BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

Comments

  • BURGERKRIEG
    783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:
    AreaDeniaI wrote: »
    Sorry for disturbing here but from where you guys are pulling **** like "servers are empty / people are leaving / bf5 is dying / population is dropping / etc ?

    Im playing every day at night and im on full servers until i go to sleep at 4-5am . Just step out of your little stinky box.

    The sales data, regions aren't the same aa yours so you come off rude. Example there's no firestorm presence in Oceania that are active. It's dead. Other servers fair a little better but not by much.


    In na, you can find more servers sometimes on bf1 than you can in bf5 depending on the hour of the day.


    First of all, server browser is bugged. Its not representative of game population. Sometime i cant even find Devastation with 64 players but if i click conquest-> play , it will join me 64 man serevr instnatly. I was trying to play bf1 several times (same as with bf4). Finding server wasnt that easy and if i joined some, it was plagued by cheaters.

    Why you are even talking about firestorm ? Thats not what Battlefield is about. Firestorm is niche mode for different community. Poor attempt to attract to sell more copies from DICE. So yea, stop mixing Firestorm empty servers with base game. Firestorm is not Battlefield. Im sure that it fits your point of view of "dying game" but cmon.

    And What sales data ? Because game sold less copies than BF1 ? Thats not indication of your average population. I`d be surprised if small percentage of total sales is still playing. Because game sold X million of copies that doesnt mean X million players are playing. Some people refund, quit, play for 10hours then quit. Its just a game. And  Im in central EU. I can join any conquest server just by clicking on Conquest and 8/10 times it puts me into 64 man server. Any time of day.

    Complaining about empty servers in Oceania...dude. Oceania. Just Central Europe has 15x more population than Oceania with Australia together. Not even talking about connectivity and overal availability of good connection/serevers etc. Because servers are less populated in your part of the world that doesnt mean game is dying or that its bad/crap.
    What about me?

    I noticed you choose to ignore my points.

    Why was that?


  • Juanicee
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Juanicee said:
    Am I the only one who gets insta-killed as soon as I see an enemy? Not even time to blink. Idk if its the connection or maybe everyone is using cheats.

    The guy who plays with me says the same thing, and we are decent players, top 5 in almost every match.

    How are you top 5 if you die as often as you say?

    What I mean is that I lose a lot of 1v1 because I don't have the enough time to react, I get "one shoted" even by weapons that are slow. That doesn't mean that I'm a bad player, I can manage to have positive kd killing people out of guard.

    K/d doesn't mean anything for scores though. You can end top 3 with negative Kd.



  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Remember in 4 when you had to hold a majority for kills to count as tickets?  That is how modes should work.

    You're mistaken here. Holding the majority of Tickets meant ticket bleed for the enemy team, up until BF4. Kills don't bleed tickets, if a player respawns 1 ticket will bleed. This is what so many players don't understand. In BFV the ticket bleed results from the number of flags your and the enemy team holds. So you will lose tickets as long as you don't hold all the flags.
  • Agent_Talon
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To the ticket bleed point I will say that BFV has a terrible system in place for it.  You only really feel the ticket bleed from controlled points if you have literally all of them.  If they increased the bleed when you have less than 50% captured it would be a better system IMO.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:
    AreaDeniaI wrote: »
    Sorry for disturbing here but from where you guys are pulling **** like "servers are empty / people are leaving / bf5 is dying / population is dropping / etc ?

    Im playing every day at night and im on full servers until i go to sleep at 4-5am . Just step out of your little stinky box.

    The sales data, regions aren't the same aa yours so you come off rude. Example there's no firestorm presence in Oceania that are active. It's dead. Other servers fair a little better but not by much.


    In na, you can find more servers sometimes on bf1 than you can in bf5 depending on the hour of the day.


    First of all, server browser is bugged. Its not representative of game population. Sometime i cant even find Devastation with 64 players but if i click conquest-> play , it will join me 64 man serevr instnatly. I was trying to play bf1 several times (same as with bf4). Finding server wasnt that easy and if i joined some, it was plagued by cheaters.

    Why you are even talking about firestorm ? Thats not what Battlefield is about. Firestorm is niche mode for different community. Poor attempt to attract to sell more copies from DICE. So yea, stop mixing Firestorm empty servers with base game. Firestorm is not Battlefield. Im sure that it fits your point of view of "dying game" but cmon.

