again, why 4?) Why can’t I just equip the unlocks as I unlock them? Because that would make too much sense for DICE and EA and they just have a problem with doing things that would make sense. Also, people don’t want recoil increased because it’s already hard enough with the current recoil. I’m playing a game to focus on enemies and objectives, not on controlling my weapon. Far too much emphasis is put on which gun someone is using rather than HOW they’re playing. As it stands, you can have a weapon that’s relatively average but with the upgrades, you can take on dudes that you wouldn’t be able to take on with the default because the default can’t shoot that far without the bullets traveling to different countries. We don’t need to do anything to the recoil, but the attachments should definitely not be as effective as they are at countering it. Name another BF game where the starting guns were SO much weaker than the upgraded ones. In the past, the only bad thing about starting guns was that they didn’t have a sight. Once you got your red dot, you were good. On this game, you need to have all of these unlocks and all of this crap on this stupid tree just to be competitive. I don’t know if console players see it less often or what, but these issues seem to be vastly worse on PC. If I was on console with aim assist, probably wouldn’t even notice, but I’m on PC where there is no aim assist.

Also, As I’ve said, my sensitivity has been dialed in for my mouse and the way I use it to aim. I have at least two dpi profiles that I use and no matter what I set my dpi to, the guns just don’t feel like they should feel to me. BF is in this weird place where you do crap damage, but enemies obliterate you with the gaze of Odin or something. I hadn’t played it since the beta, which I hated, so I just didn’t buy it. I decided to get Origin access just to play a few other things too. Cancelled that subscription not too long ago as I know I won’t be returning to this game and Origin doesn’t have anything that interests me that Steam doesn’t and I don’t need a subscription for Steam. Got the Bioshock bundle with all expansions for $15. I am LOVING it. I’ve played these games multiple times and they still give me a lot more joy and satisfaction. I can’t play more than maybe one or two games of this game because it just infuriates me because of the cheap ways I always die. I RARELY die in a straight up gun fight. RARELY. This is because people are so rarely ever not camping that I never really run into people up close. The ONLY time I’ve EVER run into people up close was inside of the hanger on that terrible map with the airplanes. All of the maps are trash.

I burst and tap fire as well, gun still kicks like a mule even with recoil compensation of me pulling down on my mouse, it makes no difference. This game is already hard enough with the learning curve and tdd but now you’ve got to deal with a dumb weapon upgrade system that caters to people that have simply played longer. What kind of crap is that? So because he’s played longer and has more unlocks, his weapon is FAR better than mine and we could be using the same gun. That’s insane for an FPS. That’s ludicrous. 
    To be honest I've found the guns in V a little too easy to use. I'd make them a little more challenging if I could, but each to their own.

V's had lag spikes and technical issues since launch, the TTK rarely ever matches the TTD. So yeah, poor hit reg and insta death.

Levelling up the guns in V is really quick, you are at a disadvantage at first but only for a short time. I've also found that learning how to use the base weapon helps you out more in terms of learning V's gun mechanics, which helps you out far more in adapting to V.
    I'm a little surprised you're having so much trouble. Is there any chance you're having an issue with your PC? Apparently quite a few have been struggling with V despite playing well on other games.

• s0ldadofumad0
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    OP is right.. this game sucks, map design sucks, visibility sucks and gives room to campers being stationary (because its hard/impossible to see stationary soldiers). 3x scopes sucks, soldiers movement sucks.

A tank can be 10 meters away from you and you won't hear it, its ridiculous.

Battlefield V is a run & gun game, you can say what you want about the more hardcore approach, the truth is: still a run & gun game.

Battlefield series have to CHANGE, the gameplay must be more robust, tactical, with a slower pace.

Guess what? COD realized that the old run & gun gets boring fast, so now they are changing how COD plays to a more tactical, slow paced (but not boring) gameplay. In the new COD there will be 3 or 4 ways of opening a door, for tactical measures.

In Battlefield you spawn, you run, you shoot, you die (often from behind, or from the side). Repeat.

You cap an objective, you run to another objective.. thats the meta and it wont change. Its BORING.

Skill doesnt count too much, because the pace of the game and bad visibility makes enemies show up behind your back of from your sides very very often. BFV = excessive random deaths.
  • s0ldadofumad0
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Last night I played with a group of guys whose approach is to cap an objective and hold it for the rest of the round rather than running endlessly from one flag to another.
    Man, I wish I encountered this more. 9/10 times that I play, I end up as Squad Leader because whoever is the original leader never gives orders. I am someone who likes to hold a point when we've taken it, but if I give a "defend" order, it is never, and I mean never listened to. I just see those green blips running straight to the closest enemy objective. So my choice is to stay and defend, alone (which I sometimes do, even though I'm screwed if more than a few guys show up, which of course they will), or change the order to attack and follow my squaddies.

