Weekly Debrief

Metro in BFv leading to idea of BF3 remastered or ?

BumblebeeOwns
10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So with the new trailer out that Im sure most of us have seen toward the end we see what looks very similar to Op Metro map. This is exciting for me as an infantry player but also hints me toward a few things. 

1) Does this hint toward a BF3 remaster for the next game coming out to hold us over to BC3 ? 

-One idea that I have that supports this is no BF teaser trailers have been dropped for a new BF game this year, which we know BF games have around a 2 year life cycle. I suspected that would have dropped something small for it if there would be anything. But since we are still in the life cycle for BFv and new content was just announced I am guessing there is gonna be something small to get the hype going and getting people ready for the next big title, which again I suspect is BC and they hope to get some fans back and build hype with a classic BF3 remastered leading up to BC. Thoughts ? 

2) There was a part in the video (0:49) where a building is breaking apart and falling. I cant help but feel like this here is also bringing some BC destruction vibes. 
Maybe I am just overthinking and trying to find clues in my head but right away this is what I thought. 
I feel like they are making a new engine for the next big game coming out as well. I say this because there are rumors of the next playstation have a BF title at launch. I cant help but think how awesome this would be if they did that like they did with BF3. 

Comments

• GrizzGolf
    990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How does that map look like metro?
  • 6r67uvv1n25z
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you kidding? Did you watch the whole trailer? The operation underground Looks like it IS metro lol. Also showed a **** soldier in the pacific theater and the sound of an m1 garand clip ping on empty.... I’m excited dudes. Looks awesome. It also looked like it showed the early mustang fighter without the Bible canopy. Not positive but it think it was.
  • NuttysKunKs
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please don’t remaster Bf3.. don’t want another load of work for a seeming struggling team.
  • Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    there is a huge possibility that we will get BF3 remastered for next gen
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please don’t remaster Bf3.. don’t want another load of work for a seeming struggling team.

EA can hire a small third party team to do it and unlike MWR, BF3 really only needs to bring the PC version to 8th gen console and maybe touch up the lighting rendering.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not going to happen. More likely for an Alien Invasion before that happens. Next Battlefield will be Modern so no point.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    BF3 does not even need remastering, the graphics hold fine. It still looks better than a lot of the recent shooters
    It could do with some changes though ... that silly Jason Bourne blue filter for one needs to be optional. There's also the fact that the netcode for BF3 uses 16Hz servers, so it feels even worse nowadays when we're used to 60Hz as standard.

They could also do some balance changes (*cough*M16A3*cough*), but people don't usually want that in a remastered version of an old game.
  • xKusagamix
    948 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    BF3 does not even need remastering, the graphics hold fine. It still looks better than a lot of the recent shooters

It could do with some changes though ... that silly Jason Bourne blue filter for one needs to be optional. There's also the fact that the netcode for BF3 uses 16Hz servers, so it feels even worse nowadays when we're used to 60Hz as standard.

They could also do some balance changes (*cough*M16A3*cough*), but people don't usually want that in a remastered version of an old game.
    The same as how much people hype about the Remaster version of their beloved COD4, it end up not so well.
  • herodes87
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Let it Rest in Peace. If the CoD 4 Remastered told me one Thing, please No Remastered. Special with that Metro Glitch and all the other Bugs. BF3 wasn't a "Clean" Shooter with that crappy netcode and half of the Body going in the Walls while laying prone.

BBC2 i would Like to be Remastered. Clean netcode, way less Camping and full destruction.
  • 6r67uvv1n25z
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ProAssassin2003
    MemberBF3BF4BFHBF1
    June 6
    Not going to happen. More likely for an Alien Invasion before that happens. Next Battlefield will be Modern so no point.
    Flag Quote ·

Bro, bf3 was modern. Did I miss understand you?
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is a long tradition in Battlefield, where they take old maps, and put them in the current game (Wake Island from BF1942 in BF2 is the earliest example I can think of). Operation Underground follows this tradition, and is not evidence of a BF3 remaster.
  • Noodlesocks
    2890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't think too much about it, it's not uncommon for maps from older games to come to newer games. Besides, I'd rather play something new than a gussied up old game.
  • fragnstein
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf4 had a remake dlc 2nd asault, bf 3 had back to karkand remake dlc aswell. Both consisted of 4 maps
  • CloneTrooperCT
    244 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Agreed I have seen so many modern and future Fps games. Plz next bf not like bf3 or modern.

A good theme for next bf is Vietnam.
  • crusam7
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You must watch this :