Weekly BF

Should they just drop this game and start focusing on the next modern battlefield?Share your opinion

2»

Comments

• MogwaiWarrior
    732 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE's best days are long gone and the brilliant talent that once was has either left or been bullied in to submission by EA. I honestly don't see why a new game will make any difference, please don't ruin Bad Company either.
    This. I honestly think all the talent DICE had are gone and BF will never be the same.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    No they shouldn’t drop this game because that will annoy all the current players, which could mean the player base is even smaller for the next one.
    I just hope they learn from this massive mistake. Otherwise I couldn’t care less when they start focusing on the next one.
  • BrianLocal1
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Looks like they are going to half **** the rest of the updates to the game anyway.  They will look at the numbers and not invest in the game much.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well that’s what we all think is likely going on now :(

I hope it’s not the case.

• bran1986
    5739 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe but screw modern stuff though.

Yeah I'm just sick of modern shooters.
  • StingX71
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm as cynical as the next guy, but based on info I've been reading, I'm sensing a small comeback for this game. 5-6 new maps with RSP settings to keep snipers in check would keep quite a few of my friends playing. 
  • 24OmniTactics24
    147 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    I'm willing to give DICE the benefit of the doubt as the life cycle of the game goes on. But yes as a WW2 game and how that feels, I don't think DICE captured the atmosphere or settings terribly well. BF1 felt very authentic in contrast. Especially the later DLC.

I'm hoping that the content for BFV will improve on this as the live service continues. Mercury is definitely a good step in the right direction.

You shouldn't only judge by past practice cough cough battlefront 2
  • RC-1136_DRMN
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yes.  Please give up on BFV. Let Respawn do the next BF title once they finish Jedi Fallen Order.  Or give criterion a crack at it.  Dice obviously can't make a playbal game anymore. 
  • WrexDotExe
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The one thing I'm 100% certain about is that the current team of devs cannot make a modern battlefield game come close to BF4. The current team doesn't even know how bipods work, they can't even think about copying bipod mechanics from BF4 or BF3. Seriously, how do you patch bipods twice and still fail? smh
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "I don't want a modern Game again. Modern warfare is done to death. I want a real WW2 with atmosphere and Immersion, Not this PC/Sjw crap.

You want immersion you should check out that, "Hell Let Loose" game that's coming out for PC. That game looks sick.[/quote]

Problem is its PC only. Console has a real FPS Problem. CoD or Battlefield you have to swallow what they throw on you.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    No if they drop BFV and focus on the next game then it will also destroy the reputation of future games since we will be expecting DICE to abandon them as an unfinished mess of extrinsic rewards and poor gameplay
    "Reputation"...?  Great troll attempt, you almost had me.
  • Billydoc1
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No
    This game has great potential
  • Hawxxeye
    5915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:

What do you suggest then? War as we know it started with WW1
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    bran1986 said:

What do you suggest then? War as we know it started with WW1
    I suggest not to go back to modern crap for at least 2 BF games.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We don't need another Battlefield for another 2 Years. DICE need at minimum 3 Years for a Battlefield otherwise we get another BFV.

Take your time and make it great.
    I'd be willing to wait even longer. I waited five years for the PSP release of Gran Turismo (even though I was expecting it to have some sort of career mode, which it sadly didn't), so I can wait five years for a polished Battlefield game ... it doesn't even have to be that great ... just truly polished and stable.
  • Mangrey
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game have absolutely nothing to do with WW2. I would hather see a 2143 where Dice can add new systems with out restricting them selfs to Real life. Not that they are doing it now, witch is a problem for me.... I hate to see tiger in 1939-40 or STG44s  (yes 44 is for 1944 when is was added to the german army) for me is it all BS and then the Scopes .....

SO yes i would like to see a BF 2143 or some thing like that 
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We don't need another Battlefield for another 2 Years. DICE need at minimum 3 Years for a Battlefield otherwise we get another BFV.

Take your time and make it great.

Ab-so-flippin-LUTELY. Been saying this for ages myself.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    No, with the content and maps coming and the fact I'm really enjoying the new map after having a break fro. Bfv, I'm looking forward to the next chapters.