high ping

Comments

• WetFishDB
    2078 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 wrote: »
    diagoro wrote: »
    I've started sending messages to high ping players. Most don't realize what's going on. A lot seem to use wifi....
    I’ve used WiFi for years and never had bad ping.

Yeah, a good connection wirelessly doesn’t necessarily mean bad ping. I found wired made a few ms difference, but not much. I did get less packet loss though by going wired.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Xephic_Za said:
    Due to the limited servers in regions, some people have to try else where. I play on EU with 140-170ms, no problem. Git Gud
    https://imgur.com/a/qVAmXkh

• PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recently it has been much worse.  This past week I would play one round at my usual 60-80ish ping.  Then the round ends and the next round my ping somehow skyrocketed to 180-200.  I didn't want to be that guy but I hung in just to see if it would go back down and it did not.  So I quit after 3-4 mins. I joined that server via matchmaker.  I rejoined using matchmaker again, it put me on a different server and I was back to 60-80 usual ping.  This happened on two different days.  Always in the afternoon, Central US.  I am hardlined.  I get 100+ Mb down speeds on my PS4.  It ain't my network.  Guaranteed.  I use this network for business.  It is stable and fast.  

All this resides solely on the shoulders of AWS who EA has contracted for server hosting for BFV.  Name me one other game you play that does this?
  • KrullBorg
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Xephic_Za said:
    Due to the limited servers in regions, some people have to try else where. I play on EU with 140-170ms, no problem. Git Gud

thanks to ruin our matches
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kick at over 70 ping for more than 20 seconds. 
  • KrullBorg
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

70 is too low for kicking; but 100 not
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg said:

Might need to be region to region but on the US servers the majority of players are 30-45 so 70 is well off the norm and you can really tell.  Get insta-killed, look at scoreboard, ping is always 70+
  • KrullBorg
    KrullBorg said:

Might need to be region to region but on the US servers the majority of players are 30-45 so 70 is well off the norm and you can really tell.  Get insta-killed, look at scoreboard, ping is always 70+

in europe the average is lesser, but until ping 100 there aren't so many problems; at least for the other players
  • grrlpurple
    835 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just one player with high or fluctuating ping turns the game into a hateful experience.
  • NLBartmaN
    3606 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg said:
    KrullBorg said:

in europe the average is lesser, but until ping 100 there aren't so many problems; at least for the other players
    A forummember with lots of knowledge on this subject said that 60ms difference is the max, higherthan that and it gets bad.
    So when there are players with under 10ms ping, 60-70ms should be the limit.
  • Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    120-150 is the sweet spot to exploit ones ping for an advantage.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg said:

Agent_Talon said:

70 is about all I get. Not enough servers spread out. There zero in the middle
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Billydoc1 said:
    no worries...they leave anyway bc they can't have a nice gameplay anyway
    Unfortunately that isn't the case, last night I had multiple games with players with pings from 150-250ms who stayed for the whole round.  If EA cared about game quality they would impose a 100ms ping cap, with a few servers set aside for inter-region play for those with overseas friends.  But nobody should be forced into a server where players on other continents bring game-breaking lag with them.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg said:

I get two pings in NA, 25ms on the west coast location, 60ms on the eastern one (and there are way more servers populated in the east).  Friends of mine who live in backward areas like Texas can get pings well over 100ms because of the baling-wire internet they use, although as modern technology slowly spreads they get faster speeds.  I wonder how many Americans know how poor much of the net is in the U.S., and how over-priced compared to parts of the world where the big telecom companies have been forced to really compete?
  • KMAsterisk
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agent_Talon said:

KrullBorg said:

Agent_Talon said:

I get two pings in NA, 25ms on the west coast location, 60ms on the eastern one (and there are way more servers populated in the east).  Friends of mine who live in backward areas like Texas can get pings well over 100ms because of the baling-wire internet they use, although as modern technology slowly spreads they get faster speeds.  I wonder how many Americans know how poor much of the net is in the U.S., and how over-priced compared to parts of the world where the big telecom companies have been forced to really compete?

I would imagine it comes down to whether they play FPS's, or some form of connection sensitive software. Most won't care to notice unless they can't stream Netflix or the latest from The Hub. There's articles out there detailing how John Q gets shafted compared to other countries, but that would require searching for those articles, and ain't no one got time for that when there's memes to be enjoyed.
  • grrlpurple
    835 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I get 28 ping on EU servers and almost every game I am suffering because of other oor players.

Weirdly, I dropped into a US server yesterday with a ping of 90 and the game felt amazing! Hitreg was on point and no one frame deaths. Now tell me that this game doesn't favour higher ping players!
  • NLBartmaN
    3606 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I get 28 ping on EU servers and almost every game I am suffering because of other oor players.

Weirdly, I dropped into a US server yesterday with a ping of 90 and the game felt amazing! Hitreg was on point and no one frame deaths. Now tell me that this game doesn't favour higher ping players!
    It was the only way to get some plane medals and ribbons in BF1.

With fast movement like flying it is impossible to hit other planes when you have below 30ms ping and a couple of players have above 80ms ping.
    Their location on your screen will be miles away from where they are.

When you join US servers as low ping EU player, you will get around 80 to 90ms ping and instant melt other planes even when you don't hit the target, just aim some distance before them and you will get the hits from the server.
  • Trokey66
    8600 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Last night was absolute dog egg!

At least 6 players with 100+ ping and it was almost unplayable (and I don't use that word lightly!).

It seems that the witching hour is around 22:30 - 23:00 when the major influx of OoR players join, before that, it is relatively smooth.

EU(UK) and PS4 by the way.
  • KrullBorg
    edited June 19
    also today a lot of  people with ping > 100 and more... sometimes unplayable.. a lot of teleporters... cmon!!!