Spoting & Fun

oGLo17
21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Oh God, when people will understand the main point of spotting in the battlefield games, and that the vast majority of players are just there for fun, everything else is minimal important for them.
Although spotting has a big role (negative) in , firing into red marks from a distance, as well as in direct micro-fights.
In my opinion, this is not his key role.
The key role of spotting is that it practically defines the flow movement of all players in the game, leading to their organized grouping  on both sides, creating fights we are used to in the last editions of the battlefield.
This naturally increases chaos and confusion in small areas, but that's just what makes the game fun (I'm dont give daim for skillful and strategically oriented players, fun is only important).
Without spotting, we have the situation that more than half of players (inexperienced) wander around the map unconscious of what and where it happens, becoming victims of camper or sniper from afar, and frustrated leaving the game.
The entire fights is also scattered across the map, and the moment of grouping and the chaotic fights and mess, that is actually fun, is lost (or diminished).
my 2 cents

Comments

• Marcusspinner
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 8
    I don't know which game you where playing but what you write there is exactly how Battlefield is and how Battlefield suppose to be. Work as team and you will outplay the enemy team. Playing on your own just try to survive. My only problem is that playing the objective "PTO" is sometimes diffucult when there is no coordination or when people don't know what to do. Spotting is nice ofcourse but this doesn't win you the game and not every player can be scout is for now a couple of sniper how use spotting will do for your team, mix some medic and assault in there and you will have a hard time winning from such a team.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The core audience currently deeply engaged with BFV do not care that new players, or even more returning casual players find the game frustrating and quit playing. Silly, but unfortunately it’s how things are.

IMO BFV is currently too unpopular with low player numbers to support running a “normal mode” so it is unlikely that unless the private server program allows spotting that you’ll see the sort of experience you are looking for return in this game.

It will probably return in the next title though.
  • oGLo17
    Im deeply confident that players who prefer a skilled game, with more tactical approach and dependence on the organized team, make a miserable percentage of player base. The vast majority wants only cassual entertainment, and when I say the majority I think the ratio is 20 to 1 and more. 
    Rock Solid evidence of this is the current number of players, whitch is ridiculous small, against the old titles that filled the fun requirements.
    You, players on the other side of this logic, you can scream, but the situation with game is obvious, and this game has become a hostage of your fantasy.
  • oGLo17
    I would also add that the same goes for the TTK and TTD.
    No one who play for fun, do not want encounter an experienced maniac after 30 seconds, which clears him from field in 1 seconds.
    I do not increase TTK and TTD by 10%, I would increase it 3 times if possible.
    And just to add, I really dont care about reality.
    It's just matter fun to play.
  • oGLo17
    Although I firmly believe in the above, I see that I am on this forum in a large minority, unfortunately I do not think that the situation with the BF5 will improve, on the contrary, the game will slowly but surely dull, very very sadly.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12007 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited June 9
    Spotting was a plague...

I would be happy for its complete removal,  even when a player is suppressed.

Bf has never been about deeply tactical gameplay,  There are too many casual characteristics to have it be on the same level as other tactical shooters,  you'll want the Arma series or the upcoming hell let loose for that kind of play really.
  • herodes87
    1215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting helps alot against camping fools who Just wants easy Kills.

Knife them until they Change there Playstyle or leave.
  • oGLo17
    edited June 10
    I hope you understand, im not denie bad issues with spoting. But i wanna say again, with spoting we have concentrated player flow on map and close battles, which i found fun. My opinion is that one reason why people not satisfacted with bf5 maps is excactly becouse they miss that player flow arround objectives and messy and chaotic battles.
  • mrtwotimes
    642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Eh I always forget to look at the mini-map anyhow.... :s
  • Astr0damus
    2855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Eh I always forget to look at the mini-map anyhow.... :s
    Enlarge it to 150% then it forces you to see it occasionally.
  • Astr0damus
    2855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    Not sure about spotting as I am getting used to it to a degree.

That said, 'fun' is sorely missing!

The 'hardcore lite' approach is simply no 'fun' for a lot of people. Removal or lack of 'trolling' opportunities is another disappointment, preventing proper 'only in Battlefield moments'.

If this approach continues, Battlefield is in danger of becoming a 'niche' game. Whilst some may welcome that, it will be the death of the franchise.

And yet, there has been nothing done for fix the issue of people camping in the spawn with a tank (where you cannot get to them). Plus, there is no reason for them to leave the spawn for more ammo or repairing because most (all?) have a repair/resupply depot (WHY?).
  • oGLo17
    Instead of use and leave all fun and good from previous games, just correcting the inconsistencies, and further improve details, they turned everything, changed the essence of the game and everything go wrong.
    what we wish, to deal with the cheaters faster and strictly, to deal with the balance, and to deal with camper ...

• ragnarok013
    2299 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Trokey66 said:
    Oooohhh Mod fight!

I'm team @ragnarok013 here though, the 'hardcore lite' approach which lack of spotting is a big part, leads to more frustrations than its removal was supposed to reduce.
      LOL I thought you guys would enjoy that Trokey66 and on my first day back as well! I agree that the hardcore lite is a huge part of the equation and one that cannot be ignored in this discussion.
  • TFBisquit
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, I still enjoy a couple of rounds in bfv every day. But the no spotting and poor visibility in general makes it hard work for me.
    It's not as relaxing as I wished for, which also leaves little room for some fun moments.
    Too much focus and too much concentration is probably the main reason why people have less fun.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12007 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Trokey66 said:
    Oooohhh Mod fight!

I'm team @ragnarok013 here though, the 'hardcore lite' approach which lack of spotting is a big part, leads to more frustrations than its removal was supposed to reduce.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np6gyUb0E7o

haha
  • sabootheshaman
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting was a plague...

I would be happy for its complete removal,  even when a player is suppressed.

Bf has never been about deeply tactical gameplay,  There are too many casual characteristics to have it be on the same level as other tactical shooters,  you'll want the Arma series or the upcoming hell let loose for that kind of play really.
    I'll disagree with you here on spotting being a plague LOLGotYerTags. Spotting was meant to simulate squad and "team" communication relaying spotting reports to one another in a game where the vast majority of players do not use VOIP in game. In that regard it was quite successful. Removing spotting has had the net negative result of players being largely unaware of the tactical situation in their current locale leading to more and more frustration at dying from seemingly invisible prone enemies. Add the net code woes and we have a recipe for frustration from new and casual players. Let's face it that spotting was never "abused" in previous entries as a few people continue to imply since people complained incessantly on the forums and on social media that "blueberries never spot" but now here in BF5 it was somehow a crutch.
    "Simulate" - That must of been some magical vision they had back then. How in any way are Doritos/3d spotting any more sim like than the current system which says "I saw him here last". What you are describing means someone was able to see and describe the enemies movements down to the centimetre to his squad constantly.

You're dreaming bunj!