Semi-auto Rifles need a buff!

Comments

• MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    GrizzGolf said:
    Semis are mostly 3 shot kills right?
    the g43 and selb 1916 are 3 hit kill wonders yes. With a headshot mixed in they are also 2 hit kill at least to some ranges.
    The more spammy semis at 3 hit kills with that droping at 4 hits on 50m
    thought selb was 2 hit kill? are we talking about SRL's for assault or recon?
  • ElliotLH
    8170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

GrizzGolf said:
    Semis are mostly 3 shot kills right?

the g43 and selb 1916 are 3 hit kill wonders yes. With a headshot mixed in they are also 2 hit kill at least to some ranges.
    The more spammy semis at 3 hit kills with that droping at 4 hits on 50m

thought selb was 2 hit kill? are we talking about SRL's for assault or recon?

Selby 1906 is 2HK, Selby 1916 is 3HK (body shots).

TC said they were talking about assault class with this thread.
  • bran1986
    5654 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They need spread, they are still hilariously broken.
  • CptDuffy
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    I'm happy that they nerfed the SARs, i would say that even the Gewehr 43 need more nerf, with 3 BTK for a SAR while some of the SLRs with less ammo, more recoil, slower ROF still need mostly 3 BTK. And even in the range that they can kill with 2 shots, the SARs could out DPS them anyway.

No mate it’s become a snipers paradise out there. There is waaaay more snipers skirting objectives now than ever and the SAR were the only thing that used to compete.
    If you’re a sniper or any soldier you get hit once react and move positions with 3 shots you’ve got plenty of time and if you don’t it should be bad luck but noooooo cry babies had to cry and now the game has become a sniper fest
  • NLBartmaN
    3173 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CptDuffy said:
    I'm happy that they nerfed the SARs, i would say that even the Gewehr 43 need more nerf, with 3 BTK for a SAR while some of the SLRs with less ammo, more recoil, slower ROF still need mostly 3 BTK. And even in the range that they can kill with 2 shots, the SARs could out DPS them anyway.

No mate it’s become a snipers paradise out there. There is waaaay more snipers skirting objectives now than ever and the SAR were the only thing that used to compete.
    If you’re a sniper or any soldier you get hit once react and move positions with 3 shots you’ve got plenty of time and if you don’t it should be bad luck but noooooo cry babies had to cry and now the game has become a sniper fest
    Not sure if serious ... 
    With the current TTK, 30Hz (console) poor servers and TTD bug there is no moving when you are hit, you instantly die (when you have a decent connection).

Snipers are no issue at all, maybe 1 in 100 snipers is capable of making a HS on a moving target (on console).
    If you start to prone or camp or don't use smoke, then you are an easy target for a sniper.

There are far more players using the 3x scopes WITHOUT glint than there are snipers (although 3x scope basically is sniping ...).

The only thing that can fix this "problem" is more cover in maps, higher TTK, removal of attrition (so players slowly fully heal up after being shot by a sniper) and removal of 3x scope without glint.
    So basically back to BF1, without the sweetspot.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1802 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Testing the removal or selected removal of  x3 scopes would be perfect for a CTE if we still had one.
  • NLBartmaN
    3173 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Testing the removal or selected removal of  x3 scopes would be perfect for a CTE if we still had one.
    Try Firestorm ... (3x) scopes are very limited and have max aim range of 60m, with the higher TTK it feels great, a lot more (close combat) shootouts.

Even if you don't like the BR gamemode, it is a good way to try out the limited scopes and higher TTK.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1802 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Try Firestorm ... (3x) scopes are very limited and have max aim range of 60m, with the higher TTK it feels great, a lot more (close combat) shootouts.

Even if you don't like the BR gamemode, it is a good way to try out the limited scopes and higher TTK.
    I like the concept of Firestorm and if i had online 'friends' who played it, i think i may enjoy Firestorm squads. As it is i have probably played about a dozen matches to do a few TOW assignments. The last of which involved me just jumping into middle of the map.  Hiding in a isolated, single hut, shotgun aimed at the door ( heard footsteps once and a tank rolled by)Finally moved when fire ring encroached and killed the one player i needed to move into the top 8 to get loads of XP (needed it for a couple of assignments).   Then lost next fire fight because i only had a shotgun. You are right though, the gun play is better.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    Careful now ... you'll attract all of the 'BF1 BAD! BF4 LAST GOOD BF GAME!' crowd with a statement like that.

