Why can't i lock my light transports driver seat?

riverdie
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
It would help if am covering my team getting in a point as i lay down coverfire, but some random jump in the front getting me and my team killed each time. I really want to leave that seat empty and not have to spam "get out" command. Unless that how the game was made than. Meh...

Comments

• V2Face
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    riverdie wrote: »
    It would help if am covering my team getting in a point as i lay down coverfire, but some random jump in the front getting me and my team killed each time. I really want to leave that seat empty and not have to spam "get out" command. Unless that how the game was made than. Meh...

This is a team game last time I checked. You can’t just sit in essentially two seats to “provide covering fire for teammates”. That wouldn’t be fair to randoms. If you want vehicle supremacy make some friends and have them hog the seat for you.
  • riverdie
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 6
    V2Face wrote: »
    riverdie wrote: »

This is a team game last time I checked. You can’t just sit in essentially two seats to “provide covering fire for teammates”. That wouldn’t be fair to randoms. If you want vehicle supremacy make some friends and have them hog the seat for you.

But am on the point. How else can i tell my whole team to spawn here on the map. (post edited by moderator)
    Post edited by Carbonic on
  • Noodlesocks
    2642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's one of the reasons I wish there was more light vehicles in the game. Some armoured cars would bring a little more variety to the vehicle gameplay. The transports are good at what they do, provide mobile spawn points and anti infantry support but there aren't really any useful one player light vehicles.
  • riverdie
    It's one of the reasons I wish there was more light vehicles in the game. Some armoured cars would bring a little more variety to the vehicle gameplay. The transports are good at what they do, provide mobile spawn points and anti infantry support but there aren't really any useful one player light vehicles.

Like the ones from battlefield 2142?
  • Hawxxeye
    5158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2
    Yeah this is a very old issue that was immortalized in this video

I also put the dialogue from it on my personal worst example of a noob driver moving my transport cause he does not have a shred of tactical thinking in his brain
    [video removed as this is construed as harassment towards another user]
    @V2Face
    Look at my old hardline video and tell me with a straight face that it is more unfair to randoms if they cannot jack an occupied transport doing a good job covering an attack( as well as providing a good spawn point for our team, close enough but not that close that it would be in big danger) or that it is not unfair that Mr Random took the transport to the worst possible place and killed both me, himself and 4 other people in our team.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Noodlesocks
    2642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    riverdie said:

I was thinking more like the ones from BF1. They had light armour but the players inside were protected. Like the Humber or the Daimler or something.
  • V2Face
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I also put the dialogue from it on my personal worst example of a noob driver moving my transport cause he does not have a shred of tactical thinking in his brain[video removed as this is construed as harassment towards another user]
    @V2Face
    Look at my old hardline video and tell me with a straight face that it is more unfair to randoms if they cannot jack an occupied transport doing a good job covering an attack( as well as providing a good spawn point for our team, close enough but not that close that it would be in big danger) or that it is not unfair that Mr Random took the transport to the worst possible place and killed both me, himself and 4 other people in our team.

I agreee with OP with them being annoying but that’s the sacrifice of playing with blueberries. Making friends would ultimately fix said issue.
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    riverdie said:

Noodlesocks wrote: »

I was thinking more like the ones from BF1. They had light armour but the players inside were protected. Like the Humber or the Daimler or something.

2142 ones had great physics. Way more fun to drive.
  • Noodlesocks
    Speaking of 2142, that game had a similar problem where players would spawn in an APC that was perfectly placed for the launch pods and then drive it away. They remedied that issue by moving the driver seat to the last priority for spawning so players would spawn in seat order 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 1. I feel doing something similar with the transports in BF5 would help a lot because the transport trucks are really useful for the team but they require a person to be in it for the team to be able to spawn on it. As such the driver has to pretty much sit there with nothing to do in case someone happens to spawn into the driver seat and drive off or worse, drive closer and become a target.

Also feel the transports could do with a couple more seats inside the actual vehicle instead of just having gunner positions.
  • superteds
    1160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i don't mind tanks being lockable...but transport vehicles is a gray area. i recently had a breakthrough game on mercury where i would spawn on the same idiot sitting in spawn peppering the first flag, flank and backcap and just receive piles of abuse from the guy...but what i did was far more useful than what he was doing.

plus one of the big strengths of transport vehicles is anyone on your team can spawn on them, locking a vehicle would take that away. great for suddenly opening a new front - panzerstorm on breakthrough attack f.ex i typically grab a half track, barrel into the first building and sit there shielded while my team constantly spawns. 
  • MarxistDictator
    4843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2
    I also put the dialogue from it on my personal worst example of a noob driver moving my transport cause he does not have a shred of tactical thinking in his brain[video removed as this is construed as harassment towards another user]
    @V2Face

I agreee with OP with them being annoying but that’s the sacrifice of playing with blueberries. Making friends would ultimately fix said issue.

Yeah because making your friend sit on his hands in the driver seat of a stationary vehicle is a fix.
  • VincentNZ
    2574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well you answer your question by yourself in the title. It is a transport vehicle, it shifts people from one point to another. Now optimally a guy driving it would position himself favourably and people spawning on it would immediately see the value of the position and work from there. Yet often enough people will drive rather aimlessly around or too far away from anything of use with it and teammates will not realize the potential tactical asset on this position.
    For every other vehicle they make it 100% efficient with only a driver, yet the transports somehow still require two people.
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think OP could possibly find better ways to supply cover fire.

Another option is that maybe we get a squad call in for a fixed HMG position. That’d be fun. 😬
  • DingoKillr
    3467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It could help by giving transport drivers a  LMG while gunners keep the HMG. It could even be set so it does not work when the vehicle is moving. 
  • Hawxxeye
    5158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah this is a very old issue that was immortalized in this videoimage
    @V2Face

Yeah because making your friend sit on his hands in the driver seat of a stationary vehicle is a fix.
    I would be a terrible friend if I was trying to force a friend to occupy a transport driver seat doing nothing.
  • xbakedkoalax
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Obviously never had a chopper stolen hahaha
  • MarxistDictator
    4843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This is why Hardline is underrated, you could kill useless sponge blueberries who were loitering in your helicopter preventing it from being max effective.
  • Hawxxeye

This is why Hardline is underrated, you could kill useless sponge blueberries who were loitering in your helicopter preventing it from being max effective.
    really? how?
  • xbakedkoalax
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hard line was hardly a bf game. I guess it was fun for some
  • MarxistDictator
    MarxistDictator said:

xbakedkoalax wrote: »

really? how?

Drop the heli on an environmental car and bail at the same time and your passenger dies. This was by far my favorite glitch in any BF game, evicting bads like BF3. gtfo my chopper