Weekly BF

Removal of Frontlines & Dom [megathread]

Comments

• TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    TropicPoison said:

DVT1980 said:

Prep768 wrote: »

zterrans said:

Logged into today to see one of my daily objectives is to score 1000 points in Frontlines.  A mode that is gone.

It's still in GOP'S but agree, but of a slap in the 🥩's

The achievement/trophy is so no longer possible either.

Yes it is as Frontlines is a day for two of the Grand Operations, as Prep pointed out already.

'Grand' operations suck so bad though.

I didn't say otherwise - they do indeed suck. However it is still possible to complete the Hoist the Flag achievement there.

Fair enough. I actually liked frontlines when I was playing but DICE keep giving me reasons not to come back though, repeatedly at that.
  • ElliotLH
    8526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    I actually like grand operations. And so you see different players with different views.

Loved them in BF1 they were actually fun and made sense, they don't make much sense in BFV just different modes thrown together and the first 2 days don't matter at all.

It's fine you like them, but I'm sure the majority that enjoyed them in BF1 like myself think it's pure garbage in BFV and nothing even remotely close to resembling what they were in BF1.
    My sentiments. Loved Ops in BF1 but it's a very confused mode in BFV and lacks any real identity of its own. That is obviously not to say that others can't enjoy it, and I probably should have phrased myself better, but to me Grand Ops suck in BFV. 
  • DVT1980
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DVT1980 said:

zterrans said:

Logged into today to see one of my daily objectives is to score 1000 points in Frontlines.  A mode that is gone.

Yes it is as Frontlines is a day for two of the Grand Operations, as Prep pointed out already.

Thanks I must have missed that.

• ElliotLH
    8526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DVT1980 said:
    DVT1980 said:

zterrans said:

Thanks I must have missed that.

If it helps for when you're checking the browser it looks like it's Day 3 of  'Battle for France' (it'll be Arras for that one) and Day 3 of Raid on Rotterdam (Devastation): https://battlefield.fandom.com/wiki/Grand_Operations
  • TRedDote
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played only domination every bf series. I like bfv but its done for me going to play World War 3. If new bf game doesnt come with domination I will not buying the game its pointless to me.

• I_Debott_I
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone have a clue why Dice removed the modes when they apparently even included them for Mercury? Oo
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone have a clue why Dice removed the modes when they apparently even included them for Mercury? Oo
    Player population issues and trying to consolidate fewer game-modes. 

Well the Mercury game-modes are for 1 week only so they are going too.

Mercury Frontlines is really fun, I miss Frontlines a lot.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know DICE/EA will never give us player numbers seeing as they are so low, but lets at least see the percentages for each mode if they are claiming they are not played. Personally i'd ditch the abysmal mess that is Grand Ops before Frontlines
    How come people can data-mine stuff like new weapons and maps, but no one can ever get data reports leaked? I'd love to have information like which maps cause people to leave servers, which maps have the most lopsided losses, how large is the player base (sorted by month) etc..
    We need a Q-an0n inside DICE to leak us some reports.
    o:) <3 o:) <3
  • ElliotLH
    I know DICE/EA will never give us player numbers seeing as they are so low, but lets at least see the percentages for each mode if they are claiming they are not played. Personally i'd ditch the abysmal mess that is Grand Ops before Frontlines
    How come people can data-mine stuff like new weapons and maps, but no one can ever get data reports leaked? I'd love to have information like which maps cause people to leave servers, which maps have the most lopsided losses, how large is the player base (sorted by month) etc..
    Dice could put this out themselves and they have done similar info-pieces in the past (like how many snowmen were built during the beta). They'd probably consider the examples you've mentioned as for internal use only though.
  • The_BERG_366
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    because new content is in the game files as your PC/console has to work with those assets while your game doesnt need statistics to run, hence its not in the source files. obviously source files are public....kinda (the files are on your pc/console). statistics aren't so you can't data mine them...
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    After playing these for the first time on mercury, I can now see why hardly anybody touched these modes and they got removed out of dedicated servers, they're the most mindless run and gun nonsense I've played yet.

fair enough if you enjoy it but give me firestorm everytime, I enjoy the pace of it, allows for better tactics (sorry but it does, its not even a debate) and the squad play can be great, the tension of one life and you're dead.

Some rounds of FS are just so good and satisfying when you win, dom and front lines (that can go on for what feels like eternity of repetitiveness ) I just feel thank god its over.

• Mensrea831
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree if anything should be removed it should be Firestorm. Completely generic BR mode on a bland map with gunplay and TTK not designed for it's health model. I would be amazed if Firestorm has more players than Domination in BFV.

It tqkes about 5-10 minutes to get a game during prime time in squads....so no....no it is not popular.
  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    will we ever see arras or devastation domination?
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After playing these for the first time on mercury, I can now see why hardly anybody touched these modes and they got removed out of dedicated servers, they're the most mindless run and gun nonsense I've played yet.

fair enough if you enjoy it but give me firestorm everytime, I enjoy the pace of it, allows for better tactics (sorry but it does, its not even a debate) and the squad play can be great, the tension of one life and you're dead.

Some rounds of FS are just so good and satisfying when you win, dom and front lines (that can go on for what feels like eternity of repetitiveness ) I just feel thank god its over.

Isn't that the ultimate goal of BFV? EA wants a fartnite and they're going to have it, one way or another.

Sounds like it's working...
  • Up2you2011
    77 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 8
    See AKA Art one of the better YT Commentators...and not afraid to criticise Dice when need be.

His take on  the reasoning  why Dice removed Frontlines \ Domination is spot on 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUUR7HUE2LA

• I_Debott_I
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Player population issues and trying to consolidate fewer game-modes.
    I know this is the official statement. Only, it doesn't make any sense. At least not to me. :/