MMG prone camping

124»

Comments

• bran1986
    5659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Disable bipod requirement to ADS, disable bipodding on your back, nerf bullet damage to make mmgs ttk in line with other automatics, improve fun drastically.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1811 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    Disable bipod requirement to ADS, disable bipodding on your back, nerf bullet damage to make mmgs ttk in line with other automatics, improve fun drastically.
    Thats the dumb thing - how can being on your back get you bipod bonuses, when in reality you cant bipod the weapon! 
  • ElliotLH
    8199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:

Thats the dumb thing - how can being on your back get you bipod bonuses, when in reality you cant bipod the weapon! 

Shins made from steel.
  • Entek101
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im a support player mostly - I use mmgs a lot.  I find that moving from place to place and having superior firepower is fun, but I get shot ALOT while moving around the map.  Its next to impossible to stay with my squad, and my reaction times are too slow to run and gun with it.

I find the biggest problem is that at the minute, it FEELS like the enemy players are cheating - I die behind cover, get shot from ridiculously long ranges by guns that shouldn't be used that way, and generally feel like im getting dumped on.  As a mg'er you have to adapt to that, but camping in one spot for kills is daft and should never be done anyway.  Its just hard to move to a position to cover your advancing squad when the second you open fire at an enemy, his teammate turns and insta kills you with a Suomi from a distance of 50+ meters.  Isnt the mg supposed to be able to tackle groups by mowing em down?  Not so in this game it seems. 

Bipoding only accuracy works fine, if the rest of the game works fine - it clearly doesn't.  I REALLY don't think aiming down sight accuracy like BF1 is a good idea - especially for guns like the mg42 (1200 rpm mode) however.  As it stands, the big problem that seems to come up is "get killed by someone that I couldn't see" - and tbh, the doritos we all miss from the other games would solve that issue INSTANTLY.  If someone spotted you with flares / gunfire / binos and you had a dorrito on your head, you WOULDNT be able to prone in weird places for kills - ppl would come round the corner and spot your "newbie shoot here arrow".

• c-s-t-r-i-n-i-x
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you're getting killed out in the open by an MMG, it's the MMG users fault??

Take cover, flank, use smoke. Don't just run out in the open then complain you got killed.

This guy has the right idea. How about play smart.

We can’t help that the guy lying prone in the open with no cover, killed you.
  • SirTerrible
    1690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    How dare you try to turn this TPS (turret person shooter) into an FPS! But yeah, this would be more fun. The only concern of course would be that they'd end up just being big mag ARs which could hurt balance but if non-bipod ADS spread was high enough or recoil crazy enough or w/e it could probably be done without destroying balance. What would the bullets to kill need to be for the rate of fire upgrade MG-42 to keep things balanced in this scenario though? Then again the SMG 08 post TTK 2.0 in BF1 was a thing that (some) people were ok with so it'd be hard to top that.
  • Juanicee
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    for me are more problematic (by far ) the staggering amount of stgs 44 and sturmgewehrs 3x scope i meet in my games laser killing you at any distance. 

Damn Stgs are everywhere. If you get aimed with that, good bye.
  • bran1986
    5659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:

How dare you try to turn this TPS (turret person shooter) into an FPS! But yeah, this would be more fun. The only concern of course would be that they'd end up just being big mag ARs which could hurt balance but if non-bipod ADS spread was high enough or recoil crazy enough or w/e it could probably be done without destroying balance. What would the bullets to kill need to be for the rate of fire upgrade MG-42 to keep things balanced in this scenario though? Then again the SMG 08 post TTK 2.0 in BF1 was a thing that (some) people were ok with so it'd be hard to top that.

Good question, I think it is something that would need a lot of testing and feedback to get right. To me the ttk of the MG42 needs to be doubled from where it is now, the other MMGs need adjusted as well. I honestly felt this is one area where DICE did a good job balancing them in BF1, until DICE LA started the bipod meta after ttk 2.0 but even then you usually have time to react to them. The negative spread was a good way to balance the lmgs but not to turn them into large mag assault rifles.
  • Matty101yttam
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think they are fairly fine now, i definitely think laying on your back shouldn't get bipod(i always used it regular prone because i didn't think back would work).
    One element the game could use that's semi-realistic and could balance it a bit is the dusting from bullets in front of the support player. If bullet dusting the terrain worked like smoke and obstructed vision it would make their job a bit harder and those missing shots would still have some effect on the prone player.
    While that wouldn't help the first player they surprise, the others behind them could block his vision with panic fire.
    Something else that may help is making the glowing barrel a bit more visible, again it won't fix it 100% but a red object in the green bushes is one more thing to make them stand out.

