How many people here have actually asked for 5v5?

llPhantom_Limbll
5254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited June 10
I ask this just to make sure people voiced their opinions. because I feel like it's once again a big waste of development time and resources as this "competitive mode" will die as fast as Firestorm did. Mostly because I feel like majority of BF playerbase wants BF experience they used to enjoy in previous games. While these "alien" modes aren't interesting and do not relate to your regular experince in any prior title. These do not seem to work with BF formula where all types of combat is involved on huge maps with many objectives.
Yet Dice once again wants to push something on us. So show us your opinion or idea. It's not like Dice is going to listen but at least people around will hear and count some points of view.
Post edited by llPhantom_Limbll on

Comments

• Trokey66
    8075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To be fair, there are/has been quite a few people who want a 'competitive mode' or at least think BF is/should be competitive.

Just look at all the 'casual' comments, it's at least inferred.

I'll play it for Tow but unless it is ground breaking (doubt it), I'll never play it again, bit like TDM really......

Stil,l those that want it will no doubt enjoy playing a niche game that BF is in danger of becoming.
  • Piotrek1983pm
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I ask this just to make sure people voiced their opinions. because I feel like it's once again a big waste of development time and resources as this "competitive mode" will die as fast as Firestorm did. Mostly because I feel like majority of BF playerbase wants BF experience they used to enjoy in previous games. While these "alien" modes aren't interesting and do not relate to your regular experince in any prior title. These do not seem to work with BF formula where all types of combat is involved on huge maps with many objectives.
    Yet Dice once again wants to push something on us. So give your opinion or idea. It's not like Dice is going to listen but at least people around will hear and count some points of view.
    hi, I completely disagree with you!!! I play a lot and I am missing competitive mode, modes like domination and squad conquest could give me taste of it but not exactly. I am waiting for 5v5 and rental servers so we can see who is good! I dont think many people will play it but all those who love cometition will play. It is a good idea to have mode like this, plus I dont think it takes that much resources.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    705 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Didn't care about Squad Conquest but I really like it now.

Didn't care about Firestorm but I think it's a great mode now.

Bring on the 5v5, the small squad modes  SC 8v8, Firestorm 4 vs everyone play a bit better with V's mechanics than the main large team multiplayer modes. 

I'm definitely intrigued.
  • OskooI_007
    588 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I think EA/DICE wants Battlefield to have an eSports game mode. They better crank the server tickrate up to 120hz and fix the positional/directional audio if they don't want to be laughed off stage.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    if i wanted a competitive 5v5 game i'd play R6s or any game that was designed for this kind of gameplay.
    but in BF? i participated in incursion for a bit and then lost interest very fast and indefinitely simply because  for that there are better and cheaper alternatives then BF
  • Wlnnie-Pooh
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Little reminder about their last 5vs5 attempt:

Been playable for maybe 3 week, retired with shame one year after 'official' release.

Let's see how long this new, highly requested, 5vs5 will stand :trollface:
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    never asked for it, but if the map design actually works for it, I'll try it out... 

I remember that I actually REALLY enjoyed Squad Rush back in BC2, every life counts and it was tactical. 

my nickname used to be just "WizzzeR", but if it wasn't for Squad Rush I wouldn't have stuck with this utterly ridiculously cheesy cringeworthy nickname that I have "Tactical_WizzzeR", and I'll never change it.
  • ElliotLH
    7322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll give it a try but 5v5 isn't something I'd normally go for.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They've done it for marketing and to say "Look, we're releasing 6 new maps for FREE", even though some of those maps are useless maps for a dead mode.
    588 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 10
    Trokey66 said:
    To be fair, there are/has been quite a few people who want a 'competitive mode' or at least think BF is/should be competitive.

Just look at all the 'casual' comments, it's at least inferred.

I'll play it for Tow but unless it is ground breaking (doubt it), I'll never play it again, bit like TDM really......

Stil,l those that want it will no doubt enjoy playing a niche game that BF is in danger of becoming.

did you enjoy domination or frontlines
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1719 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    5v5 would be fine but not at the obvious expense of the core game
  • TheNoobPolice
    1549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like 5v5, 8v8 and other more "competitive" but what I think of simply as more classic tactical FPS modes.

But I'd personally be more interested in it, in a game where the automatic guns didn't feel like crap to shoot.
  • SirBobdk
    3872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not gonna work in a battlefild game imo.
    588 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    game is trash anyway, no skill game.  you take doomination away core fundamentals for getting better at infrantry and practicing with your squad to teach each other who and where will push what flags, who will be medic ect.  All you have is conquest which is no good for getting better at infrantry, its too laid back, and you can't really flank around to flags properly, and you will most likely be killed by a sniper or a tank, because mercury is way to open.

this game will never have any competive players on it.  Only if you bring back dedicated playlist for domination you greedy pigs.

• PtBlankDiplomacy
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 1 main game focused on a gameplay type that is basically the opposite of esports. Battlefield 1 Incursions was the attempt to get the esports crowd into the game. Sure, I'm no gaming industry marketing expert, but expecting the esports players to buy BF1 only to play Incursions is like expecting PUBG/Apex/whatever BR players to buy BF V only to play Firestorm.
    This time around Battlefield (V) is a more sweaty game at its core so maybe it will get a chance to be somewhat popular, maybe even to get some new players into the franchise... If DICE team manages to fix most bugs, makes netcode to work properly and consistently and optimizes the game to the level it could be played without stutters even on modern microwaves... 

• CHAMMOND1992
    999 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Enjoyed close quarters in BF3. I'll probably enjoy 5v5 if done right.
  • Legarhead
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So.... 5 snipers vs 5 snipers?
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yet Dice once again wants to push something on us. So show us your opinion or idea. It's not like Dice is going to listen but at least people around will hear and count some points of view.
    No.
    I did not ask for this, nor Operation Supply Drop in BF1.
    But what I have seen ONE THOUSAND requests for is to address the people being able to snipe/tank from their safe-zone (Spawn area) where there is always an Ammo/Med depot as well as Vehicle Ammo/Repair depot.
    The fix is an easy one, take your pick:
    • Give a timer (just like a player has when he/she enters the other team's safe-zone) just extend it to 1 minute (and once you leave there is no going back in).
    • Put all spawns behind hills or use buildings/houses (Map/Terrain dependent)
    It's too easy to fix.
    Point being: There are a ton of things implemented/removed that no one asked for, while there are things that have been requested for several titles and have been ignored.