Are people too afraid to be labelled "campers", or what? Why does nobody want to defend, ever?

Because players dont have patience to WAIT. You have to WAIT when you're defending objectives.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My newest pet hate in gaming these days, is the latest trend of being 100% accurate whilst vaulting. It is unrealistic and I feel it's completely unnecessary. Vaulting out a window or over a box should prevent you from firing until your feet are on the ground and you are in a position to fire again. It should be a choice that has a penalty involved, you should be at a disadvantage. These days its all just run run run, regardless of any obstacles that are in your way. There should be a period of vulnerability during the process, forcing you to decide do I jump over this thing and risk giving away my position before I can open fire? Do I wait for them to come to me and fire from this position, should I flank through the building or should I run? Nope it's just GO GO GO, no fear.

I can't count how many times I have been chasing someone down and then notice out the corner of my eye that an enemy is climbing over a six foot fence and they kill me before they are even half way over it, all because their on screen cursor passes by my head during the climbing process. I don't even get time to point my weapon at them.
    It's so ******* cheesy.
  • stabbinhobo
    582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game crashes too much since the last patch anyway. I just grab a BOYS and plink till it CTD's. Currently shopping another game to play.. BF5 is to much of a dumpster fire. 
  • VoodooxHaze
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Super campy. The horrid visibility and sound doesn’t help the game either. I’m tired of it and I have pumped about 1,000 hours to each battlefield game and usually by now in a battlefield game life cycle the major issues are ironed out.
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You know the default firing position for a WW2 soldier was prone right?
    Unless he had a wall/rock/window to shoot from.

Now, in every game from BF3 to BFV you get
    1. Sniper spam on any map with long distances, sniper alleys, high points only reachable by chute, glitch or climbing long ladders. Everyone. The problem is less pronounced here than in BF1-4 as sniping is harder, but it’s still endemic in certain maps. It doesn’t help that BFV snipers have only limited choices for close range play styles so will do better on some maps.

2. Prone mg gunners... again. Endemic, probably way worse on BF3 and BF4. Especially with bipod attatchments. not really a problem as prone players are easily head shot by snipers, flankable by every one else. Unless they change position often.

These are two things that almost never annoy me. If Im sniped then it’s my fault for standing still with my head exposed or the sniper is a good shot and hit me while running. If it’s a prone mg gunner, I’m usually only killed at close range. Medium to long ususlly they only injure. They get one kill on me, then if my team haven’t killed them, I know where they are and kill them... if they move, then they will probably get killed anyway.

What does annoy me is
    Dynamite spam- too strong, too much of it and it’s throwable. Shouldn’t be throwable, but placeble like AP mines.

Assault meta- 80% of my deaths I’d guess are from assaults who can out shoot medics at close range, snipers at long range and mgs at mid... take away their SLRs give them to Recon, give them assault rifles, no scopes and shotguns.

Bombers - flying castles, seen fighters chewing them to bits but never destroying them as their guns rip the fighter to bits before the fighter can do enough damadge or the fighter runs out of ammo. Need much slower and wider turning arcs, need to be punished for low level flying aswell.
    AA Guns should get triple damage on bombers lower than 500 feet. AA Guns are pathetic. One of the best bits of BF1 was jumping on a AA gun and wrecking planes, they’d only attack if they’d surprise you BFV you shoot your AAGun and the plane flies straight at you, laughs at your damadge and gets a free kill. AAGuns should be immune to bombs.
  • BlankDiplomacy
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019

It's mind boggling isn't it, that the most try hardy run N gunners complain most about what are usually the least effective players in the game, the distant hill top snipers and MMG's and the odd camper who shoots you in the back from the same spot every time.

One thing I can agree with them on though is that prone is OP,... NOT to the degree that it is " The Meta " or that it's actually over powered, just in that it has become unrealistically easy to swivel around and fire from all angles with full control. Playing on a competitive paintball team for a long time I can tell you that laying prone is a very bad position to be in for all relevant ranges in my game. You always want to be on your feet or as close to it as you can when actually fighting. The only time you want to be on your belly is when you can't be shot at. It's incredibly awkward and clumsy trying to shoot from the belly at targets that are not distant and therefor are traversing your field of view quickly

It’s fascinating how experience may differ. I played airsoft in early 2010s, quite competitively. There were to of us - me with a VSS and my sniper buddy with a SV96. We’ve moved out from our FOB with our unit and shortly after got ambushed in the woods by an enemy squad. They wasted the whole unit (like 12-20 players), me and my buddy made a run for it and managed to escape. We stayed prone without moving, peeling our eyes into the forest and listened closely for audio clues. After making sure we are safe we started to sneak around in the woods while reducing noise as much as possible. Shortly we were rewarded for our patience as we totally flanked and got behind the squad that ambushed us and the new enemy reinforcements. We’ve got prone, blended in, and wasted like 12 players as they failed to see us. The rest has made a run for it.

