Taking sniper measures is a problem

Comments

• VRtroper
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @EA @ DICE you have made a serious mistake. If we remember BF1942 there was assault, bazoka, doctor, engineer and sniper.

BFV you should add a class (BAzoka Assault) as in bf1942 to alleviate the BFV ASSAULT that looks like an ACTION MAN

It would remain as follows;

- Assault
    - Bazoka
    - Doctor
    - Support / engineer
    - Sniper
  • sabootheshaman
    1040 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VRtroper wrote: »
    StormSaxon said:

jscousertommy wrote: »
    Or just one per squad must be able to be done.

Fair. But same must be done to other classes.

1 assault per squad.

1 support.

1 medic.

It's a good idea friend

Yes, let’s tell people what class to play on a game they paid for.
  • DingoKillr
    3507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon said:

1 assault per squad.

1 support.

1 medic.

It's a good idea friend

It would not be an issue if the classes primary weapons could compete at multi range. Then being stuck with Recon or Medic would not be such hassle on some maps.

But then you would need to read all the threads about why can't I play Assault. Just like all the guys that want to go back to pre-selected vehicles how many threads suggested changes to vehicle types in BF3/4.
  • sabootheshaman
    1040 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    StormSaxon said:

1 assault per squad.

1 support.

1 medic.

It's a good idea friend

It would not be an issue if the classes primary weapons could compete at multi range. Then being stuck with Recon or Medic would not be such hassle on some maps.

But then you would need to read all the threads about why can't I play Assault. Just like all the guys that want to go back to pre-selected vehicles how many threads suggested changes to vehicle types in BF3/4.

It’s a class based shooter. People pay to play. The idea is ridiculous at best.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12834 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited June 10

I agree.

If people are to be forced to play in only one way,  Or in a specific way,  People will just mosey on to the next shooter that isn't as restrictive.

It would hurt the game,  And possibly the future of the franchise too.

"whoa.. You HAVE to play in this way?..  Na man..  I'm just going to play *insert every other past / present / future generic shooter title here*  instead,  At least that isn't restricting how I play"
  • StormSaxon
    642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon said:

1 assault per squad.

1 support.

1 medic.

It's a good idea friend

StormSaxon said:

1 assault per squad.

1 support.

1 medic.

It's a good idea friend

Well for the record, I don’t think that. I think the opposite of that.
    My point being IF you limit the classes, then all classes should be limited to 25%. Equal.
    Singling out one class for some limitation is petty.

But generally I think everyone should play which ever class they like. Personally I find it odd to only ever play one class, as each class is useful in certain game modes or situations and useless in others. Attacking on ticket based game modes, you need medics, a sniper is going to be less handy. Defending though I’d take sniper or support. If I stuck to always using the same thing, at least some of the time I’m going to be a liability.

Sniping is not an issue for me, I’m mostly killed by snipers when I myself am sniping. When I play as other classes I am mostly killed by ARs, SMGs or faust/piat noob tubes.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VRtroper said:
    @EA @ DICE you have made a serious mistake. If we remember BF1942 there was assault, bazoka, doctor, engineer and sniper.

BFV you should add a class (BAzoka Assault) as in bf1942 to alleviate the BFV ASSAULT that looks like an ACTION MAN

- Assault
    - Bazoka
    - Doctor
    - Support / engineer
    - Sniper
    This is actually a good suggestion. I still do not understand why one class has the best anti-infantry and anti-tank capabilities without any downsides.
  • Hawxxeye
    5343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VRtroper said:

- Assault
    - Bazoka
    - Doctor
    - Support / engineer
    - Sniper
    This is actually a good suggestion. I still do not understand why one class has the best anti-infantry and anti-tank capabilities without any downsides.
    And most of the anti tank capabilities also double as anti infantry capabilities.
  • sabootheshaman
    Hawxxeye said:
    VRtroper said:

- Assault
    - Bazoka
    - Doctor
    - Support / engineer
    - Sniper
    And most of the anti tank capabilities also double as anti infantry capabilities.
    I miss BF2 classes.
  • DingoKillr
    3507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon said:

1 assault per squad.

1 support.

1 medic.

It's a good idea friend

How is BFV a class based shooter when 2 classes have greater flexibility in range compared to the others. As for ridiculous that is quite funny, when so many claim to love BF4 which provide every class flexibility for any range. 
  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 11
    The only solution is to remove the class altogether, it's pretty worthless anyway. Spotting? Decent to good players don't need spotting. In Battlefield 3 & 4 they could spot and lock onto vehicles which made them pretty darn useful. 

Months back I gave suggestions on making the class better such as giving the ability to use the mortar strike like Bad Company 2 to destroy tanks but people scuffed and complained.

Just remove the class. It's not needed. 
  • VRtroper
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I agree.

If people are to be forced to play in only one way,  Or in a specific way,  People will just mosey on to the next shooter that isn't as restrictive.

"whoa.. You HAVE to play in this way?..  Na man..  I'm just going to play *insert every other past / present / future generic shooter title here*  instead,  At least that isn't restricting how I play"
    The franchise is already damaged

Battlefield has grown thanks to bf1942 people do not remember it because many have started playing in Battlefield 3.

The veterans who bought BF1942 in 2002 want the same game and not a battlefield full of super heroes with long-range sights, factions with the same weapons, factions with more than 20% snipers.
  • V4NILLABE4R
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Y'all clowns.
    Remove the class?
    Limit to one per squad?
    Limit amount per server?
    Nerf the terrible ROF gun so they never get a second shot and you can escape?
    People doing this aren't "playing"?

