BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

Comments

  • Pelliy
    2024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 12
    The game died in a month. That's not lack of content (although that contributed a LOT as the game aged)

    The game was dead by the end of December. People were leaving literally a month after release
  • Kattegat_Twin
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 12
    @BURGERKRIEG ; Yeah, playing on a TV is never gonna be as good as a monitor. I have the PC and consoles hooked up to the same monitor, been a long time since I gamed on a TV.


  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd_TV said:
    I just feel like people have the awareness level of a freaking brick in most recent bf games. Which makes complaints about camping and snipers being op exacerbated. It's sad to people watch in spectator mode sometimes.

    Having no footsteps and too late seeing of enemies (because of poor netcode, poor servers, 30 Hz tick rate and OOR high pingers) and very poor visibility on console with TV makes it very hard to be aware of anything ... you won't see or hear enemies until you are dead.

    I dont play on console. I dont have those issues on pc which is my argument.
  • SirBobdk
    3698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

     in my experience the PC version is smooth and does play well.
    BFV ran much better months ago on PC imo. Now I have a lot of stuttering that I didn't have before the last 2 patches. Hit reg is also very unstable. I can have games where I hit every thing and then the next one I'm shooting blanks.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:

     in my experience the PC version is smooth and does play well.
    BFV ran much better months ago on PC imo. Now I have a lot of stuttering that I didn't have before the last 2 patches. Hit reg is also very unstable. I can have games where I hit every thing and then the next one I'm shooting blanks.
    It appears I'm one of the lucky ones. I don't have the stutter thing. I'm also not getting the hit reg problem...
  • Kattegat_Twin
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Juanicee said:
    Am I the only one who gets insta-killed as soon as I see an enemy? Not even time to blink. Idk if its the connection or maybe everyone is using cheats.

    The guy who plays with me says the same thing, and we are decent players, top 5 in almost every match.
    How are you top 5 if you die as often as you say?
    could have 30+kills and 10-15 deaths, happens quite a lot to me
    Yeah, but if you have 30+ kills then you aren't "getting insta-killed as soon as you see an enemy".
  • Kattegat_Twin
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags I didn't post the above... I did on the previous page, but somehow it's here again...
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously now, this game was advertised as a more tactical and hardcore experience, wasn’t it? Last time I checked tactical = more depending on positioning, movement and other actions and hardcore = less room for mistakes. So why are players expecting it to be a run and gun experience? You literally got this experience for the last 10 years. And now people want to change this game into another BF4/BF1 reskin...
    So some weapons and vehicles are getting nerfed into oblivion only because a part of the player base don’t want to adjust their playstyle and situational awareness.

    Don’t even get me started on the visibility. It was fine for me and all my friends from the beginning. And as we all can see, the last visibility fix didn’t work for many players who struggled to see enemies before and displeased those who had no problems.

    There never was a “visibility” problem. There is a “ive been hobbling around on crutches of 3d spotting since BF3 expecting to be able to put glowing markers above all enemies in my FOV and now I caaaaaaaant” problem.
  • Pelliy
    2024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd_TV said:
    I just feel like people have the awareness level of a freaking brick in most recent bf games. Which makes complaints about camping and snipers being op exacerbated. It's sad to people watch in spectator mode sometimes.

    Having no footsteps and too late seeing of enemies (because of poor netcode, poor servers, 30 Hz tick rate and OOR high pingers) and very poor visibility on console with TV makes it very hard to be aware of anything ... you won't see or hear enemies until you are dead.

    I dont play on console. I dont have those issues on pc which is my argument.

    Footsteps affect all platforms though. Very inconsistent and the TTD big still seems to be in the game as well as poor visibility. Is been improved but not as good as the previous titles. Especially on day maps so these issues affect all platforms.

    The tickrate is the only exception
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 12
    Pelliy wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd_TV said:
    I just feel like people have the awareness level of a freaking brick in most recent bf games. Which makes complaints about camping and snipers being op exacerbated. It's sad to people watch in spectator mode sometimes.

    Having no footsteps and too late seeing of enemies (because of poor netcode, poor servers, 30 Hz tick rate and OOR high pingers) and very poor visibility on console with TV makes it very hard to be aware of anything ... you won't see or hear enemies until you are dead.

    I dont play on console. I dont have those issues on pc which is my argument.

    Footsteps affect all platforms though. Very inconsistent and the TTD big still seems to be in the game as well as poor visibility. Is been improved but not as good as the previous titles. Especially on day maps so these issues affect all platforms.

    The tickrate is the only exception

    I don't know about you but I have it dialed in just fine for me. Then again I don't use surround just use a stereo setup with a amp/dac and akg 701s.
  • tempo_rarity
    960 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just spent about an hour or so catching up from Page 5 on the goings-down-since my last visit to this thread .
    I must say it's been quite the read and very VERY enlightening .
    Polite and congenial too .

    I might even go as far as saying that this is the kind of thread where , if I were a Player thinking of quitting the Game for any of the reasons mentioned in it and clicked on it , I would also get to read all about most of the logical and the technical (as well as the emotional) aspects found within it arguing for-and-against what works or doesn't , etc. and then perhaps come away with the newfound thought that maybe my departure ISN'T the best idea that I've ever had .

