Has the community changed?

ProAssassin2003
3549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I posted on Reddit about how 2 maps are 5 vs 5 only and they should have made them for all modes. The result is I'm being attacked and people are defending the decision for 5vs5 only maps.

So has the Battlefield community changed and is 5 vs 5 what people want? Is this the future for Battlefield?

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And why did you decide to visit that unholy place though?
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1968 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Adding modes like 5v5 or Firestorm are not bad in themselves.  However i guess there is a feeling, probably rightly, that due to the lack of 'core' content, that these modes should not be in the game at the perceived expensive of the core multi player content. If we already had 15 maps and new factions and a big player base then these modes wouldnt be controversial and would probably be welcomed.  As it is the base game is still lacking so these added niche modes feel like a kick in the teeth to many in the 'community' who just arent interested in battle royal or competitive modes
  • ProAssassin2003
    3549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    ProAssassin2003 said:
    I posted on Reddit about how 2 maps are 5 vs 5 only and they should have made them for all modes. The result is I'm being attacked and people are defending the decision for 5vs5 only maps.

So has the Battlefield community changed and is 5 vs 5 what people want? Is this the future for Battlefield?

Reddit is just full of wanna be Youtube Shills, sorry, 'content creators'. Don't forget to like and subscribe, etc, etc..

Yeah and now I know why Battlefield has went downhill since developers like Reddit over Forums. Can't believe how many apologists on Reddit.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care for 5vs5 and firestorm so this content sadly does nothing for me. Maybe they could at least make Dom maps out of them....
  • ElliotLH
    8668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Got a Link?
  • Up2you2011
    77 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definately community has changed....Game Is not Dominated by Campers... Playing PTFO you get punished in every where you go....
    Just turns into a frustrating experience....People more concerned with their KD and their number of kills than winning a game
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

As the community has diminished you are now pretty much just talking to the core players.
    Trouble is the core players struggle with any sort of critical thinking and take anyone bashing the game as the anti christ.

Absolute bollocks. So let's see, dice said they shifted 7 million copies, how many post on reddit and these forums? Only over 100k subs reddit and these forums have little activity - the vocal online posters aren't even a smidgen of the true player base number, nowhere near!!!

Stop exaggerating, just speculation and based on pretty much nothing except imagination.
  • craign82
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The current community just love to moan, end of!
    The amount of threads with people moaning about CC, TOW challenges and skins. 
    Just play the game, nugget!
  • BURGERKRIEG
    961 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any reddit sub has mad zealots defending massive corporate entities to their dying breath. It’s not exclusive to BF.

Forget it.

The trailer is misleading. It makes it look like there’s 5 maps coming to BFV but it’s really 2 in the next 4- 5 months and 1 in Oct.

They never made it clear that 2 where for the 5 vs 5 because that wouldn’t go down well right away.

In reality a 5 vs 5 mode is a hard sell. We all know the odds are stacked against it at this point.

• StarscreamUK
    7339 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I'd hate 5v5 I think. It would remove the chaos of war
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The trailer is misleading. It makes it look like there’s 5 maps coming to BFV but it’s really 2 in the next 4- 5 months and 1 in Oct.

October is in four months, just sayin’.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they don't force the 5vs5 on us for the first installment unlock of a weekly TOW.  Bad enough they usually have one path way being Firestorm or some lame game mode I don't bother with.
  • ElliotLH
    8668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    I hope they don't force the 5vs5 on us for the first installment unlock of a weekly TOW.  Bad enough they usually have one path way being Firestorm or some lame game mode I don't bother with.

Bet you £1 they do.
  • BlankDiplomacy
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 7

No the community hadn’t changed, just the difference between more tactical players and RnG players became more obvious with the last installment. Almost to the point of a civil war.
  • The_BERG_366
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

there's more than black and white. just because some like 5v5 exclusive maps doesn't mean they want 5v5 as the only bf mode. personally I appreciate the introduction of specifically for 5v5 designed maps. however i don't see why those maps shouldn't be extended to a full sized map if the capacities are there to do so. however designing a map specifically for 5v5 yields ways better results than taking full sized maps and adjust them to 5v5. in that sense I really like the idea. it's been a long time since we got maps that were actually build for a smaller mode.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

No the community hadn’t changed, just the difference between more tactical players and RnG players became more obvious with the last installment. Almost to the point of a civil war.
    I think this 'civil war' has always been there, but it has indeed become more pronounced. You demonstrated it yourself with the term 'RnG player'.

We're seeing a lot of pointed terminology being used, such as 'boomer', 'zoomer', 'CoD trash' and so on and so forth. I'm not saying this just to go all "In the good old days ...", but there is a lot more division in regards to this particular topic due to the decisions made in BFV.

Look at Attrition. Those who love it call it's haters things like 'EZ mode players', 'headless chickens', or just straight up children. Those who hate Attrition call it's admirers things like 'milsim boomers' or accuse them of being too old to handle fast paced CQB gameplay.

I wonder what DICE developers themselves think of this ... they've essentially created a scenario where various 'factions' within the community detest one another. This happened to varying extents in BFBC2/BF3/BF4/BFH/BF1, but it seems to have reached an entirely new level here.