Just my opinion anyhow, i feel like it's not too bad atm and just needs some smaller negative effects that better players can deal with while still making a difference when combined together.
  • Cerben1
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think they are fairly fine now, i definitely think laying on your back shouldn't get bipod(i always used it regular prone because i didn't think back would work).
    One element the game could use that's semi-realistic and could balance it a bit is the dusting from bullets in front of the support player. If bullet dusting the terrain worked like smoke and obstructed vision it would make their job a bit harder and those missing shots would still have some effect on the prone player.
    While that wouldn't help the first player they surprise, the others behind them could block his vision with panic fire.
    Something else that may help is making the glowing barrel a bit more visible, again it won't fix it 100% but a red object in the green bushes is one more thing to make them stand out.

Just my opinion anyhow, i feel like it's not too bad atm and just needs some smaller negative effects that better players can deal with while still making a difference when combined together.
    so an buggy bi-pod and huge muzzle flash and pore fov not abel to aim in all angels and low damage and stationary target needs an nerf ?  if you run in to an MG42 head on assault you shod die. as its an weapon that is designed to hold an area and kill stuff in front of it. and who cant kill MMGs whit an semi auto like the turner smle? or if you need support wheels us an stg or any other full auto Assault weapon. hell even medics smg out ttk them but sure its we need to nerf it more cose some ppl cant adapt to take out an mmg that is prone.  the ultimat  kit in game is Action-man you dont have to be an god to kill stuff whit it or have reflexes or super aim just some know how to point and shoot. but every one is playing recon now days whit boys or some semi or what ever they can use and whine about they getting hurt by an MMG by an prone support player, why no just give the repair tool to action man and the ammo to recon and we cold take out the support from the game and the cool cod kids will rejoice.
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    375 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Juanicee said:
    for me are more problematic (by far ) the staggering amount of stgs 44 and sturmgewehrs 3x scope i meet in my games laser killing you at any distance. 

Damn Stgs are everywhere. If you get aimed with that, good bye.
    They make me nervous when they laser shot me from across the map firing full auto and all their bullets goin in straight line. If i do that with high ROF medical weapon, the crosshair moves like crazy because of random horizontal recoil
  • Matty101yttam
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cerben1 said:

so an buggy bi-pod and huge muzzle flash and pore fov not abel to aim in all angels and low damage and stationary target needs an nerf ?  if you run in to an MG42 head on assault you shod die. as its an weapon that is designed to hold an area and kill stuff in front of it. and who cant kill MMGs whit an semi auto like the turner smle? or if you need support wheels us an stg or any other full auto Assault weapon. hell even medics smg out ttk them but sure its we need to nerf it more cose some ppl cant adapt to take out an mmg that is prone.  the ultimat  kit in game is Action-man you dont have to be an god to kill stuff whit it or have reflexes or super aim just some know how to point and shoot. but every one is playing recon now days whit boys or some semi or what ever they can use and whine about they getting hurt by an MMG by an prone support player, why no just give the repair tool to action man and the ammo to recon and we cold take out the support from the game and the cool cod kids will rejoice.
    mmg is the least visible role due to positions needed for bipod while being the highest most accurate damage.
    All my suggestions do is add some balance to those 2 factors, that won't impact a huge amount on their own.
  • Cerben1
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cerben1 said:

mmg is the least visible role due to positions needed for bipod while being the highest most accurate damage.
    All my suggestions do is add some balance to those 2 factors, that won't impact a huge amount on their own.
    so an assault whit an Stg or any other weapon that is prone is less accurate and more visible? support move slower then any other class and are gimped when they fire there mmg as its needs an bipod to be Accurate so lets make that not good even there, how is that balanced? have you seen the muzzle flash the mmgs produce when fired in game? if you cant kill an support that is stationary whit an mmg i suggest play another game !! i have stopped playing suport whit mmg as they suck its way easy to get kills whit all the other 3 classes Assault is superman recon well half the other team is recon so you have more then enuf targets to kill and they are easy pickings as most of them are doing the boys thing so 120m or so from them and you win. medic well you have to get close or use the new medic M28 con Tromboncino that makes you an sniper whit unlimited heals hows that for camping potential =D =D 
  • Matty101yttam
    edited June 16
    Cerben1 said:
    Cerben1 said:

