Which one is it?: "I can't see anyone in BF V!!" or "Spotting was easy-mode, glad it is gone."

Comments

• oGLo17
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The FACT - BF5 is battlefield game with worst player response (in overall player number) and fastest TTD in whole franchise. Do you guys who, from day to day on this forum defend all "improvement" in bf5 have one gram of brain or you a just selfish ignorant and blind.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    oGLo17 said:
    The FACT - BF5 is battlefield game with worst player response (in overall player number) and fastest TTD in whole franchise. Do you guys who, from day to day on this forum defend all "improvement" in bf5 have one gram of brain or you a just selfish ignorant and blind.
    I have no problem recognizing BFV's many problems, and some of them are extremely serious, e.g. the poor network performance which even DICE admits has become worse, i.e. the "stuttering" so widely seen lately.  Another is the lack of rented servers, EA says they're coming but obviously we need to see how they work before we decide if what they're going to offer is worthwhile.  Cheating on PC, out-of-region players bringing lag with them, a lack of maps and other new content, the slow rate of repairs--there are lots of things to be unhappy about in BFV.

And yet, I can still have fun playing this game.  Last night I got into a squad with three random players, and it was like I had teamed up with a pack of hungry wolves, these guys were ferocious.  We stuck together and just shredded anyone on the other team we encountered--infantry, tanks, it didn't matter, they were doomed.  At one point one of them was slapping sticky dynamite on a Churchill tank while I jumped on top and threw AT mines on the turret, as I jumped off I yelled, "Okay, blow it" and the Assault waited until I was clear and then set off his dynamite-- the tank went up like a fireworks display and I dodged the turret which went rolling down the hill and we just kept on going.  When you can have that good a time with players you've never met before, well how can I say BFV is without value?

This game needs some serious repair work--the UI is horrible, the assignments are often just annoying, the anti-cheat on PC seems worthless, bugs appear with every patch and so on and so forth.  But it can still be fun to play, at least for me.  That's what bugs me, it isn't a bad game, but it could have been so much better if not for EA's new business model which dumped things which had made the series so good in the past like paid DLC, rented servers etc.  I don't know how much effort they're prepared to put into saving BFV, BF is one of their flagship games so you'd think they would hate to let it collapse without an effort on their part.  But if BF6 repeats these same stupid decisions, like Live Service, then that game would have to be absolutely fantastic for me to consider buying it.  Driving away long-time customers--that's a really odd way to run a business. 
  • BlindChance
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Modern BF games have highly detailed visuals and cater to casual audiance, hence the visibility suffers. This is not Counter Strike. I personally don't mind the fact camo and using cover, shadows makes you hard to spot, even if this is often annoying if you are the ambushed party. Spotting is not the answer tho. It goes beyond enhancing visibility and destroys flanking.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RayVonUK said:
    Yea the lowest common denominator is snipers on consoles and they have already won, its hard to see them most of the time and it was a lot better with 3d spotting, just another key element of game play that was removed, but hey we got to build some crappy walls instead eh
    So your team has no snipers, or they don't have spotting flares for some reason, is that how it is?  Oh, your team does have snipers, and they can equip spotting flares..., so what exactly is the problem again?
    The problem is they *can* equip flares, but they don't.  And snipers are camping too far back to use them anyway.  And flares are crap anyway.
    When I play Recon I equip flares almost always, and if I don't it's because I have a spotting scope I'm using instead.  You will find me right outside the objective, close enough to spot for my team and move in and help cap if need be, and get a few kills (but I consider spotting my real job).  Those guys who sit back a mile away and stare into a 6x scope, well, they've always been there in every BF title I've ever played, so there is nothing new about that in BFV.

I don't know how you get players to do the smart thing and help their team, whether it's dropping ammo or reviving or spotting enemy tanks or just playing the damn objective, many players just don't seem to care.  Yesterday I had a good run in a Valentine, went from the British spawn on Panzerstorm all the way to A, took out several German tanks and a mess of infantry.  Then some clown in my squad spawned as top gunner and just shot and shot seemingly at random, so I asked if he had a target or he just liked the sound the machine gun made and he showed me what he thought of that by spraying bullets in every direction as fast as he could spin around--he was the squad leader.  He never marked an objective of course.  I changed squads, what else can you do?

