To moderators here....why you keep shutting down cheating discussions?

italickus
394 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Before you shut down this thread as well as usual.... give me an answer and let me read it. Then be free to delete it.

The cheating megathread been closed time ago for no reason whatsoever. Any attempt to open any threads discussing cheaters is automatically - immediately - shut down, even if theres no naming and shaming inside.

What i dont understand is... what are you afraid of? Getting sued by cheat creators? getting sued by cheaters in game using their 4th account to cheat? 

Reddit has a Battlefield V section. That is allegedly the official one about the game, being constantly read by DICE developers. And yet, there the moderators dont give a damn if someone complains of cheater posting a video in which the cheater is well recorded. But here speaking of cheaters is taboo. If you post a video, you have to heavily edit it, same for screenshots.

Why? Cant you be just be like the official reddit of BF5 in which cheating discussions are welcome? 

Because you know, when you go to a psychologist for a consultation, the first step to heal is to recognize you have a problem. Not denying it like it happens here. And with having a problem i mean the plague of cheating in BF5

Comments

• PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do you really not know the difference between posting on Reddit and posting on a forum that is owned and operated by a multinational corporation called Electronic Arts?  EA sets the rules here, not the mods.  They have no say as to what goes on Reddit.  Only the mods there do.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not because they're uncomfortable with a thread on cheating.

It's because it's easier to ban any and all discussions about cheating, rather than having to cherry pick through god knows how many posts just to find the ones that are actively trying to sell or share cheats.

That's it.
  • DARTmanJOE
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    for this same reason i haven't bought BF 5 ha ha ha
    I have had some nasty experiences with moderators on this website who side with teh cheaters and i decided to not support this game anymore

• warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Perhaps they've just found the complete solution to cheating and they are anticipating it becoming an obsolete topic of discussion.
  • SirBobdk
    5338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was wrong to close that mega thread imo.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Quoted from LOLGotYerTags 

There are reasons why we do not permit cheating or anti-cheat discussions anymore.

• It doesn't expedite action
    • There is nothing you can post that is "new" regarding anticheat or the cheating situation
    • People use those threads as a means to expose suspected ( and indeed actual ) cheaters.
    • People even accuse youtubers of cheating based on their scores ( which isn't indicative of cheating whatsoever ) 
    So yes,  You cannot make threads on the issue any further.

Further posts or threads of this nature will of course be actioned for spam and / or forum disruption.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Previously they've banned them because they would expose exploits, showing other users how to do it. So they contained it with prohibition.

Not sure what the intent is today but I'm sure it's in the forum rules. Mods only enforce the rules and without them this place would be trashed with bots, profanity, ads and everything else.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

There are reasons why we do not permit cheating or anti-cheat discussions anymore.

• It doesn't expedite action
    • There is nothing you can post that is "new" regarding anticheat or the cheating situation
    • People use those threads as a means to expose suspected ( and indeed actual ) cheaters.
    • People even accuse youtubers of cheating based on their scores ( which isn't indicative of cheating whatsoever ) 
    So yes,  You cannot make threads on the issue any further.

Further posts or threads of this nature will of course be actioned for spam and / or forum disruption.

Also,  Please feel free to read the official response regarding this subject.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1551428/#Comment_1551428

Do not recreate.
This discussion has been closed.