    And What sales data ? Because game sold less copies than BF1 ? Thats not indication of your average population. I`d be surprised if small percentage of total sales is still playing. Because game sold X million of copies that doesnt mean X million players are playing. Some people refund, quit, play for 10hours then quit. Its just a game. And  Im in central EU. I can join any conquest server just by clicking on Conquest and 8/10 times it puts me into 64 man server. Any time of day.

    Complaining about empty servers in Oceania...dude. Oceania. Just Central Europe has 15x more population than Oceania with Australia together. Not even talking about connectivity and overal availability of good connection/serevers etc. Because servers are less populated in your part of the world that doesnt mean game is dying or that its bad/crap.
    What about me?

    I noticed you choose to ignore my points.

    Why was that?


    Those aren`t points but speculations so it fits your narrative about "dying game".

    The BFV servers dont run all the time, they spin up on instance as required, so the more players needing a server will result in the datacentre spinning up a new instance.  Rather than having say 1000 empty instances sat running and being incredibly wasteful, it spins them up as required, keeping efficiency at the fore.

    Not the way I'd prefer, but thats why people keep saying "I cant see many servers running X mode"  because it only fires up the servers needed for the players currently playing said mode.


    Yes the servers that were for UK players used to spin up when needed until the player population became so low they where no longer economically viable and where shut down for good. 

    That is not speculation it is a fact.

    The official statement regarding it was on the forum.

    You can say that’s just being efficient, however you cannot say that it took place because the player population grew. 

    It is logical to extrapolate that that trend is mirrored in other regions.


  • CHAMMOND1992
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:
    CHAMMOND1992 wrote: »
    Pelliy said:

    CHAMMOND1992 said:
    Wrong. A major part is lack of content, whether its, rank, medals, maps, skins and so on.

    I disagree with this, because this game was pretty much DOA. That has nothing to do with ranks, medals, maps, skins and so forth. The game wasn't even out for a month before people stopped playing it. By december/January, people stopped playing. some didn't even reach level 50. Some dedicated people that you'd see regularly on BF1 that has  lvl  150 didn't even reach level 50 on bf5 before they called it quits

    Game came out with tons of bugs, and little content. To say that it had nothing to do with people leaving is ridiculous. Rank for both classes and career were quick to max out, very little to spend CC on,  game was an unbalanced mess (more of) and what medals?  People getting a new  Battlefield game, then going back to the previous Battlefield game means absolutely nothing, especially given BF4/3 players said the same of BF1. 

    I doubt a significant portion of people play for medals, ranks, and so forth. Since you're making the class, you have to provide the evidence to substantiate it

    If you go back to previous battlefields and look at achievements, most people do not even complete them.

    Ranking of arbitrary. People do not stop playing because they reached level 50. That by notion, more people will play because it's getting increased to 500!

    Sorry, but that's not going to happen. A small uptick might happen but this bf fell on it's face, due to a plethora of issues but map design, attrition, visibility and ttk/TTD being the key issues.

    You die quick to things you can't see, you die quick to things you can't see and you can't fully heal. You die quick and don't know from where which frustrate players (kill cam was added but still inconsistent)

    lol what? Now this is getting silly. OP was the one who made the claim, and you initially quoted my response, so no, I don't need to provide evidence. Although I'm curious to see if anyone has compiled sufficient data on this issue to convincingly put this debate to rest. Oh wait, no one has and no one will. 

    "Ranking is arbitrary. People do not stop playing because they reached level 50. That by notion, more people will play because it's getting increased to 500!"

    Obviously false. Why do you think DICE locks ranks between DLCs? Why does COD have prestige ranks? Reward systems don't keep people playing? People only want things of intrinsic value?  Activision, Rockstar,  EA , and about a thousand more corporations would like to have a word. 

    Re-read what I said because you seem to think what I contribute to be a "major" part, you take as the only part.
  • Pelliy
    2032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:
    AreaDeniaI wrote: »
    Sorry for disturbing here but from where you guys are pulling **** like "servers are empty / people are leaving / bf5 is dying / population is dropping / etc ?

    Im playing every day at night and im on full servers until i go to sleep at 4-5am . Just step out of your little stinky box.

    The sales data, regions aren't the same aa yours so you come off rude. Example there's no firestorm presence in Oceania that are active. It's dead. Other servers fair a little better but not by much.


    In na, you can find more servers sometimes on bf1 than you can in bf5 depending on the hour of the day.


