Weekly BF

Kick the Boys AT Rifle out of BFV!

Nightfire95
10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I liked sniping in BFV but the Boys AT rifle totally ruined balance. Normally, if you have skill you go for headshots, which is not that easy but works well with some training. When I am sniping I usually get hit by body shots, which doesn´t kill me but reveal the enemy´s positon. That´s how sniping should work.

With the Boys AT rifle every noob camper can kill me without skill. If they don´t change the one-shot-range to let´s say 10 meters this game is finally dead for me. What do you think about this?

Comments

• TFBisquit
    1707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hm, that's actually a positive part of this weapon. A counter sniper weapon.
  • NuttysKunKs
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well if you play the game as it’s supposed to be played their not much of a problem. Why?

Because you have a squad. Granted 90% of the player base aren’t aware but for the ones who are someone prone who can’t fire the gun standing with a rate of 33rpm ain’t that hard to get rid of.

But the game is mostly full of people wanting to do their own thing instead of work together.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    Hm, that's actually a positive part of this weapon. A counter sniper weapon.
    do snipers need a counter? I mean there other sniper weapons + laser bipods and Laser SLRs
  • BlazrOne
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Counter sniping all the boys users is the most fun i’m having right now in bf v.
  • GeorgyRommel
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Boys is great for clearing out the snipers that prowl the back flags on Aerodrome. What should I do? Keep letting them kill me or try to kill them?

• CSO7777
    1287 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not a big issue. You still get killed far more often by other weapons (that are more effective over-all).

But the easy one-kill is perhaps a bad direction of the game in general. Even though it's balanced by rate of fire and range, it is still kind of dumb and only makes the camping "problem" worse.

But we got V1's as well and they are awful as well (for balance). The game would probably be better without them.

Fundamentally BF-games will never be balanced very well, we also have bombers and vehicles and they are still a part of BF (even though balance is better in BFV than BF1 / BF4).

But the problem is what will be next, are one-hit-weapons a new "path" Dice will follow in the future?
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have been killed by BoysAT maybe 5 times since it’s been released.
    In that period I’ve been ohk by Piat, Faust, rifle grenade, revolver, shotgun, And those pistol grenade things maybe 40 times each.
    So sure. Kick out the Boys. But kick all those other no skill spam weapons out first.
    Btw. Have you tried using it?
    It’s god aweful.
    I’ve got about 5 kills with mine. In about 40 shots. It’s hands down the worst gun to use...
    Every boys gunner that’s killed me has bee immediately killed by my team or I’ve hunted the down and killed them myself.
  • Nightfire95
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 11
    My sniper stats (which is also representative of the sniper duels I win) are among the best 0.1% of the world... so yes, I´m definitly a noob who doesn´t know what he´s talking about. Obviously noobs and less skilled snipers like the gun because they can´t get a kill with a sniper rifle otherwise. The skilled played are the ones who suffer from this gun. For me that´s not the way a game should work.

And to everyone who says that you need that counter-sniper weapon: Why don´t you use a normal sniper rifle? Are you not able to get a headshot with it?

Anyways, thanks for your answers.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 11
    "The skilled suffer"

Right because we are totally having a hard time with them right now. *eyeroll*

Speak for yourself and only yourself.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s a terrible choice to implement such a weapon right now.

Clearly it annoys the hell out of people and it further encourages players that sit at map edges.

• marcanthony421
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its annoying, sweetspot shouldve stayed in bf1. Yes i understand its an anti material gun, but this is a game not a simulator. But dice wants noobs to have as much of a chance as skilled players(like fortnite) which gives both types of players a headache.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13261 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Its annoying, sweetspot shouldve stayed in bf1. Yes i understand its an anti material gun, but this is a game not a simulator. But dice wants noobs to have as much of a chance as skilled players(like fortnite) which gives both types of players a headache.
    Sweetspot is not in BFV..  at all.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    marcanthony421 said:

I think he's calling the boys a sweet spot.
  • sabootheshaman
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:
    marcanthony421 said:

A joke just waiting to be snapped up...

In all seriousness, Damage drop off is likely what he's thinking of and in my mind it's fine. The fad is dwindling down already. 

I though that maybe it could be dropped to 70 metres though. TBH, since they fixed AP rounds I have started to ping armour more also. Killed 2 tigers in 1 round last night. Yes I got lucky but I have been wondering whether theirs a multiplier been set when the tanks are low on health for the Boys.
  • KMAsterisk
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The grief a 22/26rpm weapon that generally requires the bipod to be deployed generate on the forum is astounding. Is this a PC aimbot grievance, or where are these servers with people which run rampant benefiting nemesis'ing the OPs of these types of threads? The AT seems to be the type of gun you may die to a few times in a fluke round, then not at all for several rounds.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13261 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The grief a 22/26rpm weapon that generally requires the bipod to be deployed generate on the forum is astounding. Is this a PC aimbot grievance, or where are these servers with people which run rampant benefiting nemesis'ing the OPs of these types of threads? The AT seems to be the type of gun you may die to a few times in a fluke round, then not at all for several rounds.
    I think it's just because a lot of users are using it more to level it up so people are getting killed by it more frequently..  It'll drop off soon enough when the next weapon hits us via Tides Of War.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:
    marcanthony421 said:

No fair, he kicked me in the "boys"
    ===
    PS: The new nickname for this weapon is the Boys @ Rifle.
    Everyone is welcome to use it.

• xKusagamix
    988 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 12
    Got it to level 10, fully golden my BOYS. Never gonna use it again, it's fun to get some cheap kills and [annoy people] but then if you're even an average player like me, you should already know by now there are crap load of weapons in this game are by far better at getting kills without sitting duck with a lousy noise and slow ROF. Even the BARs work better than this meme gun.