Weekly Debrief

Semi-auto Rifles need a buff!

CptDuffy
122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
When you nerfed the semi-auto rifles requiring 4 shots from 100% to kill you completely changed the battlefield and gave snipers a complete run of the place.

I’ve played every iteration of BF I bailed on 4 I’m not gonna lie and I never went back until 1 which I played with dedication until 5. When you nerfed the semi-autos
I left the game after that it was my final straw with balance issues, frame rate and net code issues, lack of content etc it just wasn’t fun after that. COD I left when they started to pay TOO MUCH attention to cry babies (I’m aware of the irony) and they started to constantly change everything gun play related it became annoying.

Now you’re doing a great job at listening and giving us the content we’ve asked for from the beginning. The game is in a half decent state, I mean half decent the net code isn’t right still.

So I came back. I’ve been playing and there’s still no love really I like the semi-autos since COD 2 loved them always have it’s what makes a WW2 game awesome. WW2 was all about rifles, selfloading, semi auto rifles and 4 shots to kill is an absolute wrought.

You need to buff the semi-autos and give them back their teeth. Even give them to the medics whatever or share them throughout the classes.

You’ve got great stuff coming but for the first time in a long time you’ve got COD nipping at your heels so you’d best chop chop

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    5506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 10
    how about no 

The faster firing ones are outperforming full autos in spam fire. The slower firing ones outperform recon SLRs at mid to long range
  • TFBisquit
    1619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game went downhill though, after those sar nerfs for assault. Increased the amount of snipers alright, because players will use what works best for them.
    Same as many other nerfs, weapons become obsolete and you will get killed by weapon xxx all the time. After they nerf that it will be weapon yyy that kills you all the time.
    Dice is still bad in balancing weapons, always were, bfv is just another example of that.
    Oh, and their only fix is to eventually revert several nerfs, so new players wont have a hard time getting into the game.
    Because you know, it's a game, and it's supposed to be fun to play, supposed to be.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1834 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If there were less weapons it would be easier to achieve balance. But what do a lot of players demand- more weapons. I think what has blurred things a lot in BFV is the over prevalence of ARs and the fact that they are not in the same class as SMGs.  If Assault had SMGs and ARs i think it would be easier to balance them - SMGs would be better at close range, ARs would give assaults better mid range ability at the cost of close range. Semi autos would then go to medics which would be better than ARs at mid range, with the faster ROF/lower dmg ones better at closer ranges and slower ROF/higher dmg ones better at mid ranges.
  • Trokey66
    8348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    or deluded

Or both?
  • PtBlankDiplomacy
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol?
    Zh, Selbs, are 2 shot kills from any distance

im guessing you just want to camp out of bounds and have 1 shot kill weapon. get over yourself crybaby
    OP doesn't write about recon's SLRs, he addressees Assault's SARs like G43, Turner SMLE etc. It was all fine by me when SARs were 3 shot kill.
  • Hawxxeye
    5506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lol?

im guessing you just want to camp out of bounds and have 1 shot kill weapon. get over yourself crybaby
    OP doesn't write about recon's SLRs, he addressees Assault's SARs like G43, Turner SMLE etc. It was all fine by me when SARs were 3 shot kill.
    3 shot kill at a smaller time frame than the 2 hit kill of the SLRs and 2 shot kill with headshots included.
  • aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Semis at launch enjoyed way too many advantages. With hip fire perks, detachable mags, instantaneous recoil recovery at full rpm, along with 3x optics, there was little reason to use anything else. They were outstanding at any range.

Now they've been made more fair and are still great weapons.
  • GirlMisfit
    109 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The M1A1 used to be a decent rifle for the game and allowed me to help out my fellow squad mates with assault rifles and support players with MMGs.  Then they required one more hit and it just went down hill from there.  I have tried several times to pick back up the M1A1 and the M44, but it's a struggle to fight back so I switched back to an assault rifle.
  • CptDuffy
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol?

That’s not at all what I’m talking about can you read?? They’re self loading snipers and they have the run of the map I’m talking about the assault class
  • CptDuffy
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    how about no 

The faster firing ones are outperforming full autos in spam fire. The slower firing ones outperform recon SLRs at mid to long range

A habitual sniper would say that
  • CptDuffy
    edited June 11
    Semis at launch enjoyed way too many advantages. With hip fire perks, detachable mags, instantaneous recoil recovery at full rpm, along with 3x optics, there was little reason to use anything else. They were outstanding at any range.

Now they've been made more fair and are still great weapons.

But with this balance we’ve got way more snipers at the edge of the maps not getting involved. What they should have done is nerfed hip fire and close range for semis this would make them an effective weapon for mid range and still push those players into the fight. Now if you use a semi you’ve got to be very careful and hang back quite some distance. They are beaten by every other weapon in every arsenal and not worth using.
  • CptDuffy
    Not sure if serious.

I am mate it’s effected the game play negatively in my opinion. It was a weapon that could fight off a sniper if you were good. If the sniper was good you’d still lose but it’d be a great fun battle. Now taking on a sniper is not worth the hassle if you are better than him he’ll move to cover after the 3rd shot. That’s too much warning. If you’re not good enough to get to cover after 2 shots then you should change tactics not whinge to DICE and have the guns nerfed.
    Look at the weapons. The autos, LMGs and MMGs take 4 shots to kill and their RPMs are way above any semi so how is that balanced correctly??? It gives NO reason to use a semi auto at all. With M1 Garand coming (8 rounds per clip) they either better buff the semis or at least make that weapon 3 shot kills or they may as well throw away a quarter of the play base.

People are sick of being sniped from the edge of the map semis were a good defence now worthless. If you disagree then it’s pretty clear you’re a sniper and not a good one.
  • NLBartmaN
    3292 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with SAR's is 3x scopes without glint, laser accuracy and too open maps, they made the wrong nerf with an extra shot to kill.

Remove the 3x scopes or add glint and make more cover and then I don't care about 3 btk.

Although I prefer a higher TTK overall.
  • Thumper2671
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can safely say with 558 kills with the Gewehr 43 and 395 kills with the Gewehr 1-5, it always felt unfair. Assault weapons, especially semi-auto's do NOT need a "buff". If anything they need more recoil and scope glint. 
  • xKusagamix
    945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 11
    I'm happy that they nerfed the SARs, i would say that even the Gewehr 43 need more nerf, with 3 BTK for a SAR while some of the SLRs with less ammo, more recoil, slower ROF still need mostly 3 BTK. And even in the range that they can kill with 2 shots, the SARs could out DPS them anyway.
  • Hawxxeye
    CptDuffy said:
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    how about no 

A habitual sniper would say that
    Jokes on you my favorite recon setup is the pistol carbine with flares. Sniping bores me out of my mind. I still want balance though instead of assault >>>>> everything

• GrizzGolf
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Semis are mostly 3 shot kills right?
  • Hawxxeye
    GrizzGolf said:
    Semis are mostly 3 shot kills right?
    the g43 and selb 1916 are 3 hit kill wonders yes. With a headshot mixed in they are also 2 hit kill at least to some ranges.
    The more spammy semis at 3 hit kills with that droping at 4 hits on 50m