    First of all, server browser is bugged. Its not representative of game population. Sometime i cant even find Devastation with 64 players but if i click conquest-> play , it will join me 64 man serevr instnatly. I was trying to play bf1 several times (same as with bf4). Finding server wasnt that easy and if i joined some, it was plagued by cheaters.

    Why you are even talking about firestorm ? Thats not what Battlefield is about. Firestorm is niche mode for different community. Poor attempt to attract to sell more copies from DICE. So yea, stop mixing Firestorm empty servers with base game. Firestorm is not Battlefield. Im sure that it fits your point of view of "dying game" but cmon.

    And What sales data ? Because game sold less copies than BF1 ? Thats not indication of your average population. I`d be surprised if small percentage of total sales is still playing. Because game sold X million of copies that doesnt mean X million players are playing. Some people refund, quit, play for 10hours then quit. Its just a game. And  Im in central EU. I can join any conquest server just by clicking on Conquest and 8/10 times it puts me into 64 man server. Any time of day.

    Complaining about empty servers in Oceania...dude. Oceania. Just Central Europe has 15x more population than Oceania with Australia together. Not even talking about connectivity and overal availability of good connection/serevers etc. Because servers are less populated in your part of the world that doesnt mean game is dying or that its bad/crap.
    As someone mentioned before, they are reducing gamemodes based on population or lack there of.  That's a indication that there are not enough population in demand for gamemodes. Firestorm is a part of battlefield.  

    Server browser is bugged? Come on dude, that seems to be just an excuse. Even if you do que with quickmatch, it means it's finding players that are doing the same to put in a lobby. Sometimes you can wait for an excess of 2+mins in queues. Conquest? That's the most popular mode. Of course if you click quickmatch CQ, you'll find a server.  Go to the previous battlefields, the ones that population have dwindled..The only gamemodes that are somewhat populated are conquest.

    Dice also mentioned around Christmas time, they had issues retaining new players . Hence, why they tried to change the ttk. 

    The game is dying.  You're just excusing it making up adhoc rationalizations to why it's not the case. Dead doesn't mean the game is ghost town, though it can be. The fact that its longevity seems to dwindle more faster than bf1 tells you something. It's not in a healthy state. Just because its healthy in your region, doesn't mean its healthy as a whole. Special pleading for your region doesn't mean the game is not suffering from it.

    NA is bigger than oceania and the servers aren't not as populated as they were even just three months ago.


  • AreaDeniaI
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:
    AreaDeniaI wrote: »
    Sorry for disturbing here but from where you guys are pulling **** like "servers are empty / people are leaving / bf5 is dying / population is dropping / etc ?

    Im playing every day at night and im on full servers until i go to sleep at 4-5am . Just step out of your little stinky box.

    The sales data, regions aren't the same aa yours so you come off rude. Example there's no firestorm presence in Oceania that are active. It's dead. Other servers fair a little better but not by much.


    In na, you can find more servers sometimes on bf1 than you can in bf5 depending on the hour of the day.


    First of all, server browser is bugged. Its not representative of game population. Sometime i cant even find Devastation with 64 players but if i click conquest-> play , it will join me 64 man serevr instnatly. I was trying to play bf1 several times (same as with bf4). Finding server wasnt that easy and if i joined some, it was plagued by cheaters.

    Why you are even talking about firestorm ? Thats not what Battlefield is about. Firestorm is niche mode for different community. Poor attempt to attract to sell more copies from DICE. So yea, stop mixing Firestorm empty servers with base game. Firestorm is not Battlefield. Im sure that it fits your point of view of "dying game" but cmon.

    And What sales data ? Because game sold less copies than BF1 ? Thats not indication of your average population. I`d be surprised if small percentage of total sales is still playing. Because game sold X million of copies that doesnt mean X million players are playing. Some people refund, quit, play for 10hours then quit. Its just a game. And  Im in central EU. I can join any conquest server just by clicking on Conquest and 8/10 times it puts me into 64 man server. Any time of day.

    Complaining about empty servers in Oceania...dude. Oceania. Just Central Europe has 15x more population than Oceania with Australia together. Not even talking about connectivity and overal availability of good connection/serevers etc. Because servers are less populated in your part of the world that doesnt mean game is dying or that its bad/crap.
    What about me?

    I noticed you choose to ignore my points.

    Why was that?