So i always appreciate when a multiplayer action game supports stealth ways of playing.

My friend was using a ghillie suit an I was wearing a normal camo btw.
  • BlankDiplomacy
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm glad BFV is turning out to be a failure, well almost glad. Still wish I didn't buy it, let alone pay for the Deluxe Edition. Anyway, I'm glad it's failing because it means that IF they release a new Battlefield game it hopefully won't be anything like BFV.

The whole idea behind going "tacticool" and "hardcore-lite" when the most popular games in the franchise were the most "arcadey" boggles my mind. People STILL play BF3 and BF4 daily, and EA/DICE decided to change everything up. BFV plays more like a tech demo than a real competitive shooter. It's trash.

If the rumors are correct the game has been released ahead of the schedule. That explains why BF V is playing like a tech demo.

People were also playing BF 2 on a daily basis half a year ago despite official server shutdown. I don’t think BF3/4 will see this kind of player loyalty which is crucial for a GaS.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    parkingbrake said:

BURGERKRIEG said:

parkingbrake said:

BURGERKRIEG said:
    That’s how I saw it described on the forums the week and it’s true.There is only a minority of players enjoying it. Most people don’t like the core gameplay experience. This is why servers are being shut down 8 months into the game’s life cycle. It’s not because of lack of content or that there is stuttering on PC or that some assignment is bugged. Or this issue or that gripe. 
    Unless this fact is admitted and addressed by overhauling the gameplay the player base will continue to rapidly dwindle.
    Opinions are like, ummm, noses, everybody has one.

I don't find the gameplay a problem, most of the things that bother me in BFV qualify as outside issues, like the horrible Live Service business model that has provided little new content, the weak anti-cheat, the poor network performance (DICE has now admitted the "stuttering" is happening on consoles too) and of course the lack of rented servers (which they claim are coming back).

You're free talk yourself into believing that everyone but you is prone with a machine-gun, but I don't see that, most of the opponents I engage are on their feet.  If this game had launched with rented servers and paid DLC resulting in many more new maps there would be a lot more people playing, and it wouldn't be necessary for guys like you to moan about the game being "campy" and blaming that for declining player counts.  You can like or dislike what you please--don't assume you speak for the majority.

You just don’t want to hear it.

All the BF games had bugs. Network issues etc.

This one is failing to retain a player base. That can’t be ascribed the business model entirely.

The lack of new maps is the single biggest complaint in this and other forums, it is the one thing that virtually all BFV players (at least the ones who post) agree on.  To imagine that boredom resulting from playing on the same maps for half a year isn't the biggest factor in declining player counts is delusional.  The lack of rented serves is also a huge issue, as it is tied to map and mode rotations that many players dislike, and to the level of cheating on PC (no admins means a blatant hack user can stay as long as he likes) and to a lack of custom game formats which many players enjoy.  Poor network performance is also a problem which turns off many players, they've been posting here about it since the last two patches, are we supposed to ignore what they say because you insist the real problem is the game is too "campy"?  All these issues have been massively discussed here and elsewhere, so no, you don't get to arbitrarily sweep them away and substitute your own explanation--because I say so won't get you very far when there is ample evidence you are wrong.

I’m well aware of all those issues.

They are contributing factors. Things that will be used as excuses for failure by those currently engaged with BFV that don’t want to admit there is a problem with the game beyond them.

That’s the point of the thread. 

Remember when DICE changed the TTK in reaction the the mass amounts of people rage quitting? That was a significant indication regarding the overall response to the game early on.

Like I said, you just don’t want to hear it. 

I'll definitely say I don't remember the TTK being this bad in past Battlefield games except in HC, I'm definitely not a fan of it and actually liked when they raised it for those few days.

