Weekly Debrief

Netcode since the new client update. Thank you DICE

lunajpsn
42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Playing in Canada on a PS4. Since the new client update the netcode is 100000000 times better! I don’t want to jinx it but thank you DICE! The last two patches I felt like the netcode and hit reg was continuing to get worse.

I no longer get one shotted, hit reg is waaaay better, and gun fights feel fair.

Now please don’t patch or change anything else....and bring back DOM so I can get everyone in my friends list to return.

Thank you.

Comments

• lll_HOSS_lll
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 5
    Well, my experience with today's patch for PC is that when I try to run Battlefield V the bfv executable pops up in the processes list in Windows Task Manager for about 5 seconds and then just disappears.  The game is no longer playable, at all.  Good job on this one DICE!  I'm trying a repair now.  I hope that works...it's not like I paid for the game or anything...
  • sabootheshaman
    1160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, my experience with today's patch for PC is that when I try to run Battlefield V the bfv executable pops up in the processes list in Windows Task Manager for about 5 seconds and then just disappears.  The game is no longer playable, at all.  Good job on this one DICE!  I'm trying a repair now.  I hope that works...it's not like I paid for the game or anything...

Good job on your topic highjacking.

Have you reported the bug?
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lunajpsn said:
    Playing in Canada on a PS4. Since the new client update the netcode is 100000000 times better! I don’t want to jinx it but thank you DICE! The last two patches I felt like the netcode and hit reg was continuing to get worse.

I no longer get one shotted, hit reg is waaaay better, and gun fights feel fair.

Now please don’t patch or change anything else....and bring back DOM so I can get everyone in my friends list to return.

Thank you.
    I, and a lot of other people, have had the opposite experience.  Some prominent YouTubers are seeing network performance issues as well, and DICE has admitted the problems are real and have spread from PC to consoles and they're not sure what is causing it.  Believe it or not, but in-game assignments seem to have a connection to the poor network performance, as well as a problem with Windows 10 (which explains why DICE can't figure out why it's happening with consoles as well).  LevelCap has a video where he mentions an app he has found which has been helpful on some of the PC builds he has used for BFV, but again that is of no use to console players.

I'm glad it's working for you, but you seem to be in the minority.  I saw some rubber-banding and stuttering tonight which I couldn't believe, the worst I've noticed in BFV.  That the developers don't know what it is or how to fix it says a lot about the state of DICE today.
  • Tullzter
    1106 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It does seem to run better but the patch broke other things, i don't know about PC players, but i'm on console and i have lost all reload animations...it just fills up my bullets but no animation or whatsoever
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OP = DICE? lol j/k
  • Billydoc1
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    on my Pro BFV is very bad....fps close to 20 sometimes...
    on my X is better ...at least last night was fine on the X

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1603 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Billydoc1 said:
    on my Pro BFV is very bad....fps close to 20 sometimes...
    on my X is better ...at least last night was fine on the X

Going through the same internet, it must be your ISP then ;) . DICE were actually thinking it was ISP's not long a go.

So odd though, how can the X work so much better than the Pro? Why are some experiencing the FPS, stuttering and lag and others not on the same platform?

On PC it is unplayable now, it was all fine until April's patch then May's just wrecked the performance. Nothing I have done really eliminates it. The warning lights never stop.
  • NLBartmaN
    3457 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The server performance is so random you can have good and bad days experience.

They really need a different server provider, add more servers or change the configuration of the servers/remove lag compensation/add ping limits, so the randomness goes away.

You probably had a good day and think this has anything to do with the patch, it has not.
  • lll_HOSS_lll
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Good job on your topic highjacking.

Have you reported the bug?
    the 20 minute repair process fixed it...shouldn't have needed to do that though, that's just silly
  • MrCamp121
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PC netcode seems ok at least for me. Xbox was horrible on my end last night..couple rounds of instantly dying and went back to pc
  • Cerben1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    shutter rubber banding and pore hit reg. i wonder why this is hapening now worse then in the beginning 
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1603 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I want the medication the OP is on!
  • NLBartmaN
    3457 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cerben1 said:
    shutter rubber banding and pore hit reg. i wonder why this is hapening now worse then in the beginning 
    Probably the new ToW, servers can't handle the tracking/processing of all players and perform bad.
  • Leetch002_mtdrh
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lunajpsn said:

Thank you.
    I, and a lot of other people, have had the opposite experience.  Some prominent YouTubers are seeing network performance issues as well, and DICE has admitted the problems are real and have spread from PC to consoles and they're not sure what is causing it.  Believe it or not, but in-game assignments seem to have a connection to the poor network performance, as well as a problem with Windows 10 (which explains why DICE can't figure out why it's happening with consoles as well).  LevelCap has a video where he mentions an app he has found which has been helpful on some of the PC builds he has used for BFV, but again that is of no use to console players.

I'm glad it's working for you, but you seem to be in the minority.  I saw some rubber-banding and stuttering tonight which I couldn't believe, the worst I've noticed in BFV.  That the developers don't know what it is or how to fix it says a lot about the state of DICE today.
    I don't believe it's all in the server side of things.  I have a feeling it's in the game engine where the engine is not relaying/reading/interpreting then displaying the server information in a timely manner.  In other words, the server shows you are dead and sends the message to your console, in the meantime you are performing an action that your console is displaying.  It seems as though the engine waits for you to perform your action then interprets the data coming from the server and since you are dead already (according to the server), what you saw on your screen didn't really happen.  

Pure conjecture on my part but something seems a lot different in the latency on this title versus prior titles.  
  • sabootheshaman
    1160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh dear. How frustrating is it that we all sit here trying to diagnose the issue.

Props to everyone for caring enough to apply some logical thought to it though.

Ball bags to DICE for not communicating enough around the issue.
  • ItsGavlar
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the exact opposite 1 frame deaths are back and bullets seem to be going through people. Oh yeah and I seem to be doing 195+ damage to people within a few seconds so not enough time for meds
  • SirTerrible
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ItsGavlar said:
    I have the exact opposite 1 frame deaths are back and bullets seem to be going through people. Oh yeah and I seem to be doing 195+ damage to people within a few seconds so not enough time for meds
    I have never bothered to bullet count so I can't confirm anything but I feel like that's just a glitch in the stats and you didn't really deal that much dmg. I sure hope so at least.