Team get bored on a point looking for last enemy and just run off?

BURGERKRIEG
981 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited June 8
I’ve seen this often.

On those large capture points, like on Panzer Storm, the team once they take em and swarm around like ants looking for the last hidden enemy, they often get bored and run off looking for something to do.

Am I supposed to stay behind waiting for the enemy to move or stick with my squad and team as they run off?

Comments

• SirSpectacle
    813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In this kind of situation, you should follow your heart.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In this kind of situation, you should follow your heart.
    Make a thread about it in the forum?
  • Legarhead
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I forgot which map it's on but its flag F ..a huge area with mostly a tall yellow flowers. That a chore to find anybody hiding in it.
  • IIMechatronikII
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Legarhead said:
    I forgot which map it's on but its flag F ..a huge area with mostly a tall yellow flowers. That a chore to find anybody hiding in it.
    Arras
  • Trokey66
    8604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sometimes I could swear blind that the indicator is glitched. Leaving the flag will show it burning again to confirm enemy presence.
  • dayglowfroggy
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I normally end up staying around to try and find them but it often pays off to go to ground rather than fruitless wandering around as they are then forced to go looking for you.
  • dcs500
    1457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What would Jesus do?
  • BURGERKRIEG
    I normally end up staying around to try and find them but it often pays off to go to ground rather than fruitless wandering around as they are then forced to go looking for you.
    The old switch-a-roo!
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I redeploy on the flag as Recon w. Flare Gun in these situations. Ammo up and fire the 2 flares up in opposite directions for maximum area coverage. Usually does the trick. I twiddle my evil moustache and do a 'mwahahahaha' laugh as I sneak up to bash them with a shovel. Only for it not to fully kill them. Then I die because I took a shovel to a gun fight. :s
  • BURGERKRIEG
    I redeploy on the flag as Recon w. Flare Gun in these situations. Ammo up and fire the 2 flares up in opposite directions for maximum area coverage. Usually does the trick. I twiddle my evil moustache and do a 'mwahahahaha' laugh as I sneak up to bash them with a shovel. Only for it not to fully kill them. Then I die because I took a shovel to a gun fight. :s
    That’s a good plan. Guess I’ll have to play scout to unlock that stuff.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    Sometimes I could swear blind that the indicator is glitched. Leaving the flag will show it burning again to confirm enemy presence.
    I have repeatedly seen opposing players spawn at objectives which my team controlled, with no spawn beacon and no teammate to spawn on, and I mean right in front of me.  It seems like there is a sort of delayed-action spawn at times, I don't know how to explain it, but I've seen it too many times to doubt it can happen.
  • trip1ex
    4982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    this is another thing i didn't like about bfv.  too tedious to clear flag zones.  bfv broke that unwritten rule that limited the number of hiding spots in and around a flag zone.

• MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve seen this often.

On those large capture points, like on Panzer Storm, the team once they take em and swarm around like ants looking for the last hidden enemy, they often get bored and run off looking for something to do.

Am I supposed to stay behind waiting for the enemy to move or stick with my squad and team as they run off?

There is that completely useless class that has a gadget which helps detect enemies... But like I've said the class is useless
  • Noodlesocks
    3173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    I have repeatedly seen opposing players spawn at objectives which my team controlled, with no spawn beacon and no teammate to spawn on, and I mean right in front of me.  It seems like there is a sort of delayed-action spawn at times, I don't know how to explain it, but I've seen it too many times to doubt it can happen.
    When a flag is being contested, someone spawning on that flag will be spawned further away. Sometimes it will spawn a player so far away that they're practically spawning on a different flag, even ones that don't belong to their team.
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's a number of reasons for this type of behaviour:

1. Game Score. The game rewards you points for killing enemies, completing orders and taking or defending objectives. If you hang around to kill one enemy and defend the objective, you get next to no points for a single kill and defending an objective takes way too long. For point scoring you're always better to zerg off and destroy the enemy en masse and seize an enemy objective which can be achieved much quicker.

2. Become the Zerg. 32 players swarming a single objective is virtually unstoppable. The only real Defence is for the enemy to also Zerg up. If you're a lone player attempting to defend an objective, you're gonna have a bad day.

3. Boredom. Skulking around an objective looking for a single hidden player is tedious and not what an action game is typically played for. With the netcode and TTD problems currently it'll likely get you killed 9 times out of 10. Particularly when your 1 on 1 becomes 4 on 1 when his buddies suddenly spawn in on him.

4. Excitement. Players want to seek out and engage with the enemy and get into the action. Getting a single camper kill is not that exciting.
  • StealthAria
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    2. Become the Zerg. 32 players swarming a single objective is virtually unstoppable. The only real Defence is for the enemy to also Zerg up. If you're a lone player attempting to defend an objective, you're gonna have a bad day.

MG42 with extended belt works nicely for that problem with the light bolt M1922 being a close second, and don't forget the Turner and M1 carbine for objectives that require a bit more mobility. Nothing beats the rush from holding off the entire enemy team with less than half a squad.