It's partially the reason I don't play anymore along with how they've ruined ground vehicle combat, and unbalanced classes.
  • Hawxxeye
    7774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    I think some are misconstruing what is going on. This isn't about taking a cap and defending it, that is actually playing the objective and I welcome that. What is going on is people camping out of bounds in groups of three or four, nowhere near an objective in a bush or under a tree taking potshots at those who are actually trying to take objectives, hoping to get a cheap kill or two. I've never been killed by a Boys AT user who was in the top 20 on their team. They are always like 9-11, 10-9 with sub 2k points and at the very bottom of their team.
    This “style of play” is rampant.

As is concealed camping off flags waiting for targets to wander in.

BFV’s prone meta, coupled with visibility issues has intensified it beyond what we’d normally see.

And for that finishing touch, DICE actively encourages killing with not dying in some masteries for the gold skins for lots of the more campy weapons
  • oldmandown65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But it’s so purty with blue water and sunshiny beaches.
  • StingX71
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's too late for BFV, the players have moved on. We can only hope DICE learns from BFV's hardcore-lite gameplay with it's fast TTK, low recoil weapons, health and ammo attrition that drove players away.

DICE likes to start over from scratch with each new Battlefield. That approach has never been needed more than with the next one they come out with.
    Maybe part of the problem for some, but not all.  Most of my friends who didn't buy the game or no longer play liked HC servers.  In theory the fast TTK should of been a incentive for them, but it wasn't. IMHO, BF has also gotten more campy since BF4.  I attribute that to map design catering to campers and snipers which started with BF1. Since BF4, snipers have increased in numbers, which again, imho, has been bad for the franchise. Completely turned off the vast majority of the people I use to play with. 

64 player CQ servers and the disappearance of clan servers was also a major turn off. DICE underestimated the impact of the community and clans servers. You can't develop a game for everyone.  But having the ability to tweak servers like in BF4 keeps most people happy.  EA/DICE servers for the masses. Clan servers for those that like HC, Limited snipers, quick vehicle spawns etc. 

Most seem to have forgotten the horrible marketing campaign for the game. 
  • the_lone_ran9er
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019

It's mind boggling isn't it, that the most try hardy run N gunners complain most about what are usually the least effective players in the game, the distant hill top snipers and MMG's and the odd camper who shoots you in the back from the same spot every time.

One thing I can agree with them on though is that prone is OP,... NOT to the degree that it is " The Meta " or that it's actually over powered, just in that it has become unrealistically easy to swivel around and fire from all angles with full control. Playing on a competitive paintball team for a long time I can tell you that laying prone is a very bad position to be in for all relevant ranges in my game. You always want to be on your feet or as close to it as you can when actually fighting. The only time you want to be on your belly is when you can't be shot at. It's incredibly awkward and clumsy trying to shoot from the belly at targets that are not distant and therefor are traversing your field of view quickly

It’s fascinating how experience may differ. I played airsoft in early 2010s, quite competitively. There were to of us - me with a VSS and my sniper buddy with a SV96. We’ve moved out from our FOB with our unit and shortly after got ambushed in the woods by an enemy squad. They wasted the whole unit (like 12-20 players), me and my buddy made a run for it and managed to escape. We stayed prone without moving, peeling our eyes into the forest and listened closely for audio clues. After making sure we are safe we started to sneak around in the woods while reducing noise as much as possible. Shortly we were rewarded for our patience as we totally flanked and got behind the squad that ambushed us and the new enemy reinforcements. We’ve got prone, blended in, and wasted like 12 players as they failed to see us. The rest has made a run for it.

So i always appreciate when a multiplayer action game supports stealth ways of playing.

My friend was using a ghillie suit an I was wearing a normal camo btw.
    Our experiences do not differ, you are just describing something else entirely. Crawling around on your belly because you avoid being seen or shot at is entirely different from engaging fast moving targets at medium to close range and having to win gunfights that way. I've played paintball for almost 20 years. I own my own inflatable speedball field, as do two of my friends and still I've spent more time in the woods doing what you've described than I have in the competitive arena.  Not trying to have a pissing match here, but you have to separate the types of engagements.

You describe spending a lot of time in a prone position, but you're using it to divide up engagements, move unseen, and use the only real cover available. This is not what happens when two players encounter one another @ close range in Battlefield V.  If you take you and your buddy, and 14 or so more just like you, remove the thick brush and fight over a centralized objective that cannot be ignored even for a minute and I guarantee you, you will come to see things my way and you won't want to be caught on your belly.

This is the format I play now, though I'm not on these guys level by any means. These are some of the best players in the world and they are playing for money. Google up any NXL tournament @ this level and tell me how many of the players attempt to out shoot another from the Prone position.

• Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:

You won't get a new girl until BF6.
    or BC3
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is the most camping friendly Battlefield I have ever played.
    One major reason is because spotting was eliminated.