Removing Prone would improve BFV.

ProAssassin2003
3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Imo this would solve Visibility problems and improve BFV gameplay tremendously. I know it will never happen but this game suffers because of it.

Comments

• YourLocalPlumber
    2790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Remove bipods, and people won't have a reason to go prone.
  • SirTerrible
    1687 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I disliked the lack of prone in the Bad Company games but I have joked about removing prone in BFV with the people I play with because of how much it's being abused by players that can't hang with players that move around the map. Prone is super handy for quickly taking cover to heal or reload so I actually like it but I'd be willing to sacrifice it to nullify the proneboys.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That’s a bridge too far.

Anthony Hopkins is in that.

He really should be DLC.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh of course, remove prone. Then let's remove all the other things that are staple parts of FPS games, but still cause buckets of tears worldwide from people whose egos can't handle dying in a video game.

Dry your goddamn eyes and stop crying for things to be removed. DICE are already removing enough things without crybabies suggesting more. Seriously.

After they take out prone, you'll be gushing waterfalls of tears over people who are crouching. Remove that too, yeah?
    Well crouching is for skill-less scrubs, using cover too, only a noob who can't hang with Team Run n' Gun uses cover.  DICE should also make all the buildings solid, no going inside.  No AP mines of course, and they should consider getting rid of tanks and aircraft as even the best twitch-shooter can't do much against those.  What we really need is something like CS:GO, as stripped down as possible, and isn't everyone looking forward to the 5 v. 5 mode--hope they made the maps really small with nothing big enough to go prone behind.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 11
    CHAMMOND1992
     said:
    You need a cool down on your ability to create new threads.
    I agree. every thread is a complaint. Calm the heck down.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Visibility has never really been an issue for me, maybe the odd mud covered git in a puddle or snow covered enemy.on a rock on Fjell but I usually think that's quite creative and tip my hat for being camo'd.

And prone is a legitimate thing soldiers do IRL so why not have it?

I think people just haven't adapted to the different play style needed this time around, and are running around like headless chickens from flat to flag with zero sense of awareness, which will of course lead to the slower, more tactical players being able to take them out with the means fairly placed at their disposal by DICE.

Adapt. Most of us have and it's fine...
    visibility is a massive issue especially on snow maps and mercury (Devastation is actually better now but just slightly). Narvik I just avoid (yet it was one of my fav maps before the visibility patch), Fjel first B point on breakthrough is notorious to me. I only manage because I know where to expect people and that's not always working to my advantage. Mercury... if dice removed those bushes the map would be so much better, I genuinely can't see anyone that is not moving.

im not gonna mention that somehow I dont see any scope glint 9 out of 10 times on pretty much any map
  • xKusagamix
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Prone has nothing to do with the visibility. Weird graphical setting and objects rendering chosen by DICE in this game with uneven terrain and bushes/tall grass... are the problem.
  • olavafar
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If they should remove something, it should not be prone but supine (which is incorrectly also labelled prone in this game). The whole position is awkward and creates a very unnatural image that is hard to recognize. Also the lateral positions should go. All these 'alternate prone' stances makes it possible to take positions deep into corners, bushes and other structures with a minimal 'footprint'.

Another problem is also the rendering of vegetation around lying players. If you lie down in high grass, for example, it will not bend but grow 'through' you making you quite invisible.
  • VincentNZ
    2671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would absolutely agree that the removal of prone would make the game better, regardless of how they would change the MMGs and Boys.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All that needs to be either removed or nerfed properly is 'prone' on your back.  You should get zero prone benefits for laying on your back.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't like being shot, so I think DICE should remove the guns of all the enemy team. Being shot ruins this game for me and DICE are such noobs for allowing such a feature.
  • NLBartmaN
    3169 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Visibility has never really been an issue for me, maybe the odd mud covered git in a puddle or snow covered enemy.on a rock on Fjell but I usually think that's quite creative and tip my hat for being camo'd.

And prone is a legitimate thing soldiers do IRL so why not have it?

I think people just haven't adapted to the different play style needed this time around, and are running around like headless chickens from flat to flag with zero sense of awareness, which will of course lead to the slower, more tactical players being able to take them out with the means fairly placed at their disposal by DICE.

You are totally right, but the big question is: do the majority of the players like this kind of playing?

Do they think that playstyle is fun?

And even if you (try to) adapt, the game in lots of areas does not match that playstyle.

For twitch shooting and very tactical high risk of instant death gaming everything needs to be smooth, ping limited, good servers, crystal clear and have good sound and BF V is/has none of those things.
  • SirBobdk
    4013 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Except that most of the player base have left the game.