    Those aren`t points but speculations so it fits your narrative about "dying game".

    The BFV servers dont run all the time, they spin up on instance as required, so the more players needing a server will result in the datacentre spinning up a new instance.  Rather than having say 1000 empty instances sat running and being incredibly wasteful, it spins them up as required, keeping efficiency at the fore.

    Not the way I'd prefer, but thats why people keep saying "I cant see many servers running X mode"  because it only fires up the servers needed for the players currently playing said mode.


    Yes the servers that were for UK players used to spin up when needed until the player population became so low they where no longer economically viable and where shut down for good. 

    That is not speculation it is a fact.

    The official statement regarding it was on the forum.

    You can say that’s just being efficient, however you cannot say that it took place because the player population grew. 

    It is logical to extrapolate that that trend is mirrored in other regions.


    Afaik there were few london severs while whole CE is playing on german servers. Does that mean something ? Or the fact that UK doesnt have own servers exclusivelly is indicator of game "dying" ? And in BF1 , were there any UK servers at all ? I have 2 friends from UK and both have zero issues playing on german servers with quite low ping. Until you have really bad connection, you should have no problem to play on DE servers even from UK.
  • AreaDeniaI
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:
    Pelliy said:
    AreaDeniaI wrote: »
    Sorry for disturbing here but from where you guys are pulling **** like "servers are empty / people are leaving / bf5 is dying / population is dropping / etc ?

    Im playing every day at night and im on full servers until i go to sleep at 4-5am . Just step out of your little stinky box.

    The sales data, regions aren't the same aa yours so you come off rude. Example there's no firestorm presence in Oceania that are active. It's dead. Other servers fair a little better but not by much.


    In na, you can find more servers sometimes on bf1 than you can in bf5 depending on the hour of the day.


    First of all, server browser is bugged. Its not representative of game population. Sometime i cant even find Devastation with 64 players but if i click conquest-> play , it will join me 64 man serevr instnatly. I was trying to play bf1 several times (same as with bf4). Finding server wasnt that easy and if i joined some, it was plagued by cheaters.

    Why you are even talking about firestorm ? Thats not what Battlefield is about. Firestorm is niche mode for different community. Poor attempt to attract to sell more copies from DICE. So yea, stop mixing Firestorm empty servers with base game. Firestorm is not Battlefield. Im sure that it fits your point of view of "dying game" but cmon.

    And What sales data ? Because game sold less copies than BF1 ? Thats not indication of your average population. I`d be surprised if small percentage of total sales is still playing. Because game sold X million of copies that doesnt mean X million players are playing. Some people refund, quit, play for 10hours then quit. Its just a game. And  Im in central EU. I can join any conquest server just by clicking on Conquest and 8/10 times it puts me into 64 man server. Any time of day.

    Complaining about empty servers in Oceania...dude. Oceania. Just Central Europe has 15x more population than Oceania with Australia together. Not even talking about connectivity and overal availability of good connection/serevers etc. Because servers are less populated in your part of the world that doesnt mean game is dying or that its bad/crap.
    As someone mentioned before, they are reducing gamemodes based on population or lack there of.  That's a indication that there are not enough population in demand for gamemodes. Firestorm is a part of battlefield.  

    Server browser is bugged? Come on dude, that seems to be just an excuse. Even if you do que with quickmatch, it means it's finding players that are doing the same to put in a lobby. Sometimes you can wait for an excess of 2+mins in queues. Conquest? That's the most popular mode. Of course if you click quickmatch CQ, you'll find a server.  Go to the previous battlefields, the ones that population have dwindled..The only gamemodes that are somewhat populated are conquest.

    Dice also mentioned around Christmas time, they had issues retaining new players . Hence, why they tried to change the ttk. 

    The game is dying.  You're just excusing it making up adhoc rationalizations to why it's not the case. Dead doesn't mean the game is ghost town, though it can be. The fact that its longevity seems to dwindle more faster than bf1 tells you something. It's not in a healthy state. Just because its healthy in your region, doesn't mean its healthy as a whole. Special pleading for your region doesn't mean the game is not suffering from it.

    NA is bigger than oceania and the servers aren't not as populated as they were even just three months ago.


