Dice engaged afterburner to catch up with content? Upcoming content discussion.

YourLocalPlumber
2790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I want to have a small discussion about the trailer and information we got today about upcoming content.

Obviously none expected to see a map out of nowhere to be added so soon. For those who don't know - Al Sundan map is coming on June 27th. We also saw glimpse of US expansion which is weird to me. Common theme with BF5 (So far) has been keeping everything under "Top Secret" tag, yet we're seeing content that is supposed to launch in November?

That got me thinking - could we actually see USA and Japan expansion a lot sooner than expected? Like September/early October? Between that we have Al Sandan in June, Marita in July or August and Operation Metro in October. It could very well be USA to fill that gap in September.

This content increase seems to be linked to Dice LA joining forces once again. They could be helping in development of the new content. If that is true, we might actually see more surprises such as new maps for the multiplayer adopted from single player. It would be awesome to see maps from Last Tiger adopted for multiplayer.

What do you guys think about all this?

Comments

• NuttysKunKs
    321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well the next BF release is due 2020 (due to previous releases/PS5) so they want to finish this game off in about 16-18 months ;)
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    787 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The trailer was superb, it might be that Dice are finally starting to catch up to where they should have been at launch. 

Of the current maps released there aren't really any that hit the perfect 10, but there's something I do like about most of them to varying degrees, with the exception being Aerodrome and Mercury, their just a little bit too campy for my taste.

Any issues I have with gameplay I'm hoping can be resolved by the Server Programme. For me this game just needs some minor tweaks and it could be phenomenal.

But none if this really matters if they can't fix the TTD issues. Hoping that with Dice LA back on board they can devote more time to fixing it, then BFV's future will start to look pretty rosy.
  • bran1986
    5648 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE LA has been onboard since the game launched. I think we will see 2 maps in the Pacific in Sept/Oct and then another two maps by the end of the year.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    787 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bran1986 said:
    DICE LA has been onboard since the game launched. I think we will see 2 maps in the Pacific in Sept/Oct and then another two maps by the end of the year.
    Haven't they been busy over seeing the 5v5 mode?
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 5

But none if this really matters if they can't fix the TTD issues. Hoping that with Dice LA back on board they can devote more time to fixing it, then BFV's future will start to look pretty rosy.
    TTD on console is due to 30hz servers-> client update time is slower than average TTK leading you to die at cover / in one frame every time. Only solution is to release a real core mode ( and a real extreme mode for those who want it ) with a TTK adapted to the server architecture. 
    Personnaly i've stop playing this game because Dice try to change TTK but PC players and PC based " influencers " make them step back, it was a good change on console but nobody listen to console player anyway  ... Now the game on console is literally unplayable, not fun & full of camper. Adding content will not change the community, only TTK/3D spot changes will ... 
  • bran1986
    5648 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 5
    bran1986 said:

They are working on the 5v5 mode but they also helped with Panzerstorm and they also did Mercury and Marita. I think they are doing the Metro remake as well while DICE Stockholm is doing the Pacific.

Edit: Not sure who is doing the Al Sundan map.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I suspect a lot of the content was already done or almost done. They probably released the trailer and moved dates up to compete with the new COD. That MW trailer was sick!
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    bran1986 said:

They are working on the 5v5 mode but they also helped with Panzerstorm and they also did Mercury and Marita. I think they are doing the Metro remake as well while DICE Stockholm is doing the Pacific.

Edit: Not sure who is doing the Al Sundan map.
    I've heard that Metro rework is done by the same developer(s) who did OG Metro in BF3. It would be really awesome to have Rush on that map with bombing part that blows a hole in the ground leading to metro part of the map.
  • the_lone_ran9er
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 6
    I loved Metro Rush ( all rush really ) as long as it wasn't 64 player. But the last Section of map was too easy to bust. M - Coms could have been positioned better.
  • xKusagamix
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I already thought that there'll be some changes the first time i saw DICE LA in the Mercury trailer.

The game need contents and i'm not gonna complain if it's remake.

While i'm not that exciting about Metro in BFV but there're other people like it so it's great that they do something for those who like it.
  • SirTerrible
    1687 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is the content that either should've been here at launch or been here by now, 7 months after launch. IMO of course.
  • Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE released a great video yesterday....BFV needs content for sure & they know it...i hope they will deliver
  • leeroynorth
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All looks good. Do you think the player base will rise and get back the vets ? Hope so as game as good potential. Maybe it’s gonna get a massive Rez and get a bf4 playerbase. Anyhoo one can hope.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All looks good. Do you think the player base will rise and get back the vets ? Hope so as game as good potential. Maybe it’s gonna get a massive Rez and get a bf4 playerbase. Anyhoo one can hope.

The Core gameplay is what scared away people not content. Until they overhaul some things the player base won't be back. I still play because despite many issues I have with BFV my love for Battlefield keeps me going.
  • Hawxxeye
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All this tells me that basically Battlefield V will get out of Early access at October 2019, one year after its original release date...
  • dcs500
    1406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Prepare to be disappointed.
  • JediMastaWyn
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 said:
    Most people forget that 2 Maps will be 5v5 Mode only.

So actually WE get a Singleplayer Map, a Remastered Map and a new Mapp.
    Once the hype dies down people will realise it's not that much content. 4 conquest maps (Mercury) spread over 7 months 2 small mode maps.

• dA_9_eL_81
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I´ll doubt it... Once a game is labelled as bad (and in this case its really really bad)... in my experience once a player abandons a game they very rarely get back... Ppl tend to find new games that catches their interest and which they´ll find worthy their time and effort...