Kick the Boys AT Rifle out of BFV!

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    12023 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @xKusagamix
    Swearing isn't allowed,  even if it is mild,  It still violates the rules.
  • xKusagamix
    808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @xKusagamix
    Swearing isn't allowed,  even if it is mild,  It still violates the rules.
    Thank for editing my post.
  • Player_rs688is9
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its a stupid weapon that Never should been put in the game But...i see them as small pissants, annoying but They are quite easy to kill when your in a squad, there are far worse things in the game like the grenade rifle and mmgs...
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1653 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its definitely mode dependent but in Breakthrough  the Boys is definitely highly prevalent at the moment.  As for the statement that the sweetspot is gone, really?. Sweetspot was a range in which a given weapon was OHK, so whats the difference with the Boys being OHK up to around 100meters? If thats not effectively a sweetspot then i dont know what is.
  • Nightfire95
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    All right here is where I will call shenanigans.
    Nightfire95, you are an impressive  4+ k/d player yet you apparently have issues with a clunky meme gun that fewer and fewer people use now that any hype revolving around it has died down.
    Why do you take issues with an insanely slow firing weapon that need to be  bipoded to ADS having some decent OHK range when the game is full of things like 
    This
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_AfTaM3ONM
    and this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm1kJ_ttciE
    and this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j3pVJqpVhM
    There is an entire class called assault filled with cheezy low TTK and low skill-high reward weapons and explosives that have many times the killing potential of the Boys AT rifle and none of the restrictions other than not having infinite ammo.
    You really need to reconsider what is killing you the most cause it sure as heck it is not the Boys.
    Sorry if I blew my top here a bit but I felt like I saw in the words of the OP part of the reason that recon/scout is a mediocre at best class and all the real power is stacked on assault.
    Thank you for your serious answer.
    To clarify, I tried this gun once and I know it is bad so I dont use it. However, yesterday I played frontlines on Mercury and one-third of my deaths resulted from campers with spawn beacons who layed somewhere in the grass with the Boys AT on the side of the map or behind me. With a normal sniper rifle they either hit my head which is extremly hard because I´m moving a lot, or, what happens most of the time, they hit me in the body which gives me time to react and kill them.

I didn´t play the game much lately but I hope you´re right and less people will use this gun.

Its a stupid weapon that Never should been put in the game But...i see them as small pissants, annoying but They are quite easy to kill when your in a squad, there are far worse things in the game like the grenade rifle and mmgs...
    They are extremely easy to kill, but not if they are shooting you from the side or from behind, thats what bothering me so much.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1653 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They are easy to kill, but not if they have OHK you first.
  • Hawxxeye
    4761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 12
    Hawxxeye said:
    All right here is where I will call shenanigans.
    Nightfire95, you are an impressive  4+ k/d player yet you apparently have issues with a clunky meme gun that fewer and fewer people use now that any hype revolving around it has died down.
    Why do you take issues with an insanely slow firing weapon that need to be  bipoded to ADS having some decent OHK range when the game is full of things like 
    This
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_AfTaM3ONM
    and this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm1kJ_ttciE
    and this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j3pVJqpVhM
    There is an entire class called assault filled with cheezy low TTK and low skill-high reward weapons and explosives that have many times the killing potential of the Boys AT rifle and none of the restrictions other than not having infinite ammo.
    You really need to reconsider what is killing you the most cause it sure as heck it is not the Boys.
    Sorry if I blew my top here a bit but I felt like I saw in the words of the OP part of the reason that recon/scout is a mediocre at best class and all the real power is stacked on assault.
    Thank you for your serious answer.
    To clarify, I tried this gun once and I know it is bad so I dont use it. However, yesterday I played frontlines on Mercury and one-third of my deaths resulted from campers with spawn beacons who layed somewhere in the grass with the Boys AT on the side of the map or behind me. With a normal sniper rifle they either hit my head which is extremly hard because I´m moving a lot, or, what happens most of the time, they hit me in the body which gives me time to react and kill them.

I didn´t play the game much lately but I hope you´re right and less people will use this gun.

They are extremely easy to kill, but not if they are shooting you from the side or from behind, thats what bothering me so much.
    Above all else, the boys AT rifle users quickly realize that they are free headshots to every regular sniper out there, especially if that guy is more than 100m away. The semis can also kill them before they have a chance to escape or shoot back.
    It is a novelty that will die out, soon the only people who will feel the AT rifles are tanks who get scratched by AT rifles while they are busy with another threat.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    The Boys is great for clearing out the snipers that prowl the back flags on Aerodrome. What should I do? Keep letting them kill me or try to kill them?

Is it clearing them out on Mercury yet or is it a team up of the two?
    I played Mercury 4 or 5 times and quit because that’s all that map is to me...snipefest.
  • sabootheshaman
    549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Boys is great for clearing out the snipers that prowl the back flags on Aerodrome. What should I do? Keep letting them kill me or try to kill them?

Is it clearing them out on Mercury yet or is it a team up of the two?
    I played Mercury 4 or 5 times and quit because that’s all that map is to me...snipefest.

Squad up + m1897 + that ridge line above b = profit
  • Agent_Talon
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the Boys but it's really easy to counter as another Recon.  Sit at 100+ and just head shot them.  They can't 1 shot you without a head shot and they can't move.  Meanwhile you can basically run around like a madman with perfect accuracy and drop them with more consistent HS range. 

If you are playing recon without the Boys and having trouble with Boys users you need to git gud ASAP. 
  • CloneTrooperCT
    215 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That AT rifle need a limit per team. Like 4 in total.
  • tempo_rarity
    960 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I still think the loudest Boys complaints comes from those who (used to) liked to just turn around and aim at whoever just foolishly wounded them for their own lightning-quick Kill .
    It's supposed to be an anti-tank type of weapon but mostly it's an anti-blindly-running-around type of weapon .
    Ironically , firing it for a Kill makes the user run , or at least it should  :tongue:
  • Anadunae
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. The ability to one shot someone from so far away without a headshot seems unreasonable. It isn't fun to be on the receiving end either as you instantly die to not necessarily even a well-placed shot.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    An instant kill shot needs to be earned via a high degree of skill. 

When it’s not, no matter the pros and cons of reload speed etc it causes the player on the receiving end frustration.

Saying “I just do this in that situation...” doesn’t change that.

From a design point of view it just stinks up the game. It an unpleasant cheese weapon they knew would sell. It has nothing to do with adding anything of worth to the gameplay.
  • ElliotLH
    6797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anadunae wrote: »
    I agree. The ability to one shot someone from so far away without a headshot seems unreasonable. It isn't fun to be on the receiving end either as you instantly die to not necessarily even a well-placed shot.

100m really isn't that far away tbh.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

It's not even remotely far.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    ElliotLH said:

On many maps and modes 100m is plenty
  • Talonhawkes
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 12
    I like it . I suck at this game but I have fun . I use it to **** off guys in tanks . even tho they kill me more than once i come right back at them . I managed to disable tracks on a tank the other day took 5 shots but it happened . . I took out one of those guys who like to run over people in there motor vehicles with 2 hits the other day . that's is an awesome thing to be able to do . sooo if takeing 4 shots at another sniper who doesn't see you before you figure out the bullet drop on these babies why should my fun gun be punished for it killing him right away .I've been killed way more times than not for missing . sorry my 2 cents .. I already said I suck at this game so please save the insults .