How many people here have actually asked for 5v5?

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1470 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't ask for 5vs5.  I just asked for more maps and maybe some RSP.
  • Hawxxeye
    5347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone else think its dumb that this 'competitive' mode is 5v5 when in the rest of BFV squads are just 4.  Though i guess its just another example of poor thinking on DICEs part.

priceless losing that 5th squad member had been a problem in bfv
  • VincentNZ
    2685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone else think its dumb that this 'competitive' mode is 5v5 when in the rest of BFV squads are just 4.  Though i guess its just another example of poor thinking on DICEs part.

That is because the 5vs5, as datamined, has nothing to do with the core game. Different classes, different mechanics, different weapon mechanics, and possibly weapons. The fifth guy is also needed because there will most likely be vehicles, or one per team incorporated in the squad. As can be seen from the datamine, beyond the graphics, the 5vs5 is a completely different game, similar to Firestorm.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1802 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:

That is because the 5vs5, as datamined, has nothing to do with the core game. Different classes, different mechanics, different weapon mechanics, and possibly weapons. The fifth guy is also needed because there will most likely be vehicles, or one per team incorporated in the squad. As can be seen from the datamine, beyond the graphics, the 5vs5 is a completely different game, similar to Firestorm.
    Even if there is a big difference though i think differences may just be the old archetypes system coming back, sense would say to keep them the same because you are trying to attract the same players to both modes.  5 mates playing any 5v5 mode, cant then enjoy 'core' BFV as a squad.  
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not me. Battlefield is about chaos. 30 players per side minimum.

5vs5 gets boring quickly.
    Exactly... if we want that, CoD does it "better".
    'round corner, see enemy, whomever fires first wins, respawn, lather-rinse-repeat.
  • Woodlbrad
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just another failed experiment by dice this has already been done and failed miserably we need epic 64 player battles not 5v5.
  • doctorrocktor
    1798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No not me,those modes shouldn't be in a battlefield game.bf should be about vehicle and infantry play on every map,not these small modes.you can see the direction dice is slowly going,and it will be a big shame.so many small maps,what happend to the you know Battlefield.
  • trip1ex
    4693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 11
    There is always a chance that they make some great 5v5 mode and it takes off.  

But ...one can't help but feel it's going to out to die out like the other stuff they do.   It feels like it won't compete with the games that pretty much only do ~5v5.  Just like it feels Firestorm won't really compete against the BR games that only do BR.  

It also feels annoying to have Domination, 8v8 and now this in the same game.  Just pick a small mode and stick with it.   Ok ok Domination is 16v16 last I checked, but from what I recall in BF1 it could have been turned into 8v8 pretty easily.

Then it bugs that all this attention on this other stuff could have been applied to making Conquest great again.  Now those who buy for Conquest don't get as good of a Conquest as they could have or should have received because DICE and company are spending lots of time and effort incorporating other games into BF.  IT's time and effort that could have been put into Conquest instead.  

And with the rumors being BC3 will come out in 2020 it makes me think why not make BC3 the esports BF game.  It's already a smaller BF game by design.  They could make a BC game every other year.  And BF in the years they don't.

But that brings me to another point.  What chance does a 5v5 have when less than a year later DICE will reveal the next BF game coming in 2020.   The esports stuff doesn't fit the make a new game every year or two business model. 

• VincentNZ
    2685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What is there to take off? Even if it is good, the market niche is pretty slim, you are not going to take huge chunks of the big player CS:GO and R6S (which peaks at 30k players). Even if players are drawn into this mode, half of them will come from the core game, reducing the core playerbase further. What is the point?
    When we analyze the quote I posted earlier, then it is clear that they either can not or do not want to get into further details of this mode. Similar how it was a couple of months ago with the Coop and Firestorm. Now can we deduce the quality from the lack of information? Maybe...
  • MrCamp121
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Defo not me. I think itll flop like incursions in BF1 but heh..well see
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I definitely did not ask for a 5v5, I can see already a lot of rage quitting and one team as almost with every other game mode, gets completely dominated throughout the entire game. What I have been asking for is hardcore mode but that at this point just seems to be a lost cause. I'm all for new maps, and I'm kinda excited for the metro map, something I've been talking about since bf4 was to make a ww2 version of the map. However, what this game needs most and what I think myself and most players want is this game to be ridden of bugs, netcode, team balancing, texture popping, and other various issues that exists in this game.
  • warslag
    1400 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I love competitive modes and games. But these days they are rammed with cheating. Cheating is mega popular now.

