Iwo Jima is coming!

PhantomDJ
157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
They just announced that Iwo Jima is going to part of the Pacific Theatre in BFV!

How awesome is this?  Iwo Jima was one of my absolute favorite maps from BF 1942!

Herse to hoping they don't F it up...

Comments

• xKusagamix
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Follow up with Wake Island would be nice, it's already on Frostbite.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dude said they have 3 maps in the Pacific chapter I think.

That’s cool. Looks like they don’t have any 3D assets ready to show yet.
  • PhantomDJ
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed.  I hope they make it so you can drive the aircraft carriers and destroyers again...
  • mcRen98
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Glad Iwo Jima is confirmed, kinda funny that we are skipping the whole chronology bull and lesser known fronts nonsense that Dice hyped up and then half a**ed. Good to see something like Iwo Jima return, hopefully next they do Wake Island/Philippines and perhaps lesser known fronts like Aleutians
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They said 3 "initial" maps, which is an incredibly strong implication they will have more coming at a later date.  They also mentioned there will be playable ships, as well.
  • maskedocelot
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wondering how cosmetics will work with the new theatre. Like does it get it's own rotation/servers to be more faction specific or do they lob the new maps in with everything else.
  • xKusagamix
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wondering how cosmetics will work with the new theatre. Like does it get it's own rotation/servers to be more faction specific or do they lob the new maps in with everything else.
    It's gonna be faction lock, easy choice to keep the "authentic" feeling while boosting cosmetics sale. 
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wait wait wait. While Iwo Jima is cool but the landing itself happened at the very end of the war. So the whole "chronological order" and stuff don't matter anymore? And Dice is going to release content in based on something else? Is the whole idea of Tides of War no more?
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wait wait wait. While Iwo Jima is cool but the landing itself happened at the very end of the war. So the whole "chronological order" and stuff don't matter anymore? And Dice is going to release content in based on something else? Is the whole idea of Tides of War no more?
    Perhaps needing to rescue the game and provide recognisable locations is taking precedence?
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Air Superiority would be nice addition to the game with Coral Sea

Zeros vs Hellcats
  • mcRen98
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it's either added as a reimagining for the veteran players who recognise from what games they came from for battlefield but potentially yes it's definitely possible they are ditching the chronology nonsense.
  • Jamesonoid
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am curious how they are going to handle the content drop for the Pacific as well. If they release weapons and vehicles through ToW, are they going to release them leading up to the drop of the Pacific, or when it arrives will it be one big dump? 
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone record the stream
  • Jamesonoid
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone record the stream
    No, but you can find it here

• herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They Just showed Artworks.

And since when is Iwo Jima so Green?

They still keep usesing this powerfull colors.
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone record the stream
    No, but you can find it here

Thankyou
  • fragnstein
    854 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

There never was chronological order to begin with. They always said the battlefield would be ever changing, but never said bfv was chronological. Somewhere someone misinterpreted the ever changing battlefield as a chronological order to ww2, and people really like the idea and rolled with it. Prove me wrong and provide a link to this misconception of chronological order
  • FragbaitDax
    223 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They said 3 "initial" maps, which is an incredibly strong implication they will have more coming at a later date.  They also mentioned there will be playable ships, as well.
    Minor correction, the screen shot I saw said Boats, not Ships. This could be meaningful as Boats are smaller craft or Submarines, Ships are much larger. So I'm anticipating things like a Landing Craft perhaps and Patrol Boats. I don't think we'll get the chance to pilot the USS Missouri, unfortunately :smile:
  • BURGERKRIEG
    Minor correction, the screen shot I saw said Boats, not Ships. This could be meaningful as Boats are smaller craft or Submarines, Ships are much larger. So I'm anticipating things like a Landing Craft perhaps and Patrol Boats. I don't think we'll get the chance to pilot the USS Missouri, unfortunately :smile:
    That’s probably what you’ll get. It’s be cool if landing craft had those ramps that drop down but they might be to tricky to implement.
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 had already that landing Ships.