BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

Comments

• V2Face
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy some of the elements of the gunplay as in a predictable recoil pattern and no random bullet deviation when firing on target but, it’s ultimately muddled by more negatives such as attrition, maps that reward terrible static play, mmgs. The game encourages camping because there is no real penalty for stationary play. A player can go on a streak by sitting belly down outside of an op flag and rack up kills or hits on players actually doing objective play. A good example is the campers in the foliage above C flag on Mercury. Take away visual spotting and kill cam you have a perfect combination of hardcore play with a mini-map.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    748 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    V2Face said:
    I enjoy some of the elements of the gunplay as in a predictable recoil pattern and no random bullet deviation when firing on target but, it’s ultimately muddled by more negatives such as attrition, maps that reward terrible static play, mmgs. The game encourages camping because there is no real penalty for stationary play. A player can go on a streak by sitting belly down outside of an op flag and rack up kills or hits on players actually doing objective play. A good example is the campers in the foliage above C flag on Mercury. Take away visual spotting and kill cam you have a perfect combination of hardcore play with a mini-map.
    I've been using spotting flares as a Recon a lot recently, and I have to say that anyone who thinks we need universal 3D spotting back must be playing on teams with Recons who don't know what a spotting flare is.  But for that to be an effective tool you need a Recon in your squad who knows what he is doing (i.e. his class is called "Recon", not "Sniper") and a Support who will keep the Recon supplied with flares.  There's a name for that, what was it--oh yeah, teamwork.

How many times have we been told BF is a game about teamwork?  Doesn't almost everyone claim they value teamwork?  So here's a great example of how teamwork is the solution to a tactical problem, but no, we need universal 3D spotting back instead, because campers.  It just doesn't add up.
    The player base doesn't have any idea what team work is. Most of the time they don't have the intelligence to join and make a full squad.

The demands of V and the extra emphasis on team play works amazingly well when playing with friends. It's a bit of a nightmare when playing with randoms. 

V would play far better if we had a ranking system.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face said:
    I've been using spotting flares as a Recon a lot recently, and I have to say that anyone who thinks we need universal 3D spotting back must be playing on teams with Recons who don't know what a spotting flare is.  But for that to be an effective tool you need a Recon in your squad who knows what he is doing (i.e. his class is called "Recon", not "Sniper") and a Support who will keep the Recon supplied with flares.  There's a name for that, what was it--oh yeah, teamwork.

How many times have we been told BF is a game about teamwork?  Doesn't almost everyone claim they value teamwork?  So here's a great example of how teamwork is the solution to a tactical problem, but no, we need universal 3D spotting back instead, because campers.  It just doesn't add up.
    The player base doesn't have any idea what team work is. Most of the time they don't have the intelligence to join and make a full squad.

The demands of V and the extra emphasis on team play works amazingly well when playing with friends. It's a bit of a nightmare when playing with randoms. 

Obviously true since DICE has now allowed people to take meds/ammo off of someone who can't be bothered to drop a crate. This is a poor way of "fixing" non-teamwork, but whatever. I still like being a team-player. Sometimes repairing a tank is it's own reward. You get a feel-good buzz off of it.
  • s0ldadofumad0
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Since the topic is about issues in the game, i have one issue with BF5 that i didnt have in BF1: In BFV everything seems to be so small on the screen. I mean, mainly the soldiers, they are TINY if compared to BF1 soldiers. Anyone else noticed this issue?

It's an issue because soldiers from medium to long distances are too small, you only see a little dot, and if they are stationary it gets barely impossible to notice the enemy soldier standing there.

In BF1 you could distinguish head from body from limbs at any distance, while in BFV you only see a DOT that looks like a soldier.

Part of the visibility problem is the size of soldiers and no one talk about that.

Everything should be a LITTLE bigger on the screen, a bigger scale to buildings, trenches, soldiers, tanks, everything. Compare the size of the tanks on the screen when playing BF1 to the size of tanks in BFV. In BFV EVEN THE TANKS blend in the scenario, you only notice the tank there when he blows your **** up into a million pieces. While in BF1 it's so easy to spot tanks.

BF4 had smaller soldiers too, just like BFV, but the visibility was far better in bf4.

Anyone else noticed this?