People paid the same amount for the game as you, and decide what class, what weapon, and what play style they damn well want. Who do you think you are demanding anything otherwise??
    Maybe these snipers are pissed that you bozos run around like lunatics in circles, and want to nerf the sprint speed, or make silly suggestions like you cant cap a flag unless you're standing up so they have a better target?
    See, it's silly right? But that is exactly how you sound.

It IS about adapting, and if you're team consists of lots, just carry on. Chances are as per some posts, the enemy team will have an equal amount, so you flag cappers can still equally battle it out at close / medium range.

If anything theres less mayhem close quarters which gives you more chance to win objectives.
  • sabootheshaman
    VRtroper said:

I agree.

Battlefield has grown thanks to bf1942 people do not remember it because many have started playing in Battlefield 3.

The veterans who bought BF1942 in 2002 want the same game and not a battlefield full of super heroes with long-range sights, factions with the same weapons, factions with more than 20% snipers.
    Stop pushing your opinion as speaking for everyone who played 1942. For one its not true as I played 42, secondly just because you did, does not make your opinion/desires more valid. 

Also, your comments about "super heroes" are funny. I remember wing walking a lot in 1942, thats how real it was.
  • sabootheshaman
    StormSaxon said:

1 assault per squad.

1 support.

1 medic.

It's a good idea friend

How is BFV a class based shooter when 2 classes have greater flexibility in range compared to the others. As for ridiculous that is quite funny, when so many claim to love BF4 which provide every class flexibility for any range. 
    The ridiculousness is forcing people to play a class they don't want to. And yes it's a class based shooter.
  • VRtroper
    VRtroper said:

I agree.

Stop pushing your opinion as speaking for everyone who played 1942. For one its not true as I played 42, secondly just because you did, does not make your opinion/desires more valid. 

Also, your comments about "super heroes" are funny. I remember wing walking a lot in 1942, thats how real it was.
    In this forum everyone can express their opinion and try to help improve bfv. My opinion is as valid as yours, I have competed professionally in bf1942 with x6tence and I contribute my experiences to help.

You try to help improve and do not try to damage the image of users who want to improve this game.

@EA or @Dice will decide freely how to develop the game without paying attention to people's cries, since 2002.

Respect everyone's opinions and you will be respected.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12834 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    VRtroper said:
    In this forum everyone can express their opinion and try to help improve bfv. My opinion is as valid as yours, I have competed professionally in bf1942 with x6tence and I contribute my experiences to help.

Whilst this is true,  Suggesting to remove a class,  Or make the class vastly different than it is now,  Doesn't really solve anything.

Scout class could have all the bolt actions removed in favour of SLR's and they will still be a long way from objectives picking players off,  Because people now have the understanding of the class and it's use..

To spot ( spotting flares / Scopes ),  To provide spawnpoints behind enemy lines or between flags in a not so well traversed area,  And to engage at long range,  That is their strengths.

To remove any of those would be to remove an integral part of battlefield,  BF1942 had snipers,  BF2 had snipers,  BF1943 had snipers,  Bad company 1 and 2 had snipers,  As did BF3,  BF4,  BF Hardline,  BF1 and now BFV.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do you guys ever think about why people use snipers? It's not a fun class, you have to be at an almost perfect distance to use them effectively. Most of the guns only have 5 bullets in a clip and little ammo. Slow reload animations too. I think most people use them because they constantly loose gun on gun battles at close range. If the net code and latency have me bent over, loosing CQ gun fights even when I get the jump on someone, I switch to recon to put distance between me and the enemy to give me a better chance at survival.

Now I'm not saying everyone does this but I'm pretty sure I'm not alone because I've seen matches where my team has been pushed back to our base and everyone switches to snipers.

The net code and OOR player issues need to be addressed first.

• sabootheshaman
    DJTN1 said:
    Do you guys ever think about why people use snipers? It's not a fun class, you have to be at an almost perfect distance to use them effectively. Most of the guns only have 5 bullets in a clip and little ammo. Slow reload animations too. I think most people use them because they constantly loose gun on gun battles at close range. If the net code and latency have me bent over, loosing CQ gun fights even when I get the jump on someone, I switch to recon to put distance between me and the enemy to give me a better chance at survival.

Now I'm not saying everyone does this but I'm pretty sure I'm not alone because I've seen matches where my team has been pushed back to our base and everyone switches to snipers.

The net code and OOR player issues need to be addressed first.

Do you really think this? I definitely choose it because sometimes I feel like playing that kit. I feel when I play it, it helps improve my accuracy because I get punished for missing. I also play as aggressive recon. The spotting flare allows me to get lots of melee kills which I kind of pride myself on. :)
  • StormSaxon
    642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 14
    People switch to sniper during a spawn “unwilling penetration” as usually the enemy, or large numbers of it are set up and camping all around the spawn zone, and for anyone to try and break out means running into the countless snipers, bipods, mines and noob tube spam waiting for them. So you switch to sniper, and pick off all the campers and snipers. Usually this happens at the point of no return... it’s understandable. Why do what your opponent wants... the game is pretty much done, so try and claim some kills from the spawn campers.

Sniping with bad netcode is even harder than sniping in good times. I find with bad netcode, taking high RoF guns or shotguns and getting in close is better than trying anything long range. So no, if anything I’d say it’s more of a Sign they’ve given up trying to win than anything else.

But most of the time I use sniper as it’s fun AND I’m trying to complete sniper/bolt action assignments.