    Server browser is bugged sometine, has its own glitches. It was same in Bf1. As i said, i cant find any server with 1-2 free slots but if i click "join" im getting connected in 1-2seconds. And 2 minutes long waiting times ? Never had something like that even at 5am. But i play conquest exclusively (almost). Lack of players in other modes doesnt directly means that player population is going downhill. BF5 might have less players than BF1 but its not that bad as you guys (or some of you) describing. Some modes are boring, some doesnt fit Bf5 style so people are moving from one to another.
  • Pelliy
    2032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 12
    Pelliy said:
    Pelliy said:
    AreaDeniaI wrote: »
    Sorry for disturbing here but from where you guys are pulling **** like "servers are empty / people are leaving / bf5 is dying / population is dropping / etc ?

    Im playing every day at night and im on full servers until i go to sleep at 4-5am . Just step out of your little stinky box.

    The sales data, regions aren't the same aa yours so you come off rude. Example there's no firestorm presence in Oceania that are active. It's dead. Other servers fair a little better but not by much.


    In na, you can find more servers sometimes on bf1 than you can in bf5 depending on the hour of the day.


    First of all, server browser is bugged. Its not representative of game population. Sometime i cant even find Devastation with 64 players but if i click conquest-> play , it will join me 64 man serevr instnatly. I was trying to play bf1 several times (same as with bf4). Finding server wasnt that easy and if i joined some, it was plagued by cheaters.

    Why you are even talking about firestorm ? Thats not what Battlefield is about. Firestorm is niche mode for different community. Poor attempt to attract to sell more copies from DICE. So yea, stop mixing Firestorm empty servers with base game. Firestorm is not Battlefield. Im sure that it fits your point of view of "dying game" but cmon.

    And What sales data ? Because game sold less copies than BF1 ? Thats not indication of your average population. I`d be surprised if small percentage of total sales is still playing. Because game sold X million of copies that doesnt mean X million players are playing. Some people refund, quit, play for 10hours then quit. Its just a game. And  Im in central EU. I can join any conquest server just by clicking on Conquest and 8/10 times it puts me into 64 man server. Any time of day.

    Complaining about empty servers in Oceania...dude. Oceania. Just Central Europe has 15x more population than Oceania with Australia together. Not even talking about connectivity and overal availability of good connection/serevers etc. Because servers are less populated in your part of the world that doesnt mean game is dying or that its bad/crap.
    As someone mentioned before, they are reducing gamemodes based on population or lack there of.  That's a indication that there are not enough population in demand for gamemodes. Firestorm is a part of battlefield.  

    Server browser is bugged? Come on dude, that seems to be just an excuse. Even if you do que with quickmatch, it means it's finding players that are doing the same to put in a lobby. Sometimes you can wait for an excess of 2+mins in queues. Conquest? That's the most popular mode. Of course if you click quickmatch CQ, you'll find a server.  Go to the previous battlefields, the ones that population have dwindled..The only gamemodes that are somewhat populated are conquest.

    Dice also mentioned around Christmas time, they had issues retaining new players . Hence, why they tried to change the ttk. 

    The game is dying.  You're just excusing it making up adhoc rationalizations to why it's not the case. Dead doesn't mean the game is ghost town, though it can be. The fact that its longevity seems to dwindle more faster than bf1 tells you something. It's not in a healthy state. Just because its healthy in your region, doesn't mean its healthy as a whole. Special pleading for your region doesn't mean the game is not suffering from it.

    NA is bigger than oceania and the servers aren't not as populated as they were even just three months ago.


    Server browser is bugged sometine, has its own glitches. It was same in Bf1. As i said, i cant find any server with 1-2 free slots but if i click "join" im getting connected in 1-2seconds. And 2 minutes long waiting times ? Never had something like that even at 5am. But i play conquest exclusively (almost). Lack of players in other modes doesnt directly means that player population is going downhill. BF5 might have less players than BF1 but its not that bad as you guys (or some of you) describing. Some modes are boring, some doesnt fit Bf5 style so people are moving from one to another.
    The server browser is just an assertion. The server browser glitch happens in bf1 as you stated yourself, but if you go to the trackers you will see how many people are online. and what I find in bf1 server broswer, its on par of what I think the population is. 


    By no means is it a ghost town, but you don't get to play what you want, compared to months ago. 

    Generally, BF is capable of having at least 80-100k on all platforms combined near release window. Probably even more than that. BF1 was around 80k alone just on ps4 after the six months. I would be shocked in bf5 had a concurrent userbase of 100k players online at least some time during the day. I would be shocked.
  • Pelliy
    2032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry, I just can't buy that a server browser bug could hide dozens of servers that houses hundreds of players, if not thousands when accounted for globally as a legitimate argument that the reason it seems lower is because well, this bug.

