Weekly BF

Why show off new content when BF V is still in an unplayable state?

KingRofty
550 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I tried playing a game yesterday, had to quit right away. The stutter/lag on my PS4 Pro drove me up the wall!!

Comments

• thebossman2202
    399 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well I mean, they gotta release something right? Before this unplayable stare everyone was raging about new weapons, maps etc. Now we have 6 maps coming through the span of 5 months with new weapons ans skins to boot
  • colour123k
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Same on PS4 pro and the German server is a lag fest. It gets even worse when destruction happens. This is unacceptable for a Dice game and UK and Ireland servers need to return. 
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If they got away with it in BF4, they'll get away with it here ... maybe ... BF4 was rather overhyped, so that helped it recover faster than this game will.
  • NLBartmaN
    3566 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Totally agree.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Playable for me ps4
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The easy answer would be that the people making the maps aren't the same people that would be working on bug and balance fixes. Plus the game really does need new content badly too.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE are working on the issue, if in the patch in two weeks time no progress has been made then I will  :'(
  • Broliszibaila
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I mean, they gotta release something right? Before this unplayable stare everyone was raging about new weapons, maps etc. Now we have 6 maps coming through the span of 5 months with new weapons ans skins to boot

Are you sure about these 5 months? Its a DICE, they know how make nasty suprises...Or you learned nothing?
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same on PS4 pro and the German server is a lag fest. It gets even worse when destruction happens. This is unacceptable for a Dice game and UK and Ireland servers need to return. 
    It's not just loss of datacenters that is causing this, it's a widespread patching issue that introduced stutterring in April's patch - then May's patch compounded it with further performance issues. Even if AWS London comes back online we would still have performance issues.
  • JamieCurnock
    631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not unplayable stop being over dramatic. 100% agree the fps drops on console are bad and need sorting asap but it's not unplayable by any means.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 5
    Just tried to play, and the lag and stuttering is the worst I have ever seen it. Couldn't get out of a building I was in.

C'MON, Dice.
  • JamieCurnock
    631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just tried to play, and the lag is the worst I have ever seen it. Couldn't get out of a building I was in.

C'MON, Dice.

I'm sure people are playing a different game to me at times. I have got more and more fps drops since the change in server but playing since release day I've never experienced anything like this.

Do you mean you literally couldn't move because of constant fps drops/lag? Is this PC or console?
  • mrtwotimes
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No issues, PS4 slim
  • Zviko0
    1670 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The are FPS drops on PS4 but far from unplayable.
  • NLBartmaN
    3566 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not just loss of datacenters that is causing this, it's a widespread patching issue that introduced stutterring in April's patch - then May's patch compounded it with further performance issues. Even if AWS London comes back online we would still have performance issues.
    It clearly IS loss of state of datacenters: next to FPS drops, the server performance issue icon (and everything that comes with that) is the other big issue with the game.
    And that issue became a lot bigger after the removal of servers.
  • Project12A
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It's not unplayable stop being over dramatic. 100% agree the fps drops on console are bad and need sorting asap but it's not unplayable by any means.
    It's not unplayable all the time, you are right, but I was playing Mercury this moring on my Xbox one X and just as always when the round starts it's still fine but further on in the game, when more is going on and more being destructed the game becomes unplayable (at least for me) and it's has nothing to do with a bad internet connection, I have a ping of 18/20. Hope they fix it soon.
  • JamieCurnock
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    DrunkOnRedWine said:

colour123k said:

It clearly IS loss of state of datacenters: next to FPS drops, the server performance issue icon (and everything that comes with that) is the other big issue with the game.
    And that issue became a lot bigger after the removal of servers.

I don't pretend to know anything about data centers etc but these issues have really surfaced following the change in UK servers to German servers. Seems unlikely to just be a coincidence.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just tried to play, and the lag is the worst I have ever seen it. Couldn't get out of a building I was in.

C'MON, Dice.

I'm sure people are playing a different game to me at times. I have got more and more fps drops since the change in server but playing since release day I've never experienced anything like this.

Do you mean you literally couldn't move because of constant fps drops/lag? Is this PC or console?

I'm on, ps4 and I kept jumping around from one room of the building to another. Would just get outside and then it would jump me back inside. Had to quit out it was so bad.
  • wiazabi
    518 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Finally get a new map to experience the same bugs + new ones.

Joins new map first awesome thing to experience is plane engine sound stuck.

Get update to game for fixes.

Joins new map get plane engine sound + stuck round ending music blasting off.

BF V is rising to the top of my list as the most frustrating game i have ever played and yet there is no good alternative to what battlefield is suppose to be.

• JamieCurnock

C'MON, Dice.

I'm on, ps4 and I kept jumping around from one room of the building to another. Would just get outside and then it would jump me back inside. Had to quit out it was so bad.

No way!? Man that's weird. From this thread it seems Playstation is affected more. I'm on Xbox and I do get fps drops but I'm talking 1 second or so very occasionally. Played all night the other night and it maybe happened once.