Spawning over 150 m from objective?

sirpdh
30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Really? Why even bother then? May as well spawn in at the home base. Personally I think 75 should be max, I realize that’s subjective, but 150 m away is clearly not the definition of spawning in on an objective.

Comments

• Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think they do that to prevent you from spawning onto an enemy if the point is contested, but sometimes it is really ridiculous.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. If a flag is contested, I understand that I can’t spawn directly on it, but sometimes it’s ridiculous. By the time I get there, the enemy team have already capped the flag, and probably moved on as well!
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Noromiz said:
    I think they do that to prevent you from spawning onto an enemy if the point is contested, but sometimes it is really ridiculous.
    Yeah previous battlefields i'd spawn right behind enemies for easy dog tags back in the day.
  • MrCamp121
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol its the worst on breakthrough. Been doing mercury and once the A flag gets contested you spawn way back across the freakin water almost and by the time you get back, theyre already on B lol
  • trip1ex
    4693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What did they do in old games?  I swear we weren't spawning so far away in old games but ....I forget the details.
  • ElliotLH
    8181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:
    What did they do in old games?  I swear we weren't spawning so far away in old games but ....I forget the details.
    It did feel like we'd spawn closer to me as well. Unless I'm simply mis-remembering. 
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Give me 2 spawn options.  Regular like it is now and "Danger Close" where I'm within 25-35M.  Far enough you don't just materialize in front of people but close enough to actually provide reinforcements on a point being contested. 
  • ElliotLH
    8181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Could it be a deterrent to stop people spawning on flags rather than their squad?  
  • sirpdh
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Could it be a deterrent to stop people spawning on flags rather than their squad?  

Going by that logic hopefully not. Hopefully they’re not trying to force us to take another action by downgrading an action we want to take.
  • zterrans
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    Noromiz said:

Yeah previous battlefields i'd spawn right behind enemies for easy dog tags back in the day.

I got the opposite, spawning in with an enemy at my back. Occassionally it would spice combat spawns up by spawning me between a tank shell and its target.
  • ElliotLH
    sirpdh wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Going by that logic hopefully not. Hopefully they’re not trying to force us to take another action by downgrading an action we want to take.

I'm probably miles off as I'm largely basing that on things like defaulting to the squad-spawn screen rather than the overhead map. More thinking out loud other than anything else.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's better than the BF1 system, where you could farm the predictable enemy spawn points. But agree, sometimes you're basically spawning on a different flag.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its hilarious that the intention behind this system is to spawn you into safe location, yet it often spawns you closer to enemy flags than your own flags.
  • Noodlesocks
    2771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aye some of the spawns are pretty bad. I agree with the concept but not the implementation. Shouldn't be making you spawn way back at another flag.
  • Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sirpdh said:
    Really? Why even bother then? May as well spawn in at the home base. Personally I think 75 should be max, I realize that’s subjective, but 150 m away is clearly not the definition of spawning in on an objective.
    for your own safety
    DICE said  :D
  • sirpdh
    I just spawned out of bounds on objective A on the Mercury map. Just cause it’s legal, they don’t need to make every decision and program while they’re high.
  • Noodlesocks
    2771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 23
    Last night, C was being contested on mercury so when I spawned, I spawned closer to the enemy controlled B flag than I did on C. I understand the reasoning behind the feature but they went overboard with it and it only adds to the already existing problem of attacking an objective is easier than defending one.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What about when they spawn you outside the play zone. I love being told to get back in bounds right away.
  • M_Rat13
    920 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sirpdh said:
    I just spawned out of bounds on objective A on the Mercury map. Just cause it’s legal, they don’t need to make every decision and program while they’re high.

Ok now that's definitely a bug... So, it'll be fixed next year, but now you spawn right next to enemies. Sound fair?