so an assault whit an Stg or any other weapon that is prone is less accurate and more visible? support move slower then any other class and are gimped when they fire there mmg as its needs an bipod to be Accurate so lets make that not good even there, how is that balanced? have you seen the muzzle flash the mmgs produce when fired in game? if you cant kill an support that is stationary whit an mmg i suggest play another game !! i have stopped playing suport whit mmg as they suck its way easy to get kills whit all the other 3 classes Assault is superman recon well half the other team is recon so you have more then enuf targets to kill and they are easy pickings as most of them are doing the boys thing so 120m or so from them and you win. medic well you have to get close or use the new medic M28 con Tromboncino that makes you an sniper whit unlimited heals hows that for camping potential =D =D 
    I play all the classes evenly, i've spent a lot of time as mmg, the issue is when running around with stg most are visible because they don't need to prone, they can if they want but in general most are more mobile.
    Mmg's by their very nature make people become less visible simply by needing the bipod and being stationary, they are either prone if in the open or behind an object. If a person is not either of these they simply aren't a good mmg player.

Also i said the most "accurate damage" so yes a mmg with a bipod is VASTLY more accurate than an stg, you can fire at dots across the map with stg but you need to control the shots and slow your fire...mmg can get a lot of shots across the map, so many that an mmg will win against stg at distance if they are only fighting each other. An mmg just wins with a wall of lead, all guns in bfv shoot accurate except for shotguns, its the recoil that you need to deal with, mmg's in that regard can put more shots on target than stg in the same timeframe.

The fact you stopped playing support suggests you simply don't know how to use it correctly, it's about knowing player traffic and game flow, following a more realistic support role(if you actually find positions for overwatch of your team members as they move into objectives). I can get a top position simply by running mmg and playing smart, mmg is all about the thinking and positioning before the action starts which is why their ambush potential and the surprise by other players is so high.
    MMG is also the one role that can play any map well because of this surprise factor and ambush play(as well as having very strong AT capabilities with mines), where as close range medics will be better, long range sniper and assault is the more average all rounder.

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    DICE said they would fix that, make it impossible to ADS while on your back.  We're still waiting.
  • Tosasan_HUN
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
     I dont understand this forum i start lv up my mg42 and i dont think ist op at all, whit this bipod system, if you move a littlebit the bipod need deploy again if you turn to big need to deploy the gun again.
    Hipfire the mmg is so unreal cant hit the target 3m away. if you stay stationary the snipers shot down, if you rush or move you got a big disadvatage agains all guns because you need to prone down but sometimes the character cant or dont deploy the gun inmediately and its enough time to die. mmg is only good hold 1 line for the first smoke.
    and if you try to suppress and start shoting you are a easiest target for the enemy sniper.
  • Zipet_88
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been a battlefield fan since bad company 2, and i will always pick battlefield over COD. That being said, the mmg weapon class that was introduced in bf5 is really starting to annoy me and ruin the battlefield experience for me. I can't count how many games i have played where i have been killed by a random person that is prone in the open with a mmg. 9 times out of 10 i can't see them, so i dont even get a chance to react before i get sprayed down by an extreme rate of fire and accuracy. I understand that adding this weapon class is realistic, but i think im not alone on the fact that some players are really taking advantage of this and its starting to ruin the experience for some players. Being killed several times in a row by a camping mmg in the open really frustrates me and im sure other people feel the same way.
    i am one of them that is useing an mmg where ever i can. i cant see the issue with them sorry. same goes with snipers. they can be annoying and they do the same thing as you are saying about an mmg but as someone said. use smoke. cover. flank them. i dont mind the bipod system. cant have it all right?
  • Matty101yttam
    I personally would love to see some more teamwork options open up for support type roles.
    For instance mortar and mmg should have an attach point other players could link to to increase their effectiveness, for instance another support can lock on to the side of an mmg and give it a bigger belt feed and faster ammo reload/barrel change.
    That way more team work, more visibility, more rewards for players hunting them etc. and it looks the part having a mg/mortar team, could even stretch this to other roles like sniper with dedicated spotter.

By adding a system like this it would allow for nerfs to current snipers, mg's and mortars but buffs to those same roles for teamwork players.
  • c-s-t-r-i-n-i-x
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
     I dont understand this forum i start lv up my mg42 and i dont think ist op at all, whit this bipod system, if you move a littlebit the bipod need deploy again if you turn to big need to deploy the gun again.Hipfire the mmg is so unreal cant hit the target 3m away. if you stay stationary the snipers shot down, if you rush or move you got a big disadvatage agains all guns because you need to prone down but sometimes the character cant or dont deploy the gun inmediately and its enough time to die. mmg is only good hold 1 line for the first smoke.and if you try to suppress and start shoting you are a easiest target for the enemy sniper.

I’ve lost all faith in the BF forum community. I only come here typically on night shift when I’m really bored.......