BTW: theres a video that a youtuber did about BFV, it was like a review of the game, and of the things he said laughing was: "Why is everyone so small?" I'll try to find this video to put here.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Since the topic is about issues in the game, i have one issue with BF5 that i didnt have in BF1: In BFV everything seems to be so small on the screen. I mean, mainly the soldiers, they are TINY if compared to BF1 soldiers. Anyone else noticed this issue?

It's an issue because soldiers from medium to long distances are too small, you only see a little dot, and if they are stationary it gets barely impossible to notice the enemy soldier standing there.

In BF1 you could distinguish head from body from limbs at any distance, while in BFV you only see a DOT that looks like a soldier.

Part of the visibility problem is the size of soldiers and no one talk about that.

Everything should be a LITTLE bigger on the screen, a bigger scale to buildings, trenches, soldiers, tanks, everything. Compare the size of the tanks on the screen when playing BF1 to the size of tanks in BFV. In BFV EVEN THE TANKS blend in the scenario, you only notice the tank there when he blows your **** up into a million pieces. While in BF1 it's so easy to spot tanks.

BF4 had smaller soldiers too, just like BFV, but the visibility was far better in bf4.

BTW: theres a video that a youtuber did about BFV, it was like a review of the game, and of the things he said laughing was: "Why is everyone so small?" I'll try to find this video to put here.
    Precisely why I use the lowest FOV possible in the game and equip a 3x scope on all of my guns. Visibility right now is in shambles, even with the so called improvements.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face said:

If I'm not playing with friends I might go through several squads before I find one that is working together, so I know what you mean.  Every once in awhile I'll join a squad that is so good I can't believe my luck, everyone is using a mic and knows what to do from long experience and whether our team wins or loses, the squad play is so rewarding I almost don't care about the outcome.  That's why clans which stack teams do so well, it isn't that they're better individually, it's just that they're working together.  So I like the idea that BFV is trying to push teamwork, but it sure can be tough to find a group of players who are working together.
  • GeneralXIV
    218 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the game is full of campers... I'm not sure what "try hard" actually means and I die instantly almost every time Im killed... I dont think the game is boring, but it has a few issues that have apparently become worse for me recently.

I can really just point fingers at specific guns that are responsible for instant deaths. The sten, suomi, M1928A1, ribeyrolles, M1907 SF, most MMGs and some semi-automatic rifles. Most other weapons seem fine when they are used against me. Except for things that are instant kills like snipers and shotguns which are meant to be that way, but no less annoying.
  • GeneralXIV
    edited June 6
    Sorry, i forgot to mention... I actually had something quite strange with the visibility in a game maybe an hour ago. I was playing Conquest on Devastation, and my team had just taken C. There were many of us in the main part of C, and what looked like one enemy on the indicator so we knew there was someone nearby, but I figured it was no big thing because its basically a guarantee that someone will be hiding in the shadows. A huge group of my team started to move to one of the exits, and I moved with them but I was a little behind the group, there were only a few teammates close to me. The largest bulk were running by all the pews.

I have no idea how so many people (including me) were able to run by, or almost run by in my case without seeing a tank in the corner, but I hadnt seen anything. No one had. I only saw it directly in front of me because its turret turned. I was playing as a medic so I couldn't do anything about it, I just quickly ran behind one of the parts of the church that kinda stick out and decided to hide and spam health packs for the people lucky enough to do what I did. Judging by the revive icons on my screen, the tank must have easily killed about 15 people. And then me. Whoever was in that tank, 10/10 stealth. No one knew they were there.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
  • s0ldadofumad0
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Precisely why I use the lowest FOV possible in the game and equip a 3x scope on all of my guns. Visibility right now is in shambles, even with the so called improvements.