    Sorry, there's no indication for that. When the game is populated, more servers show up in the server browser. When its not, less servers show up in the server browser. Yeah, some might not show up at all. I don't deny that, but I don't think its as significant as you're making it.

    Just something we have to agree to disagree on.
  • AreaDeniaI
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Do you have any statistic or you are pulling numbers outta nowhere ? Because without real numbers from DICE everything is just speculation.There might be more players in EU, less in UK for example. Some modes are less popular than others, its a new game. Do not expect everything to match old formula since bf3 just because its same franchise. They said they are shutting down UK servers to speed up matchmaking. That doesnt mean its 100% because of "not enough population". They have their own reasons on top of it.

    Im not whiteknighting this game, it has its own issues but i dont like to read "game is dying" every day just because "i dont like the game = game must be dying". And the fact that uk doesnt have its own EXCLUSIVE servers just plays in your favor atm. Other game i play (MMO) has SAME issues with certain regions having troubles, people were claiming that game is dead until developer released data and its 5th most played mmo. 


  • parkingbrake
    3035 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:
    Wrong. A major part is lack of content, whether its, rank, medals, maps, skins and so on.
    I disagree with this, because this game was pretty much DOA. That has nothing to do with ranks, medals, maps, skins and so forth. The game wasn't even out for a month before people stopped playing it. By december/January, people stopped playing. some didn't even reach level 50. Some dedicated people that you'd see regularly on BF1 that has  lvl  150 didn't even reach level 50 on bf5 before they called it quits
    SOME people quit, not all.  And there has been a steady supply of new players since Firestorm launched, with more as a result of BFV being available via EA promo packages.  And since BFV apparently sold as many copies as BF4, how can you describe it as DOA?  It looks to me like active player counts are down, but the game is still alive.  You have every right to post your reaction to the game and that of people you know, you don't have the right to act as if that's how everyone who bought this game feels.  
  • parkingbrake
    3035 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:

     in my experience the PC version is smooth and does play well.
    BFV ran much better months ago on PC imo. Now I have a lot of stuttering that I didn't have before the last 2 patches. Hit reg is also very unstable. I can have games where I hit every thing and then the next one I'm shooting blanks.
    It appears I'm one of the lucky ones. I don't have the stutter thing. I'm also not getting the hit reg problem...
    I've had a lot of it, I've watched players and vehicles rubber-banding across the map like crazy.  My PC was rebuild just to play this game and I have fiber internet, so it doesn't seem that the problem could be on my end since so many others are reporting the same thing.  If a liquid-cooled i7 9700K can't handle this game....
  • parkingbrake
    3035 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:
    Pelliy said:
    AreaDeniaI wrote: »
    Sorry for disturbing here but from where you guys are pulling **** like "servers are empty / people are leaving / bf5 is dying / population is dropping / etc ?

    Im playing every day at night and im on full servers until i go to sleep at 4-5am . Just step out of your little stinky box.

    The sales data, regions aren't the same aa yours so you come off rude. Example there's no firestorm presence in Oceania that are active. It's dead. Other servers fair a little better but not by much.


    In na, you can find more servers sometimes on bf1 than you can in bf5 depending on the hour of the day.


    First of all, server browser is bugged. Its not representative of game population. Sometime i cant even find Devastation with 64 players but if i click conquest-> play , it will join me 64 man serevr instnatly. I was trying to play bf1 several times (same as with bf4). Finding server wasnt that easy and if i joined some, it was plagued by cheaters.

    Why you are even talking about firestorm ? Thats not what Battlefield is about. Firestorm is niche mode for different community. Poor attempt to attract to sell more copies from DICE. So yea, stop mixing Firestorm empty servers with base game. Firestorm is not Battlefield. Im sure that it fits your point of view of "dying game" but cmon.

    And What sales data ? Because game sold less copies than BF1 ? Thats not indication of your average population. I`d be surprised if small percentage of total sales is still playing. Because game sold X million of copies that doesnt mean X million players are playing. Some people refund, quit, play for 10hours then quit. Its just a game. And  Im in central EU. I can join any conquest server just by clicking on Conquest and 8/10 times it puts me into 64 man server. Any time of day.