But other times I see some Support not even in my squad repairing my tank, or blueberries rebuilding a vehicle supply point, or Recons popping flares in front of us constantly--it isn't all blockheads who don't know how to play properly, there are still plenty of good teammates in this game, the trick is finding them.
  • parkingbrake
    RayVonUK said:
    Yea the lowest common denominator is snipers on consoles and they have already won, its hard to see them most of the time and it was a lot better with 3d spotting, just another key element of game play that was removed, but hey we got to build some crappy walls instead eh
    So your team has no snipers, or they don't have spotting flares for some reason, is that how it is?  Oh, your team does have snipers, and they can equip spotting flares..., so what exactly is the problem again?
    The problem is they *can* equip flares, but they don't.  And snipers are camping too far back to use them anyway.  And flares are crap anyway.
    Also any solution that requires your team to do something for you is an awful suggestion anyway since it's been scientifically proven with each Battlefield release that if you yourself as a Battlefield player don't do it nobody else will. Need ammo? Better get it yourself. Need health? Better get it yourself. Need a tank taken out? Better do it yourself. Need to cap a flag? You better clear the flag solo and cap it yourself cause nobody else is going to do it. Etc.
    I'm pleased to say that even when I'm playing with randoms I often have squad/teammates who do the right thing, I was in an absolutely ferocious squad yesterday that went through the enemy team like a chainsaw, I couldn't have asked for a better squad.  Yeah, that isn't always the case, sometimes your teammates look too dumb to tie their own shoes.  But not all the time, there are good randoms and people on my friends list who've played BF since forever (one of them a former DICE dev), so it isn't like such players don't exist.  It's just that sometimes you have to suffer a lot of fools before finding the guys who play like they want to win.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic said:
    All it takes is one flare. Then JackFrags would’ve been spotted on both the minimap and in 3D space. Use flares.

When I go back to BF1, I miss the ability to spot a position. If I see someone go behind cover, I can’t spot them there, and I can’t notify my teammates that there is a threat.

Also, use flares.
    I didnt think id ever be convinced there was any benefit to the bfv spotting system.. I stand corrected, thats actually a good argument..

Still want 3d myself, tho..
  • TyroneLoyd
    1285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't want it. Don't need it. Keep spot with a flare or scope. Proximity spot. If its that hard for you people whatever I just dont care anymore at this point.
  • Talonhawkes
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did they put names of enemy players above their heads when in close quarters .... asking because been running by guys who I thought where team mates only to get shot in the back shortly after by an enemy from behind and it looks like the guy I just ran past ... if so then they should change the color from white to red for the name . See when I started playing these shooter games my training consisted of "don't shoot the guys with names above their heads ....only shoot the red ones if they show up " So you can see my confusion .

• SirTerrible
    1639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RayVonUK said:
    Also any solution that requires your team to do something for you is an awful suggestion anyway since it's been scientifically proven with each Battlefield release that if you yourself as a Battlefield player don't do it nobody else will. Need ammo? Better get it yourself. Need health? Better get it yourself. Need a tank taken out? Better do it yourself. Need to cap a flag? You better clear the flag solo and cap it yourself cause nobody else is going to do it. Etc.
    I'm pleased to say that even when I'm playing with randoms I often have squad/teammates who do the right thing, I was in an absolutely ferocious squad yesterday that went through the enemy team like a chainsaw, I couldn't have asked for a better squad.  Yeah, that isn't always the case, sometimes your teammates look too dumb to tie their own shoes.  But not all the time, there are good randoms and people on my friends list who've played BF since forever (one of them a former DICE dev), so it isn't like such players don't exist.  It's just that sometimes you have to suffer a lot of fools before finding the guys who play like they want to win.
    I've got a lot of people to play with now so I'm done with the solo battlefield life lol. The whole "teammates never do anything" meme is just fun hyperbole, obviously once in a while you can find competent randoms. It's definitely not consistent though. It's probably less than a 50% chance that you'll find a squad that does smart things if I had to guess.
  • Hitman0720
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting was easy mode
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    parkingbrake said:

SirTerrible said:

disposalist said:

parkingbrake said:

RayVonUK said:

I've got a lot of people to play with now so I'm done with the solo battlefield life lol. The whole "teammates never do anything" meme is just fun hyperbole, obviously once in a while you can find competent randoms. It's definitely not consistent though. It's probably less than a 50% chance that you'll find a squad that does smart things if I had to guess.

I have been running solo for a couple of months now and the fun factor is nowhere near where it is when I had a squad to play with. Revives are almost non existent, you get stuck with campers sitting out in the middle of nowhere doing nothing. Once in a blue moon I will luck out and get on a decent squad.
    I wish I had had a squad like yours. Oh wait..
  • Hawxxeye
    5206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting was easy mode
    so it was exactly like playing assault
  • TFBisquit
    1349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Considering enemies could also spot you I find the whole "easy mode" thing funny. You know what really is easy mode, blending into a wall and not moving so you can't be seen while shooting away at moving targets. Now that is easy mode (and useless for winning but hey).

I actually experienced this in fjell. Saw a pixel move but it was just a grey wall from the mountain with snow. Then I realized there were 2 opponents that disappeared in the wall. I tried to hit them but was shooting blind. They killed me as easy as it gets. Like shooting at something that isn't there, but actually is there, and then kills you. I suppose it would look strange to see floating Doritos without a body attached.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Considering enemies could also spot you I find the whole "easy mode" thing funny. You know what really is easy mode, blending into a wall and not moving so you can't be seen while shooting away at moving targets. Now that is easy mode (and useless for winning but hey).

It's easier. There's no arguing that. False equivalent.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I’m blind in one eye and can’t see out the other.