We can't have such 'casul' things like spread in this game ... never mind that most competitive FPS games like CS even have spread in some form or another.
  • bran1986
    5654 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:

Careful now ... you'll attract all of the 'BF1 BAD! BF4 LAST GOOD BF GAME!' crowd with a statement like that.

We can't have such 'casul' things like spread in this game ... never mind that most competitive FPS games like CS even have spread in some form or another.

Yeah it is always hilarious when you run into those types. It is also funny when you tell them "random bullet deviation" is still in BFV and they argue with you. Yet these people then wonder why DMRs are widely used and OP as hell :lol:
  • BURGERKRIEG
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hardly ever get killed by them so I assume they suck.

• bran1986

The assault DMRs are by far the best and most OP guns in the game.
  • CptDuffy
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ll defin argee the NetCode is still not right.
    I hope in the background they’re sorting it out for the next BF.
    However with the riberolly, stg, sten and snipers stalking the battlefield the DMR style players really don’t have that chance to tear up the battlefield and that’s what I liked about this game. I’ll play but I refuse to buy anything else and when the new COD comes I’ll probably migrate and prey the next BF they get right from the beginning and stop being swayed by people who require tissues
  • Mangrey
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    how about no 

The faster firing ones are outperforming full autos in spam fire. The slower firing ones outperform recon SLRs at mid to long range
    Then remove the **** scopes form the assault weapons how hard can it be. Iron and x1 sights only 
  • CptDuffy
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    CptDuffy said:

Not sure if serious ... 
    With the current TTK, 30Hz (console) poor servers and TTD bug there is no moving when you are hit, you instantly die (when you have a decent connection).

Snipers are no issue at all, maybe 1 in 100 snipers is capable of making a HS on a moving target (on console).
    If you start to prone or camp or don't use smoke, then you are an easy target for a sniper.

There are far more players using the 3x scopes WITHOUT glint than there are snipers (although 3x scope basically is sniping ...).

The only thing that can fix this "problem" is more cover in maps, higher TTK, removal of attrition (so players slowly fully heal up after being shot by a sniper) and removal of 3x scope without glint.
    So basically back to BF1, without the sweetspot.

No mate...... no.
    So there’s definitely still a NetCode issue they’ve just been trying to cover up with ttk weapon changes. But they’ve not nailed it with the semi autos so many times I get the 3 shots and people just have ample time to then run away heal and come back or just disappear. Mean while I then have to either re-load and hide or run away myself.
    Even on a strategic flank due the recoil I might have been smart on approach but I can’t take on anymore than 2 players I simply won’t have the ammo. So then I need to get closer to dynamite them which if I’m seen and likely that close I have no Defense as the semi is also nerfed on hip fire.

Return the semi ttk to match up with the rest of the arsenal.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:

The assault DMRs are by far the best and most OP guns in the game.
    Which ones?

Im seriously not seeing them being used very commonly on console.

Maybe that’s it.
  • SwolasaurusFlex
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A major issue with BF5 is the gunplay is designed around run-n-gun. Even when ADSing you barely lose any accuracy, allowing for stupid plays like strafe ADADA spam click firing. This as well as semi-autos makes them unbalanced because there's no negative for using a semi compared to an auto. Recoil that's always the same, no spread, and decent magazine sizes leads players to just use simple recoil macros for even their crappiest mouse-software essentially turning semis into high damage full-autos.

If you want to fix semis, the first thing to do is get rid of the fact the guns do not have spread while moving. I don't understand why a sniper/semi is 99% accurate while moving on the first shot if you ADS. It's dumb. Moving while firing in BF4 at least was a gamble, but this it's mostly a guaranteed advantage.
  • stikstick
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Give them 6x scopes just not the M1A1 carbine, but the heavy stock semi-auto rifles (SA) - to mention it, im not sure of the differences between the carbine and the other heavier SA. Naturally I would expect a faster mule velocity out of the heavier SA compared to the carbine; however this also includes a smaller recoil out of the carbine. Based on that merit, the heavier SA rifles should produce a greater damage per shot at every range compared to the carbines... Also instead of trying to balance each specific weapon, if each side of the battle had their own arsenal, they could balance the entire arsenal instead of rolling out a new weapon and comparing it to every weapon in the game...