    What I'm saying is that despite it's title , this thread inevitably points NOT to the Game , but TO The Player (all of us/any of us) as being the thread title .
    It isn't the Game (although some of it is)

    Good Thread :smile:
  • TFBisquit
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm, there certainly is a visibility problem, also on PC.
    And insta deaths also occur on PC. But it goes both ways. You can kill others that seem easy, for them it appears they're instakilled, then it suddenly turns around and you are instakilled all the time. Netcode on 60hz servers is also bad btw. It's not where the real problem is imo.
    You know, when you have to tweak your screen to have better visibility in one game, and one game alone, it's definitely a problem in that one game.
  • AreaDeniaI
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry for disturbing here but from where you guys are pulling **** like "servers are empty / people are leaving / bf5 is dying / population is dropping / etc ?

    Im playing every day at night and im on full servers until i go to sleep at 4-5am . Just step out of your little stinky box.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 12
    I think the TTD issue is one of the biggest problems. 

    I have watched videos of my gameplay back, looking at the health bar when running and being hit and it’s gone in less than a blink of an eye. This is different to when damaging an enemy.

    I do think it’s a real issue, just one that hasn’t been officially admitted, unless I’m mistaken.

    I don’t remember if the “netcode issues” that plagued early BF4 got any sort of official statement. It was so long ago. Once that was solved the game turned around.
  • Astr0damus
    2855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
     Just step out of your little stinky box.

  • Pelliy
    2024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AreaDeniaI wrote: »
    Sorry for disturbing here but from where you guys are pulling **** like "servers are empty / people are leaving / bf5 is dying / population is dropping / etc ?

    Im playing every day at night and im on full servers until i go to sleep at 4-5am . Just step out of your little stinky box.

    The sales data, regions aren't the same aa yours so you come off rude. Example there's no firestorm presence in Oceania that are active. It's dead. Other servers fair a little better but not by much.


    In na, you can find more servers sometimes on bf1 than you can in bf5 depending on the hour of the day.

  • Pelliy
    2024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously now, this game was advertised as a more tactical and hardcore experience, wasn’t it? Last time I checked tactical = more depending on positioning, movement and other actions and hardcore = less room for mistakes. So why are players expecting it to be a run and gun experience? You literally got this experience for the last 10 years. And now people want to change this game into another BF4/BF1 reskin...
    So some weapons and vehicles are getting nerfed into oblivion only because a part of the player base don’t want to adjust their playstyle and situational awareness.

    Don’t even get me started on the visibility. It was fine for me and all my friends from the beginning. And as we all can see, the last visibility fix didn’t work for many players who struggled to see enemies before and displeased those who had no problems.

    There never was a “visibility” problem. There is a “ive been hobbling around on crutches of 3d spotting since BF3 expecting to be able to put glowing markers above all enemies in my FOV and now I caaaaaaaant” problem.

    Putting your hands over your ears and closing your eyes does not solve the issue. It's a lame Argument.

    You can play bf1 wirh the HUD off and the visibility will fair far much better than bf1
  • bran1986
    5401 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The ttd and visibility issues exist on pc as well. I think visibility has improved but there is just way too much visual clutter that it is always going to be an issue. Overhauling mmgs and their ttk and also disabling bipodding on your back would be massive steps in the right direction.
  • AreaDeniaI
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 12
    Pelliy said:
    AreaDeniaI wrote: »
    Sorry for disturbing here but from where you guys are pulling **** like "servers are empty / people are leaving / bf5 is dying / population is dropping / etc ?

    Im playing every day at night and im on full servers until i go to sleep at 4-5am . Just step out of your little stinky box.

    The sales data, regions aren't the same aa yours so you come off rude. Example there's no firestorm presence in Oceania that are active. It's dead. Other servers fair a little better but not by much.


    In na, you can find more servers sometimes on bf1 than you can in bf5 depending on the hour of the day.


    First of all, server browser is bugged. Its not representative of game population. Sometime i cant even find Devastation with 64 players but if i click conquest-> play , it will join me 64 man serevr instnatly. I was trying to play bf1 several times (same as with bf4). Finding server wasnt that easy and if i joined some, it was plagued by cheaters.

    Why you are even talking about firestorm ? Thats not what Battlefield is about. Firestorm is niche mode for different community. Poor attempt to attract to sell more copies from DICE. So yea, stop mixing Firestorm empty servers with base game. Firestorm is not Battlefield. Im sure that it fits your point of view of "dying game" but cmon.

    And What sales data ? Because game sold less copies than BF1 ? Thats not indication of your average population. I`d be surprised if small percentage of total sales is still playing. Because game sold X million of copies that doesnt mean X million players are playing. Some people refund, quit, play for 10hours then quit. Its just a game. And  Im in central EU. I can join any conquest server just by clicking on Conquest and 8/10 times it puts me into 64 man server. Any time of day.

    Complaining about empty servers in Oceania...dude. Oceania. Just Central Europe has 15x more population than Oceania with Australia together. Not even talking about connectivity and overal availability of good connection/serevers etc. Because servers are less populated in your part of the world that doesnt mean game is dying or that its bad/crap.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!