Tank vs Assault debate

SmokeD_BabooN
490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
There are a few threads about this problem. I dont think Dice gets it, but this is meta as imagined by Devs.
So I will give you a problem with couple of answers where only one is the correct one.
First one who answers correctly gets my respect and a video with his answer.

Problem:
A flag in Conquest Panzerstorm is contested. Opposing sides: 4 german tanks -2 Tiger 1, 2 Panzer IV. allies 2 assaults. Tanks do not know assaults positions.
Who do you think gonna charge and attack each other and why?

1. Tanks cause are powerful;
2.Assaults cause they are skilled;
3.Tanks cause are many;
4.Assaults cause they have firepower and mobility.
5.No one, they will just disenagage.
6. Assaults hide and wait for teammates to spawn on them and charge the 4 tanks.

Comments

• sabootheshaman
    1241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t think theirs a correct answer. Nor do I care for the prize.

This plays out way more complex than the options presented. The game is more complex than this.

Not sure what the posts goal is other than to start another tanks vs assault debate.
  • Matty101yttam
    1339 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah too many options, i personally am extremely aggressive in all aspects of the game so i would take one on if i had full ammo(it takes everything to kill a tank on your own and half damaging a tank is as good as no damage once your out of ammo). Also depending on the location of the nearest ammo pile i would be more/less inclined to engage. As to whether i wait for squad mates that depends if i'm in with my actual mates or randoms, randoms is a waste of time waiting since they will probably see the tank and run, actual mates it also depends on what they are doing at the time. Also depending on the tank position to resupply station and my ammo, i may be more inclined to go after the resupply station so that the team has a better chance on the tanks.

As i said though i'm extremely aggressive, i'm the sort that knowingly solo charges a 5+ man group, will stand in an open area next to ammo trying to get enemy planes to strafe me so i can AT rocket them, will run into arty to revive etc.
  • olavafar
    2178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well I can play as I just sit here waiting for my compiler anyway...

- If they do not know where the assaults are, they cannot attack them. So no.

- Odd  alternative. I sense irony here. So no.

3.Tanks cause are many;
    - See point 1. So no.

- This is to me the obvious answer, given these alternatives. So YES!

- Rarely happens in BF, people mostly like to shoot at one another (unless it is Firestorm). So no.

6. Assaults hide and wait for teammates to spawn on them and charge the 4 tanks.
    - If they were medics, perhaps, assaults does not work like this. So no.

Having said that, there is no guarantee the assault will be successful. They only have chance as long as they do not end up in front of the tank weapons.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    A skilled tank driver can do more than 3 noobs and couple of assault players.

Stop whining

Ps. I always skip panzersorm but on any other nap would do everything to sneak in a tank
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2126 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Those 2 assaults would probably be unaware there were actually 4 tanks on the point such is the poor audio and visibility at times, not to mention they are unlikely to be all in a nice neat row. I would just shoot an scoot to try to get more ammo and hope to take one tank down, and lay some mines to catch a second
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    olavafar said:
    Well I can play as I just sit here waiting for my compiler anyway...

- If they do not know where the assaults are, they cannot attack them. So no.

- Odd  alternative. I sense irony here. So no.

3.Tanks cause are many;
    - See point 1. So no.

- This is to me the obvious answer, given these alternatives. So YES!

- Rarely happens in BF, people mostly like to shoot at one another (unless it is Firestorm). So no.

- If they were medics, perhaps, assaults does not work like this. So no.

Having said that, there is no guarantee the assault will be successful. They only have chance as long as they do not end up in front of the tank weapons.

You fully deserve my respect. I think DICE can hire you as an adviser. I think in the end, after 2000 more patches, the game will have a balanced game vehicles vs infy.

@To others: This thread was not meant to inflate anything. My K/D in that game was 35. 19 kills in G2, killed by AA, hopped in Tiger 1, won at 6 tickets. It is not a brag about my skill. It is how unbalanced are vehicles vs infy. Or zombies or whatever. @Matthew: I wiped the floor with infys at that flag, if you have patience, it si boring and unedited, look at all 5 minutes, you gonna see it.

