BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

Comments

• Juanicee
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Am I the only one who gets insta-killed as soon as I see an enemy? Not even time to blink. Idk if its the connection or maybe everyone is using cheats.

The guy who plays with me says the same thing, and we are decent players, top 5 in almost every match.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Juanicee said:
    Am I the only one who gets insta-killed as soon as I see an enemy? Not even time to blink. Idk if its the connection or maybe everyone is using cheats.

The guy who plays with me says the same thing, and we are decent players, top 5 in almost every match.
    How are you top 5 if you die as often as you say?
  • TyroneLoyd
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Juanicee said:

I always challenge those type of claims.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the ttk/ttd is just frustrating a lot of players. Me included, I'm not a fan that or the bigger hitboxes. 

But they did make some improvements to the experience with the Press E on someone to get their supply if they have a supply crate. The attrition was something I wasn't a fan of. I hope with the next battlefield The ttk and TTD feel in tune with each other. I'm in favor of a higher ttk, but not too high.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wrong. A major part is lack of content, whether its, rank, medals, maps, skins and so on.
    I disagree with this, because this game was pretty much DOA. That has nothing to do with ranks, medals, maps, skins and so forth. The game wasn't even out for a month before people stopped playing it. By december/January, people stopped playing. some didn't even reach level 50. Some dedicated people that you'd see regularly on BF1 that has  lvl  150 didn't even reach level 50 on bf5 before they called it quits
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Juanicee said:

could have 30+kills and 10-15 deaths, happens quite a lot to me
  • Kattegat_Twin
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MatthewSkeet said:could have 30+kills and 10-15 deaths, happens quite a lot to me

But if you have 30+ kills then you aren't "getting insta-killed as soon as you see an enemy."

• BURGERKRIEG
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    I just feel like people have the awareness level of a freaking brick in most recent bf games. Which makes complaints about camping and snipers being op exacerbated. It's sad to people watch in spectator mode sometimes.
    Having no footsteps and too late seeing of enemies (because of poor netcode, poor servers, 30 Hz tick rate and OOR high pingers) and very poor visibility on console with TV makes it very hard to be aware of anything ... you won't see or hear enemies until you are dead.
    After playing the game more extensively I think that the the majority of the visibility issues are by design. The gameplay is built on a cover based, hide and seek, out-flanking framework. That would account for the rendering changes in this iteration of BF. I think this is better suited to being played close up on a high quality monitor.

The audio does work well...if you have a surround sound headset.

I imagine this game, it’s pacing, it’s game play style, would work much better on PC and would resonate with that audience.

The mini map and spotting are essentially assists to allow players who aren’t extremely familiar with a map or on a traditional console set up to easily “read” what’s happening at their location at a glance, without needing to interpret audio and visual information from the surrounding environment.

There’s a good game in BFV but I’m not sure it works across all platforms.
  • NLBartmaN
    3192 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It is more than clear the game is build for and tested on PC only.

I have no doubt the game feels , looks and plays a lot better on PC.

There has been little to no optimization for console, which is strange, since that is the largest group of buyers/players ...
  • Kattegat_Twin
    edited June 12
    NLBartmaN said:

There has been little to no optimization for console, which is strange, since that is the largest group of buyers/players ...
    I haven't played the console versions, but yeah, in my experience the PC version is smooth and does play well. I'm not seeing these "netcode" issues that everyone is bleating on about. I owned BF3 and 4 on both 360 and PC (BF4 on PS4 as well, simply because a load of friends have it on that console), and the PC versions were vastly superior, so I don't doubt it's the same deal here.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That's exactly the point, the Battlefield player base grew exponentially over the last decade, especially with BF1. The 'Tactical' experience isn't what the current player base are used to or apparently want and so are leaving or not even buying the game. 
    V has been in decline virtually since launch.

Edit- Completely forgot, they're introducing the server programme. Hopefully it will be sophisticated enough to allow people to tailor V to their tastes and at least stop haemorrhaging players.

• PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tactical?   That's funny.  There is nothing tactical about BF5.  When they made the ticket = kill the goal of the game all tactics are gone.  There is no objective.  it is arbitrary.  Capturing flags doesn't mean jack.
    Remember in 4 when you had to hold a majority for kills to count as tickets?  That is how modes should work.  Then give them hardcore mode and TDM for the ticket = kill modes.  Main modes should be 100% objective based.  
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1093 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:
    Wrong. A major part is lack of content, whether its, rank, medals, maps, skins and so on.
    I disagree with this, because this game was pretty much DOA. That has nothing to do with ranks, medals, maps, skins and so forth. The game wasn't even out for a month before people stopped playing it. By december/January, people stopped playing. some didn't even reach level 50. Some dedicated people that you'd see regularly on BF1 that has  lvl  150 didn't even reach level 50 on bf5 before they called it quits
    Game came out with tons of bugs, and little content. To say that it had nothing to do with people leaving is ridiculous. Rank for both classes and career were quick to max out, very little to spend CC on,  game was an unbalanced mess (more of) and what medals?  People getting a new  Battlefield game, then going back to the previous Battlefield game means absolutely nothing, especially given BF4/3 players said the same of BF1. 
  • BURGERKRIEG
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 12
    NLBartmaN said:

I haven't played the console versions, but yeah, in my experience the PC version is smooth and does play well. I'm not seeing these "netcode" issues that everyone is bleating on about. I owned BF3 and 4 on both 360 and PC (BF4 on PS4 as well, simply because a load of friends have it on that console), and the PC versions were vastly superior, so I don't doubt it's the same deal here.
    PC will always have the superior hardware and the game from a technical standpoint will always look and run better on a decent PC. That’s for sure.

I think games like BF4 and 3 worked much better from a gameplay perspective across platforms because of their game mechanics.

BFV is a much more focused on being a tactical shooter, which we all know can work on console too, however it’s not working here for some reason. Perhaps it’s the engagement distances? In BF they are often huge. Unlike something like R6Siege. If a player is more than 90 cm from their TV that’s going to be a problem.
  • Pelliy
    Pelliy said:

CHAMMOND1992 said:

Game came out with tons of bugs, and little content. To say that it had nothing to do with people leaving is ridiculous. Rank for both classes and career were quick to max out, very little to spend CC on,  game was an unbalanced mess (more of) and what medals?  People getting a new  Battlefield game, then going back to the previous Battlefield game means absolutely nothing, especially given BF4/3 players said the same of BF1. 

I doubt a significant portion of people play for medals, ranks, and so forth. Since you're making the class, you have to provide the evidence to substantiate it

If you go back to previous battlefields and look at achievements, most people do not even complete them.

Ranking of arbitrary. People do not stop playing because they reached level 50. That by notion, more people will play because it's getting increased to 500!

Sorry, but that's not going to happen. A small uptick might happen but this bf fell on it's face, due to a plethora of issues but map design, attrition, visibility and ttk/TTD being the key issues.

You die quick to things you can't see, you die quick to things you can't see and you can't fully heal. You die quick and don't know from where which frustrate players (kill cam was added but still inconsistent)