    Complaining about empty servers in Oceania...dude. Oceania. Just Central Europe has 15x more population than Oceania with Australia together. Not even talking about connectivity and overal availability of good connection/serevers etc. Because servers are less populated in your part of the world that doesnt mean game is dying or that its bad/crap.
    As someone mentioned before, they are reducing gamemodes based on population or lack there of.  That's a indication that there are not enough population in demand for gamemodes. Firestorm is a part of battlefield.  

    Server browser is bugged? Come on dude, that seems to be just an excuse. Even if you do que with quickmatch, it means it's finding players that are doing the same to put in a lobby. Sometimes you can wait for an excess of 2+mins in queues. Conquest? That's the most popular mode. Of course if you click quickmatch CQ, you'll find a server.  Go to the previous battlefields, the ones that population have dwindled..The only gamemodes that are somewhat populated are conquest.

    Dice also mentioned around Christmas time, they had issues retaining new players . Hence, why they tried to change the ttk. 

    The game is dying.  You're just excusing it making up adhoc rationalizations to why it's not the case. Dead doesn't mean the game is ghost town, though it can be. The fact that its longevity seems to dwindle more faster than bf1 tells you something. It's not in a healthy state. Just because its healthy in your region, doesn't mean its healthy as a whole. Special pleading for your region doesn't mean the game is not suffering from it.

    NA is bigger than oceania and the servers aren't not as populated as they were even just three months ago.


    Oh the server browser is bugged, I've tested it by leaving a match early in the round and then looking at the browser which shows there is no server running that map.  Or I look at the browser which shows a server running Map A with 50 players, I click on that server and now it shows it running Map B with 64 players, I repeat that exercise and now it shows Map C....  Something is clearly not working when populated servers appear and disappear at random, I've watched the browser go from three maps to ten and back to three in just a few mouse-clicks.

    I have no doubt the active player population has declined, I'm seeing fewer populated servers compared to a few months back.  But the browser is for sure messed up, I've seen the evidence of that too many times.
  • RABID_4TUNA
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 13
    If camping and dying quickly aren't enough...

    Try

    1. Being Zerg-rushed by hordes of AI enemies five times your level with Frank Horrigan-level bullet sponginess

    2. Being picked off and have your stuff stolen by a griefer five times your level the moment you leave the vault

    3. Never being able to wield a magical RNG weapon you really want since it requires five times your level to unlock

    4. Having a targeting system that doesn't even WORK

    5. Having your favorite items/pets stolen/murdered by bugs

    6. Having to spend real-world money on repair kits just to repair everything you hold dear.

    7. Having servers that kick you out/crash constantly

    8. Having weapons that break in 20 shots

    All this happened thanks to another campy, tryhard, insta-deathbore called Fallout 76.
    Post edited by RABID_4TUNA on
  • BURGERKRIEG
    783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do you have any statistic or you are pulling numbers outta nowhere ? Because without real numbers from DICE everything is just speculation.There might be more players in EU, less in UK for example. Some modes are less popular than others, its a new game. Do not expect everything to match old formula since bf3 just because its same franchise. They said they are shutting down UK servers to speed up matchmaking. That doesnt mean its 100% because of "not enough population". They have their own reasons on top of it.

    Im not whiteknighting this game, it has its own issues but i dont like to read "game is dying" every day just because "i dont like the game = game must be dying". And the fact that uk doesnt have its own EXCLUSIVE servers just plays in your favor atm. Other game i play (MMO) has SAME issues with certain regions having troubles, people were claiming that game is dead until developer released data and its 5th most played mmo. 


    What statistics? I didn’t quote any player population numbers.

    Unlike previous titles that data has not been released to 3rd parties, for good reason I’m sure.

    The only data released pertaining to player numbers was during the EA investors call. They stated that 7 million copies were sold, when they originally projected it would be 13. It is the first BF title not to make the top ten selling games list.

    I do not want the game to fail any worse than it already has. I bought two copies because I believed they would turn it around at some point.

    If you read the thread you’ll see this is more a discussion about gameplay, what works, what doesn’t and how can players that quit can be brought back, rather than a digression into relativism.


  • ackers75
    2149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tactical and bfv should not even be in the same sentence!
    You can’t have any tactical element in the game with basic gun play being so poor.
    Then we have the changed ticket system that makes conquest literally one big tdm.

    The garbage is uninstalled and staying that way!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!