The correct answer needs a video as I said, skip to minute 4:00:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDt0o9KgaGM
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It depends on if the players are noobs to BF or if they've played previous BF games. If the match is full of BF vets then the Assault players are going to surround those tanks and destroy them. They'll come from far and wide because it's rewarding and fun. In previous BF's tanks were strong, powerful and hard to kill. So now you feel like you're some kind of super hero because you can take a tank out. Something you couldn't do before, especially solo.

For me personally, when I'm in a tank it seems like it last a few minutes before it gets blown up. But when I'm trying to take a tank out it feels like my rockets barely do anything. I need to learn where their weak points are.

• SmokeD_BabooN
    DJTN1 said:
    It depends on if the players are noobs to BF or if they've played previous BF games. If the match is full of BF vets then the Assault players are going to surround those tanks and destroy them. They'll come from far and wide because it's rewarding and fun. In previous BF's tanks were strong, powerful and hard to kill. So now you feel like you're some kind of super hero because you can take a tank out. Something you couldn't do before, especially solo.

For me personally, when I'm in a tank it seems like it last a few minutes before it gets blown up. But when I'm trying to take a tank out it feels like my rockets barely do anything. I need to learn where their weak points are.

I played to death as a tanker BF1942, BC2, BF3 and BF4.(top 1 all) And I was by no means a top tanker leaderboard guy because I mained infy. No questions asked, any other game, infys feared tanks not because they were overpowered but because they had mobility and useful gadgets to rely upon(thermal/irnv) and general flawless movement in comparison with the atrocious state that tanks are in atm.

BFV meta is just upside down. One tanker should avoid one assault not viceversa. If you think about it, you gonna see it is wrong in multiple aspects.
    In BF4 you had 3 soldiers that could disable/destroy a tank on their own:engi, support and recon. BUT in order to do that they should have teamworked. Of course now and then even a single player could destroy a tank like in BFV nowadays, but those cases were pretty rare. BUT TANKS WERE FEARED BECAUSE THEY COULD SUCCESSFULLY DEFEND THEMSELVES. So they were power multipliers.
    Now an assault can destroy single handed a tank, he doesnt need to rely on teamwork, because tanks are slow as fk, because movement is jittery, and because mighty powerful attrition. Attrition was also in previous games(main cannon couldnt be abused, secondary was overheating etc). 

I really dont wanna think how bad is to be a tanker playing on PC. I wonder how it is like to matrix a tank when 2-3 assaults with mice at 6000 dpi aim at you.

My tears are for my PC fellows. Guys you are real heroes there.

• Hawxxeye
    6897 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    take into account that an assault has a lot less to lose by being aggressive than a tank due to the difference in respawn times.
    A tanker who loses his tank not only takes a death but also has to wait for a long time for a new tank with always the prospect that someone will claim the tank slot before him.
    Here is a short horror movie about  a tank's life on PC

• TFBisquit
    2131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    4 tanks versus 2 assault.
    Well, unless that squad is made of friends playing togheter, one if them is recon, so won't spawn on squad. Chances that the remaining 3 are assault is also slim. So you have 2 assault versus 4 tanks. They shoot one tank, and alert the other 3, thus get killed. Even a team of 4 assault won't defeat 4 tanks with crew.
    So the comparison is invalid to start with.
    The fact you record a team in one game that does attack, is pointless.
    Anyway, why do tankers want to be invulnerable? Why do they expect to roam the round and farm kills without dying? You got sp campaign for that, and it was about time the playground got balanced equal also btw.
    People driving tanks or planes and farming 50-0 or even more in long rounds has always been bs, and it was about time they brought that back to a fair level.
  • Cropulus
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks are fine where they are. Stop trying to solo everything. Tanks that back each other up, will win over infantry, but they need to play it smart, just like assaults would need to do to win that engagement. 
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    TFBisquit said:
    Well, unless that squad is made of friends playing togheter, one if them is recon, so won't spawn on squad. Chances that the remaining 3 are assault is also slim. So you have 2 assault versus 4 tanks. They shoot one tank, and alert the other 3, thus get killed. Even a team of 4 assault won't defeat 4 tanks with crew.
    Anyway, why do tankers want to be invulnerable? Why do they expect to roam the round and farm kills without dying? You got sp campaign for that, and it was about time the playground got balanced equal also btw.
    People driving tanks or planes and farming 50-0 or even more in long rounds has always been bs, and it was about time they brought that back to a fair level.
    Seems your jimmies were rustled. 
    No offence bro, point where in the thread someone said invulnerable.