On consoles they're using m/kb and on PC the anti-cheats programs aren't effective enough. They just don't stop the cheats from coming back. Not that that'll stop them from trying to put competitive modes into games though. It even looks like Apex is going down that road, and that game has a massive problem with cheating. But if it sells the game it'll go in. Doesn't really matter what anyone thinks about it. If it gets more Twitch and YouTube views and sells more loot boxes then it'll be in the game eventually.

So there's no point to a competitive mode when there's so much cheating. The only reason it'll go into a game is because it sells the game. Which is weird and not nice. But we all know it's true because we keep playing games even though we know all this stuff is going on. I think we keep expecting something drastic to be done about it but it never happens.

But sure, get a competitive mode into BF and then you'll see what I'm talking about.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't ask for 5v5, and I hate the idea. I like Battlefield, not Battleshoebox.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:

I mean he did not answer anything, really, I am more confused now than before especially concerning maps, where everything is so awfully vague. I do not know if the CM does not know the answers, if he is not allowed to say more, if the communication between the departments is suboptimal or whatever, 

All of the above is the most likely explanation--poor internal communication, poor project management, the CMs either don't know or have been told to keep quiet, the developers themselves might not know because they're sort of making it up as they go--all these things are probably going on to some degree.  We're all still listening to that delightful aircraft engine noise, has anyone from DICE/EA said one word beyond the devs are aware of the issue?  All that improved communication they talked about half a year ago, that's an unfunny joke at this point.
  • craign82
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    craign82 said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    the sad thing is that they will probably force us to play these 5vs5 for new unlocks via ToW
    Mate, how many times......... you don't have to play a mode you don't want to play.
    Just miss out on that TOW unlock. 
    Why would you play for a few hours in a mode you don't enjoy, to earn a meaningless skin or whatnot?
    If it's that precious, just buy it afterwards.
    Nuggets.......nuggets everywhere....

You still need the XP get to level 40 in a chapter. To do that the ToW is tasks are the least time consuming way to go and have time to play something else the rest of the week.
    In chapter 3 it took me until this week to get to level 40 without missing any weekly ToWs (though avoiding any firestorm garbage I could)
    You thought that I did not know about the availability of ToW weapons for CC after a week? I am not trying to sound arrogant but we forum regulars generally know more about how this game plays than the BFV devs themselves (which is a problem). How's that for a nugget?
    Jesus....... play a mode you like! Don't worry about XP, levels in a chapter or TOW tasks..... it means absolutely nothing.
    Just stick to the modes you enjoy playing and play for the enjoyment.
    What do you think would have happened to you if you finished chapter 3 on level 39?
  • SirBobdk
    4014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    craign82 said:

What do you think would have happened to you if you finished chapter 3 on level 39?
    My OCD would explode and I would not be able to sleep for weeks. :D:wink: 
    Just like the "notice icon" on armory - Drives me insane
  • Hawxxeye
    5347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 12
    SirBobdk said:
    craign82 said:

My OCD would explode and I would not be able to sleep for weeks. :D:wink: 
    Just like the "notice icon" on armory - Drives me insane
    same here
    also the ToW staff that you get form leveling up to 40 on the chapter are probably going to be on sale for BFC so it is the only chance to get them without paying real cash.

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1449 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 12
    I didn't ask for 5 vs 5.

I have asked for many things, RSP, TTK revert, Frontlines back, more maps, Fortress and Grind to never return, better anti-cheat, fix the stuttering / performance, UK server reinstatement, make Firestorm F2P, something worthwhile to spend CC, team-balancing, map votes, Stats app & Battlelog return, emblems, ranks above 50, DICE to respond on their own forums - some come to fruition others remain silly pipe dreams.

Small player game-modes are about the only thing that is playable atm so probably just as well!