Even lowering the FOV, soldiers are too small.
  • TFBisquit
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The same thing happens with soldiers. I was looking over the open field in mercury and there was no one. I turn around to go the other way and instantly get killed by an enemy running over that open field, and not far from me. So either he wasn’t rendered on my screen or the games textures made him invisible to me.
    As for hill campers helping their team, they do not. They are happy to see all their flags taken, just as long as they can keep their favorable position and grab some kills.
    I also noticed in frontlines yesterday with the flags on one side of the map, respawning as far away as possible to be safe, there are still some roaming that outskirt for easy, or should I say unsuspected kills.
    Besides the fact that this game forces me to work, which isn’t relaxing at all, there are too many reasons for players to not play the objective. Assignment forcing you into objectives don’t help with that.
  • bran1986
    5601 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face wrote: »

There is random bullet deviation on BFV it just comes in the form of random recoil added on top of recoil patterns. This is why DMRs are stupid strong and OP as hell since they have neither.
  • GeneralXIV
    GeneralXIV said:
    I think the game is full of campers... I'm not sure what "try hard" actually means and I die instantly almost every time Im killed... I dont think the game is boring, but it has a few issues that have apparently become worse for me recently.

I can really just point fingers at specific guns that are responsible for instant deaths. The sten, suomi, M1928A1, ribeyrolles, M1907 SF, most MMGs and some semi-automatic rifles. Most other weapons seem fine when they are used against me. Except for things that are instant kills like snipers and shotguns which are meant to be that way, but no less annoying.

Most instant deaths aren't actually instant, the true one frame death issue was in large part, but not completely fixed months ago. Most of the deaths that feel instant are the result of the 200% headshot multiplier plus the very accurate guns. They shrank the headshot hit box as I recall, but not as much as they increased realistic average firing accuracy. The ability of players to achieve the optimal time to kill in BFV is much greater then in any prior battlefield game.

The guns in other words, really can kill you THAT quickly. People get 2-3 hits on your head before its plausible to react and you just die. And the completely broken sound in the game means you often hear neither the player nor the sound of the first bullet before you are dead, or at all.

Basically this won't change much unless they completely change the gunplay design. Which they won't. Because they already tried (really badly, in a well poisoning kind of way) in December and people rebelled. Fixing the sound and reducing the headshot multipler back to the BF1 level would reduce the feeling of instant unexpected death, but not remove it. Adding back spotting or fixing visbility for real would likewise, reduce the feeling, but not eliminate it.
    Reality is it's just going to be like this unless the guns get more much spread or the penalty for firing while moving goes up, or probably both.
    Honestly a lot of what held this back in some of the much earlier battlefield games was also not just the different gun design, but simply just that the actual hit detection and server tic rates were much worse. You could dodge some bullets. Also the maps were just better, vehicles better (less running on foot into an ambush) and run in gun in general wasn't the design point of the entire damn game.

Oooh yes, the headshot damage is insane. But often when I get killed it isnt a headshot that kills me and it still feels instant.

Ill be honest, the worst thing about the game by far for me is the time it takes to kill someone and Im just left speechless sometimes. Take this for example:

Battlefield V is my first ever Battlefield game. My game time is like 6 days, sure, but I need to learn to be better because Im not very good. I need time to develop a kind of muscle memory that I dont have atm and work on my aim. How can I do that when I can die literally faster than I can react whenever I get shot? I dont like campers on this game, at all, they are so annoying... but I cant really say that there is no reason behind what they do.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face said:

Agreed, but there probably are not enough players in this game to make a ranking system practical, it could take forever to fill servers if players were split into several groups based on something like the old Skill stat.  The best solution I've found is my friends list, lets me play with people who know what teamwork is.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 8
    V2Face said:

Agreed, but there probably are not enough players in this game to make a ranking system practical, it could take forever to fill servers if players were split into several groups based on something like the old Skill stat.  The best solution I've found is my friends list, lets me play with people who know what teamwork is.
    My games used to be a nightmare when I tried joining or sticking with the random squads the game put me in as far as tanking. Most matches I'd lose my tank to spawning squad mates, they would drive off and leave me even when going top score for my side. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face said:

I tried playing with randoms and setting up squads at the start of BFV. I got sick of losing my tank each time I went out to repair a depot or the tank to so called squad mates that took off in it. I got sick of players constantly spawn within the tank blocking my LOS, running off offering zero help. Shooting at planes and other tanks, giving away my location to everyone. Sick of players having a go at me for not rushing like an idiot in an MBT. Sick of that stupid women's voice because I can't choose to be a male tanker calling out all match. 

I don't roll with mates, clans, and pub stack, and as a tanker I saw little incentive to open myself up to the randoms that more often would troll you over help you.