The key topic is balance. If you think one assault can be deciding factor against a 60 tons steel coffin, you re right.

• MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:

The key topic is balance. If you think one assault can be deciding factor against a 60 tons steel coffin, you re right.

you want ballance?

I suggest you read how tanks were disabled and crew killed in the tank... easier than shooting 3 panzerfausts 3 dynamites and a anti tank granade
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_warfare#Infantry_close_assault
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2126 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:

you want ballance?

I suggest you read how tanks were disabled and crew killed in the tank... easier than shooting 3 panzerfausts 3 dynamites and a anti tank granade
    Of course a single Pzfaust or Piat round or AP round can knock out a tank, conversely a single MG round could disable/kill an infantryman or being near a HE shell will at the very least knock you down and disorientate you.  That's why in game 1 AP round cant knock out a tank in the same way most guns cant OHK infantry.  It's about trying to find the right balance, and i dont think they have it quite right yet.  I think tank weapons v infantry  is OK at the moment. It's just assault weapons v tanks i think is a bit out of whack and 1 assault has too much firepower.  Removing TNT and giving it to scouts would be job done in my opinion and make AT nades a gadget topped up to 2 (combined damage slightly more than a single current nade, but not 2x) so an Assault has a choice of AT nades or mines
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    TFBisquit said:

you want ballance?

I really think you are in wrong forums here. Go play arma, and stop talking about things you can't comprehend. This game is arcadeish not sum reality show. Entire BF franchise was and is.
    Probably in your opinion, it is fair a 88 mm shell to make some inconsistent hit markers on a poors assaults leg, when explodes 1m away, assault doesnt care, or if he cares enough he respawns 14 seconds later,  but the other way around you can't see because you are behind a thick wall.

• ProAssassin2003
    3791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    It's not a Complex issue or a hard issue to fix. There is tons of information from knowledgeable players like myself and others who have told them how to fix it. I could fix it pretty fast if given the developers tools and training. But IMO DICE doesn't care or they are ignoring the issue because they want Battlefield to be an Infantry focused franchise when it's never been. I could detail multiple fixes and explain it but I'm done doing that. I've did it multiple times with no results. I do have a wonderful video though that explains the problem really well from a favorite Battlefield You Tuber. 

And it's also hilarious seeing comments from Anti Tank Assault players claiming realism when they throw Dynamite without Fuses,carry multiple Anti Tank weapons and reload Piats and Panseyfausts in seconds with no negative impacts to gameplay. All this while the Tanks in BF V are designed like a Tank simulation game. 

• Legarhead
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

See my post...

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/189239/respawn-cooldown-when-switching-classes-weapons

Seems cheesy to me too and a think adding more time to the respawn counter when you switch up classes before they can jump back in will help...

• BURGERKRIEG
    1043 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Tanks need infantry support now in BFV.

The design ethos of the game is squad focused.

Tanks are not exempt. You can’t roll up on a point alone and expect to rain death and capture like in previous titles. Infantry needs to get in and clear out any hiding enemy squads.

Like everything in this game, it’s all more cat and mouse. The co ordination required is cool but it rarely plays out that way.

In your scenario I’m sure the tanks would sit back and the assaults would try to flank.
    Post edited by BURGERKRIEG on
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If them tanks got excellent machine gunners them two assault guys get mowed down.  Unless them two assault guys are from two different squads with mics. Then they peak and lean and use the "bore me" tactics and wait till all squads mates spawn on them for 8 players then them tanks are fubar.  Medics can pop smoke, couple support guys can drop ammo boxes and run at the tanks with tank mines while assault run through the smoke as well and go bananas.  Sounds like a party.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    Tanks need infantry support now in BFV.

The design ethos of the game is squad focused.

Tanks are not exempt. You can’t roll up on a point alone and expect to rain death and capture like in previous titles. Infantry needs to get in and clear out any hiding enemy squads.

Like everything in this game, it’s all more cat and mouse. The co ordination required is cool but it rarely plays out that way.

In your scenario I’m sure the tanks would sir back and the assaults would try to flank.
    see, people say tanks should be squad focused and aways have support - fair enpugh, yet its OK for Assaults to solo kill a tank without squad support.